Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
megahugenoob

Queue Dumps are awesome!

29 comments in this topic

[CAAT]
Members
6,312 posts
8,036 battles

tbh, 3v3 COULD be fun, buuuut.....United States vs Musashi AA lols, so no. No fun, zero fun, all the not fun.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,350 posts
3,038 battles

WG need to implement a max queue time on the random battle queue... it would solve 98% of these situations.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, megahugenoob said:

image.thumb.png.556a696dacb971a02c63963744f41d68.png

Wanna guess how much fun this match was?

Looks like you won and did amazingly well XP-wise to boot so my guess would be "a lot." Back before bots were added to fill out random teams, I used to play low tiers late at night in the middle of the week in hopes of getting a 1v1 or 2v2 match as a fun change of pace.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,276 battles
2 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

I am in this picture and I am not sure how to feel about it.

I tried to give the OP fighter cover as best I could but for some asinine reason WG made it so that the super CVs fighter squadrons only have a 20 second duration when placed, making them functionally worthless even as a deterrent. So somehow even worse than normal placed fighters.

• Cool 2

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,276 battles
2 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

WG need to implement a max queue time on the random battle queue... it would solve 98% of these situations.

Why do you think the queue dump happened? If a match isn't made within a certain time limit in randoms, the match maker will brute force a match together.

I had a queue dump the other day that was a US, Schlieffen and Seattle against a US, Slava and Pommern.

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,350 posts
3,038 battles
22 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Why do you think the queue dump happened? If a match isn't made within a certain time limit in randoms, the match maker will brute force a match together.

I had a queue dump the other day that was a US, Schlieffen and Seattle against a US, Slava and Pommern.

I know exactly what it happened. It happened because one or more of those people waiting in queue for a long time until it just decided to grab everyone in the queue and make a battle. If WG would implement a max time in queue, where upon reaching the time limit the queue kicks you back to your port so you can queue again it would solve most of these problems.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
4,015 posts
27,921 battles

Yea, they really need to do away with those dumps and just wait for full teams.

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,063 battles
2 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

tbh, 3v3 COULD be fun, buuuut.....United States vs Musashi AA lols, so no. No fun, zero fun, all the not fun.

The order is messed, but it's actually Mushi vs. G.Verdi (and other ships match)

• Cool 1

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,063 battles

I guess it was quite fun, except for the part that you had 0 AA haha

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
918 posts
10,804 battles
52 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I am in this picture and I am not sure how to feel about it.

I tried to give the OP fighter cover as best I could but for some asinine reason WG made it so that the super CVs fighter squadrons only have a 20 second duration when placed, making them functionally worthless even as a deterrent. So somehow even worse than normal placed fighters.

You did great. I have 0 complaints about you at all. You even warned me that they only last 20 seconds. I was laughing because of how awful the game experience was for everyone non Cv to get perma focused by a CV. Especially at T9 in a non AA ship. No ill meant toward you bud.

[ERK]
Members
960 posts
15,027 battles

Well at least you had a [sorta] proper brawl scenario unlike the recent 9v9...

Edited by Superczar

[5D]
Members
918 posts
10,804 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Looks like you won and did amazingly well XP-wise to boot so my guess would be "a lot." Back before bots were added to fill out random teams, I used to play low tiers late at night in the middle of the week in hopes of getting a 1v1 or 2v2 match as a fun change of pace.

Yeah I played a solid game. Had a good team playing CV and an excellent Annapolis. I personally didn't enjoy the match much as a musashi because I am basically fodder with no AA, bottom tier going up against a supership CV.

[5D]
Members
918 posts
10,804 battles
3 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

image.png.fad5d41b09867946da84399327cd1589.png

^^ Musashi ^^

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,312 posts
8,036 battles
Just now, megahugenoob said:

image.png.fad5d41b09867946da84399327cd1589.png

^^ Musashi ^^

Basically.

download.jpg.bacfea3c0569a21d81c285e77b27b3e4.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,105 posts
17,255 battles

Playing a Musashi against a competent CV can really suck. Then again, so can queuing up in a tier VII-IX battleship against a Musashi…

Edited by Nevermore135

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,276 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The enemy BB and Annapolis ended up focusing on me as soon as they were in gun range since, you know, the US is a giant target with basically no armor. Arguably the wrong move for them though given it gave our teams surface ships time to pick them off.

I also gave our ANnapolis advice what to use to shoot the US since I took time to actually look at the things armor profile when I got it. 38mm flight deck might ricochet AP shells but it's thin enough that most heavy cruiser caliber HE or larger will pen it.

Members
96 posts
83 battles

You have to love how they are not addressing queue dumps. We hate them. They ruin our gaming sessions. Another reason to no longer pay for anything in this game.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

Any reason why bots couldnt be used? During the times of day where the most players are on, bots probably wont show up, but during the off times, it might be better for those players who log on or can only play during certain time periods. 

Members
96 posts
83 battles
38 minutes ago, JSFWRX85 said:

Any reason why bots couldnt be used? During the times of day where the most players are on, bots probably wont show up, but during the off times, it might be better for those players who log on or can only play during certain time periods. 

Part of the enjoyment of the game is facing other human beings. The addition of bots shows that the game is dying; similar to World of Warplanes.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles
1 hour ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

Part of the enjoyment of the game is facing other human beings. The addition of bots shows that the game is dying; similar to World of Warplanes.

im just thinking of the off peak hours just to give full games. If the players are there, there wont be bots. Rather than do less than full lobbies, just fill up the empty slots with bots. Simply to produce full games. Id rather face some bots, then getting stuck in a game with 4 players each side. 

[5D]
Members
918 posts
10,804 battles
23 minutes ago, JSFWRX85 said:

im just thinking of the off peak hours just to give full games. If the players are there, there wont be bots. Rather than do less than full lobbies, just fill up the empty slots with bots. Simply to produce full games. Id rather face some bots, then getting stuck in a game with 4 players each side. 

2 hours ago, Xiao_Meimei said:

2 hours ago, JSFWRX85 said:

The game was queued up at roughly 5 PM PST.  I am guessing the problem has something to do with the # of people queued up with super ships and CV's.   5 PM should be pretty much peak hours for the west coast.  I get this if its at 3 AM, but this is just odd.

Edited by megahugenoob

Sign in to follow this