Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xiao_Meimei

Any Reason to Access New Lines in 2022?

29 comments in this topic

Members
96 posts
83 battles

Given that all Supership overpowers all Tech Tree Vanilla Ships - is there any reason to participate in new line events for Italian DD, French cruiser, British battlecruiser, etc.?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

Members
2,769 posts

Sure, just decide to stop at Tier 8 gameplay, which will keep you out of the line of fire of Tier 11 guns.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
14 minutes ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

Given that all Supership overpowers all Tech Tree Vanilla Ships

Which they don't.

14 minutes ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

is there any reason to participate in new line events for Italian DD, French cruiser, British battlecruiser, etc.?

You can't get the supership for a particular line (and they will all eventually get one) until you unlock T10 for that line.

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,920 battles

It’s common for the T10 of new lines to be really popular. Sometimes they are favored in competitive gameplay. 

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

I certainly won't be grinding anything past T8...and T9 used to be my favorite grinding tier...If I get any new T10s it will probably be with FXP...and then get parked/unused...

[-HUGS]
Members
978 posts
13,215 battles

It depends how you play this game I guess.

If you play exclusively random battles, and would exclusively play T10 to always remain top tier in the most powerful ships then T11 is definitely the new T10 for you, and I can see how grinding through a line that doesn't offer a T11 is not interesting right now.

But otherwise... T11 are always going to be restricted from participation in some events. Even in the upcoming clan battles, there will be a max of 2 super ships per team, the rest will be T10.
Normally, competitive  players try to get at least a few good ships for every tier, so that they can participate in everything. So that would be the reason to grind through more lines, even if they never get a T11. But it is safe to assume that a lot more T11s will be coming our way in the future, and the new lines might get one, eventually.

Edited by Mr_Argamas

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,704 battles
4 hours ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

Given that all Supership overpowers all Tech Tree Vanilla Ships - is there any reason to participate in new line events for Italian DD, French cruiser, British battlecruiser, etc.?

Because you want the super ships that follow. For the snowflakes. For the fun. 

If you are only interested in playing the most powerful ship, or only the top tier you have missed a lot of the fun in this game. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

Members
991 posts
7,926 battles

Remember, every time you hit a ship of a higher tier you get extra points. And it's based on the percentage of hit points you take out of a ship. For example, the Massachusetts can really rake in the dough when it's secondaries start chewing up a Tier 10 destroyer.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,507 posts
10,225 battles
6 hours ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

Variety? Fun? Trying something different? Challenging yourself to new experiences?

Most important of all, early access give you the chance to grind out the ships with high tier captains without paying retraining.

[AN2AC]
Members
393 posts
12,334 battles
3 hours ago, GoldDust2015 said:

Remember, every time you hit a ship of a higher tier you get extra points. And it's based on the percentage of hit points you take out of a ship. For example, the Massachusetts can really rake in the dough when it's secondaries start chewing up a Tier 10 destroyer.

All well and good but everyone on the other teams seems to focus on lower tier ships first, esp the CV's and cruisers.  Not to mention the superships firing from 26km away ....  truly fun.

Members
96 posts
83 battles
19 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Sure, just decide to stop at Tier 8 gameplay, which will keep you out of the line of fire of Tier 11 guns.

Yes, good idea

[EDEG]
Members
514 posts
14,780 battles
23 hours ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

Well, yeah. If you enjoy playing the line. That's the point, isn't it? Having fun?

I've ground out most of the lines by now, but I haven't touched most carrier lines, the US slow BBs, German heavy DDs, and either PA line (the cruisers are borderline interesting, but smoke campers with no hydro? C'mon). In retrospect I would've avoided the Italian BBs too.

Play what you enjoy. Otherwise you're just ticking boxes.

• Cool 1

Members
1,173 posts
7,870 battles
On 4/21/2022 at 6:17 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can't get the supership for a particular line (and they will all eventually get one) until you unlock T10 for that line.

I’m ready for the super Kleber 

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
49 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I’m ready for the super Kleber 

:Smile_ohmy::fish_viking:

Oh Mah Freaking Gawd, that thing is going to be sick.

Members
96 posts
83 battles
On 4/23/2022 at 2:04 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:Smile_ohmy::fish_viking:

Oh Mah Freaking Gawd, that thing is going to be sick.

This thing is going to kill game! Hahahaa

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,929 posts
8,973 battles
On 4/21/2022 at 10:32 PM, Xiao_Meimei said:

Superships aren't unstoppable behemoths. It's like playing a Tier IX in a Tier X game. Continue to punch above your weight and you'll do fine. 

Superships are also a credit sink, so when the novelty wears off a bit, and people see their credit balances falling, they'll become rarer. 

