Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Plymouth_MadeInChina

The Vanguard Experience

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

23
[WOLFG]
Members
80 posts
7,632 battles

Good video, very entertaining, made me sub.

What's your Vanguard build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,927
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,655 battles

That was a lot of fun. Subed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
553 posts
10,699 battles

I was actually thinking of getting this ship considering i don't have any British ships above tier VII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
1,057 battles
20 hours ago, Godeg said:

Good video, very entertaining, made me sub.

What's your Vanguard build?

Since this is a relatively fresh account I don't actually have much, just a 15 point capt. But this is how I would build it:
https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PBSB508&modules=1111&upgrades=114320&commander=PCW001&skills=14696785&ar=100&flags=2497&consumables=11&pos=0

Some questionable choices, but Vanguard really doesn't need many captain points to do well. It's mainly just the Slot 4 Steering Gears that for me made the world of difference, as it cuts down Vanguard's rudder to 7.8s.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
96 posts
83 battles
1 hour ago, KAG_DubFarmerNo_69 said:

Since this is a relatively fresh account I don't actually have much, just a 15 point capt. But this is how I would build it:
https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PBSB508&modules=1111&upgrades=114320&commander=PCW001&skills=14696785&ar=100&flags=2497&consumables=11&pos=0

Some questionable choices, but Vanguard really doesn't need many captain points to do well. It's mainly just the Slot 4 Steering Gears that for me made the world of difference, as it cuts down Vanguard's rudder to 7.8s.

It will not face the supership. Excellent video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,296
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,154 posts
30,906 battles

I recognize the ship for being unbelievably easy to delete.  The Citadel is the size of North America.  Her Citadel is so large and exposed that Roma looks safe compared to her.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
1,057 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I recognize the ship for being unbelievably easy to delete.  The Citadel is the size of North America.  Her Citadel is so large and exposed that Roma looks safe compared to her.

Not that bad actually.

The citadel is only slightly above the waterline, and many times I have been caught broadside and have had not been citadelled at all. 

In actuality, because the rudder of the ship turns on a dime, the citadel belt actually proves to be an advantage as it allows you to angle shots. The amour belt and citadel belt is quite useful for bouncing 460's that would otherwise straight overmatch any part of your ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,296
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,154 posts
30,906 battles
2 hours ago, KAG_DubFarmerNo_69 said:

The amour belt and citadel belt is quite useful for bouncing 460's that would otherwise straight overmatch any part of your ship.

You can do that with any Battleship's belt as they all have belts that are in triple digits of millimeters.  They're not Cruiser belt armor.

 

Another extra bit of spice with Vanguard?  Her trash gun angles to invite showing off more broadside to get her **** pushed in.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
59 posts
1,057 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You can do that with any Battleship's belt as they all have belts that are in triple digits of millimeters.  They're not Cruiser belt armor.

 

Another extra bit of spice with Vanguard?  Her trash gun angles to invite showing off more broadside to get her **** pushed in.

If you're:

-Getting citadelled from your general range of engagement,

-Getting citadelled to use all your guns

ON a 7.8s rudder shift, I don't really know what to tell you. Vanguard's rudder on a time basis alone turns better than a Worcester, and is easily enough to compensate for her poor gun angles and (slightly) elevated citadel.

And when I say angling, Vanguard's belt is like, big. As in, it covers 2/3 of the horizontal midsection of the ship. While a lot of battleships are better than that, for a RN/FR BB that is usually smashed by 460mm overmatch regardless of player skill, it makes it look far better than something like French BBs, which get molested because they lack anything other than 32mm extremities due to their TDS being also 32mm.

For a supposedly exceedingly poor BB at T8, I'm performing far better on her than any other BB I've ever played, averaging over 100k on a gimped 14 point captain in predominantly T10 games. Its a very consistent ship and its citadela nd gun angle weakness if you know how to play around them aren't as accentuated as people put them out to be.

Edited by KAG_DubFarmerNo_69
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×