You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DamnTheseVoices

Ship wake composed of white overlapping rectangular tiles after 11.3

15 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

No changes to graphic settings or driver.  I do have current updated ver of Modstation with some non graphic related choices, BUT DID NOT USE Modstation and launched the game vanilla with NO MODS loaded for these pics.  One day its normal then the next after the update it looks like this on unchanged Max settings. Tried all combinations of settings and it remains like this.  Max settings on left and right  photo shows low/lower settings.  Before the update and after the update same drivers and card.  GTX 1080 Ti  v. 472.12

Any ideas?  Do these graphic changes for 11.3 requite a minimum Nvidia driver ver?  I didn't not see anything specified so assume not so putting it our there since I rather not switch drivers.

Thanks for any input.

wow wake issue.jpg

Edited by DamnTheseVoices

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,714 posts
26,569 battles

Texture problem. Run the repair function from the launcher.

• Thanks 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
28 minutes ago, DamnTheseVoices said:

No changes to graphic settings or driver.  I do have current updated ver of Modstation with some non graphic related choices, BUT DID NOT USE Modstation and launched the game vanilla with NO MODS loaded for these pics.  One day its normal then the next after the update it looks like this on unchanged Max settings. Tried all combinations of settings and it remains like this.  Max settings on left and right  photo shows low/lower settings.  Before the update and after the update same drivers and card.  GTX 1080 Ti  v. 472.12

Any ideas?  Do these graphic changes for 11.3 requite a minimum Nvidia driver ver?  I didn't not see anything specified so assume not so putting it our there since I rather not switch drivers.

Thanks for any input.

wow wake issue.jpg

Had the same today, so you're not alone :Smile_Default: Many thanks to  @Lert, will give his suggestion a go tomorrow and put result in thread if it works! 

Members
3 posts
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

Texture problem. Run the repair function from the launcher.

Unfortunately it did not work when I used the Steam "verify Game Integrity" that is used to verify/repair files.  Steam verified all files successfully.  I have no other launcher since this is a Steam purchased game. I may just reinstall and see if that does anything.  Ty for the suggestion, much appreciated.

Edited by DamnTheseVoices

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

I have the launcher, but running the repair didn't work for me either. As I don't look at my ship much (except at the start of the match), I don't think I'll re-install - I'll just wait for it to sort itself out. :Smile_honoring:

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
3 posts
16,452 battles

I tried fixing it through the launcher, went back into game, nothing fixed.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no fix.  Back in game, uploaded a screenshot, still looks like some messed up anime mod.  Trying to run the integrity scan again in the launcher, not much hope. LOL  Perhaps WeeGee will hot patch or maybe consider some sort of a fix, at some point.

shot-22_04.22_17_38.08-0829.thumb.jpg.0fe46938ab73cf6a222e41faf70fb1c9.jpg

[-SV-]
Members
98 posts
On 4/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, DamnTheseVoices said:

Thanks for any input.

wow wake issue.jpg

I had encountered this problem yesterday.

I tried setting adjustments, video card driver update, and fix/repair - none of this worked.

so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled today and IT WORKED - problem solved!!!

Members
1 post
7,336 battles

But did you re-install the mod station? I think the mod with ship direction lights is the problem. I run test game with no problems on the same computer but there is no mod station involved. Really don't want to re-install if there is another way. Also like the mods too much to be without them.

Members
18 posts
3,541 battles
On 5/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, Electrophorus said:

But did you re-install the mod station? I think the mod with ship direction lights is the problem. I run test game with no problems on the same computer but there is no mod station involved. Really don't want to re-install if there is another way. Also like the mods too much to be without them.

I have the same issue but didnt fix it. Mod station isnt the issue because my other computer works with mods and I dont have this issue. Really weir and annoying!

[CVA16]
Members
8,869 posts
27,039 battles
On 5/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, Electrophorus said:

Also like the mods too much to be without them.

Same. If I have to choose between screwy graphics and the mods, I'll go with the mods.

I did turn off the torpedo wake mod as some have suggested and it did not fix the issue. For me the issue just started with the new patch. Looks like some have been putting up with this for a while.

Edit: After restarting the computer after disabling the torpedo track mod, the wakes have returned to normal.  Restarting the game thru mod-station after unchecking that mod alone did not fix the issue.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
18 posts
3,541 battles
33 minutes ago, ScruffyNut said:

I have the same issue but didnt fix it. Mod station isnt the issue because my other computer works with mods and I dont have this issue. Really weir and annoying!

On 4/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, AngusMacOg said:

I tried fixing it through the launcher, went back into game, nothing fixed.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no fix.  Back in game, uploaded a screenshot, still looks like some messed up anime mod.  Trying to run the integrity scan again in the launcher, not much hope. LOL  Perhaps WeeGee will hot patch or maybe consider some sort of a fix, at some point.

shot-22_04.22_17_38.08-0829.thumb.jpg.0fe46938ab73cf6a222e41faf70fb1c9.jpg

On 4/22/2022 at 5:51 AM, _WaveRider_ said:

I have the launcher, but running the repair didn't work for me either. As I don't look at my ship much (except at the start of the match), I don't think I'll re-install - I'll just wait for it to sort itself out. :Smile_honoring:

On 4/21/2022 at 7:38 PM, DamnTheseVoices said:

OK, steam repair didn't work but reinstall did fix the issue. 

On 4/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, DamnTheseVoices said:

Unfortunately it did not work when I used the Steam "verify Game Integrity" that is used to verify/repair files.  Steam verified all files successfully.  I have no other launcher since this is a Steam purchased game. I may just reinstall and see if that does anything.  Ty for the suggestion, much appreciated.

On 4/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, DamnTheseVoices said:

Thanks for any input.

wow wake issue.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Same. If I have to choose between screwy graphics and the mods, I'll go with the mods.

I did turn off the torpedo wake mod as some have suggested and it did not fix the issue. For me the issue just started with the new patch. Looks like some have been putting up with this for a while.

Someone from another thread pointed out a fix. Disable the Torpedo wake mod in Mod Station and it fixed it for me. Thank you @ Padres_Porch

Edited by ScruffyNut
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts

@ScruffyNut just got in from work, so yet to try it out - but really appreciate the follow-up and possible solution.

Thank you. :Smile_honoring:

Yep, all good now thank you. :Smile_medal:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
3 posts
16,452 battles

@ScruffyNut Thanks for the tip on disabling the torpedo wake mod, which wasn't really a necessary for me but more of a quality of life.  I just jumped into game, after disabling it, and played a quick coop to test it.  I am good again! 

image.png