But ignoring superships the only line that interests me is the brit battlecruisers. I already have too many other lines mid grind to worry about nations I have little interest in playing. 

• Cool 1

Members
96 posts
83 battles
48 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

Superships aren't unstoppable behemoths. It's like playing a Tier IX in a Tier X game. Continue to punch above your weight and you'll do fine. 

Conde, Satsuma, Hannover, Zorkiy, Annapolis, and Edgar completely outclass the Tier 10 equivalents; in a way that I cannot agree. It is simply pay-to-win.

Superships are also a credit sink, so when the novelty wears off a bit, and people see their credit balances falling, they'll become rarer. 

Actually, credit-earning in Superships is much easier for a 55% or better player. You always win in them; especially in divisions. They are simply unstoppable in the right hands against 80% of other teams. Add bonuses and there is no "credit sink" for an above-average player. As for purchasing them in the first place - since Henri IV, Des Moines, and others are useless in comparision; just sell those Tier 10s to purchase your first one. Then play it enough to earn the second... and so on.

But ignoring superships the only line that interests me is the brit battlecruisers. I already have too many other lines mid grind to worry about nations I have little interest in playing. 

I don't see the usefulness of this line with Super CVs and Superships at Tiers 9-10. Tiers 6-8 are interesting, yes.

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,062 battles

And there is always a matching set of super ships on the other side. You can kill them with regular tech tree ships you just have to out position them and learn their strengths and weaknesses. 

Well, since there are a equal set of SS on the other side then there is not win or loss its a given. 

And to the original question, should you? Yes.

Members
96 posts
83 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

And there is always a matching set of super ships on the other side. You can kill them with regular tech tree ships you just have to out position them and learn their strengths and weaknesses. 

Well, since there are a equal set of SS on the other side then there is not win or loss its a given. 

And to the original question, should you? Yes.

If they are competent, then you cannot kill them easily with regular tree ships and most premiums. The super battleships have very high tank and damage output. The cruisers have extreme damage output, spaced armor, and other features. The Zorkiy outclasses most gunboat dds; and the Yamagiri's gimmick combined with concealment makes it a threat to any regular dd in Tiers 8-10 with the exceptions Smaland, Ragnar, and Kleber.

Then there are the Super CVs. A competent Super CV can completely control an entire game and deal 200,000+ damage when well-supported.

Add the Submarines which reduce overall HP and damage numbers in games. A submarine in a division played by a competent captain is extremely hard to counter.

The thing that makes Submarines and Superships "balanced" is that so many competent people are leaving the game; so they have little effect when played by very poor players. (Plain bad, as WG says)

Members
96 posts
83 battles
6 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Only superships that I shake my head with is ... Super CVs.

Apparently you haven't really played Conde, Edgar, Zorkiy, Satsuma, Hannover, or Annapolis?

[KAG2]
Members
2,248 posts
37,062 battles
1 minute ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

If they are competent, then you cannot kill them easily with regular tree ships and most premiums. The super battleships have very high tank and damage output. The cruisers have extreme damage output, spaced armor, and other features. The Zorkiy outclasses most gunboat dds; and the Yamagiri's gimmick combined with concealment makes it a threat to any regular dd in Tiers 8-10 with the exceptions Smaland, Ragnar, and Kleber.

Then there are the Super CVs. A competent Super CV can completely control an entire game and deal 200,000+ damage when well-supported.

Add the Submarines which reduce overall HP and damage numbers in games. A submarine in a division played by a competent captain is extremely hard to counter.

The thing that makes Submarines and Superships "balanced" is that so many competent people are leaving the game; so they have little effect when played by very poor players. (Plain bad, as WG says)

Same can be said with regular ships.

Out of all the Super ship the BBs are the easiest to kill, then the cruiser. DD are really a big deal unless you get out of position. I fight them all the time with DD you don't mention in your list, and I can hold my own. You got to be smart, they are very strong use but not steam roller that are OP, the Annapolis probably the only one bordering on OP IMO

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
1 hour ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

It is simply pay-to-win.

You ARE aware that these ships are free to earn and play, right?

Members
96 posts
83 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You ARE aware that these ships are free to earn and play, right?

Aim is to make impatient people buy credit packages to use them quickly.

Also, many people do not have the entire line unlocked. Because they are so overpowered at the moment, people will pay for the quick advantage.

Members
96 posts
83 battles
8 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Same can be said with regular ships.

Out of all the Super ship the BBs are the easiest to kill, then the cruiser. DD are really a big deal unless you get out of position. I fight them all the time with DD you don't mention in your list, and I can hold my own. You got to be smart, they are very strong use but not steam roller that are OP, the Annapolis probably the only one bordering on OP IMO

Have you ever played these ships? Especially Conde...?

Sign in to follow this