You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Astto

Better anti cheat support

17 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts
7,126 battles

I am not here to debate that this is happening, it is happening. Your game is being ruined by people who download Russian cheat packs. The cheating is so bad in game now that it doesn't matter what you do anymore. Even when you call people out nothing happens because it's happening so damn much now that the people you complain to are probably doing it too.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

I can't really get all that worked up about "cheating" in a free-to-play game where the only bragging rights are one's statistics.

Now, if you want to talk about real cheating then play online scrabble where the computer uses, and considers "official," a dictionary that contains thousands of foreign archaic and slang words that most commonly-used dictionaries no longer include and that most Americans have never even heard of.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
50 minutes ago, Astto said:

I am not here to debate that this is happening, it is happening. Your game is being ruined by people who download Russian cheat packs. The cheating is so bad in game now that it doesn't matter what you do anymore. Even when you call people out nothing happens because it's happening so damn much now that the people you complain to are probably doing it too.

Knowing how the system works... Cheating in WOWS is very hard to do and it doesn't guarantee a win/results... 

From a POV of statistics... The numbers do not support your accusation...

Must of the advertisement for these "programs" (which probably are worms or virus for your system, selling to the gullible)... Feature low tier action... Which means, they probably were caught since no high tier video advertisement exist...

WOWS do take cheating very seriously... Due to privacy clause in your TOS/EULA... You dont know the extent of the enforcement..

In other words, in your head... Someone is going to dedicated say 50 hours of creating a cheat code (that is detectable) just for minimal results ???

I dont see it as a "wise spread" event as you think it is in context...

Edited by Navalpride33

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

Cheating doesn't get you very far in this game, if it is even happening with any regularity.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles
4 hours ago, Astto said:

I have played many a game when after a while, the cheats were indeed rampant and obvious.

I have been playing this game since Open Beta.  I have some complaints with WG on how the game has 'evolved', but I cannot say I have ever seen anything that seriously made me think a cheat was involved.  Bot accounts, maybe, but no cheats with any significant advantage (the old "aim prediction" cheats were well documented, but even in their heyday were more of a handicap to player evolution than an asset).

Until I see it firsthand, I call Bravo Sierra.

Edited by desmo_2

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,459 battles

It's that time of the year.

First, everything is done server side.

Way, way back in the day WG found a couple lines of code that was for Alpha testing and a hack was floating around to take advantage of that.

In the last 5 years, there is no hack.

Just better players that know how to aim, or dodge better than you.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,389 posts
29,459 battles
6 hours ago, Astto said:

Ot would be so nice if you had video evidence to support your claim....

But of course there are none.

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
33 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It's that time of the year.

First, everything is done server side.

Way, way back in the day WG found a couple lines of code that was for Alpha testing and a hack was floating around to take advantage of that.

In the last 5 years, there is no hack.

Just better players that know how to aim, or dodge better than you.

your talking about the see through islands? yeah they fixed that real fast.

OP - These days its just some people play so well it seems like cheating..... or just blame it on RNG, that works too.

Edited by Retarie

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,389 posts
29,459 battles
13 hours ago, Retarie said:

your talking about the see through islands? yeah they fixed that real fast.

OP - These days its just some people play so well it seems like cheating..... or just blame it on RNG, that works too.

No, not see through islands...

There was an aiming assist guide built into the target reticle during alpha testing.

They didn't remove the code when it went live and you could buy an "Aimbot" that utilized that code.

Within a week of the YouTube videos showing the hack it was fixed...

Only known hack in warships.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles
5 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

No, not see through islands...

There was an aiming assist guide built into the target reticle during alpha testing.

They didn't remove the code when it went live and you could buy an "Aimbot" that utilized that code.

Within a week of the YouTube videos showing the hack it was fixed...

Only known hack in warships.

There was one where it showed where shots and torps aimed at you would land (Someone posted a video of it once).  I don't know if that one is still active.

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
18 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

There was one where it showed where shots and torps aimed at you would land (Someone posted a video of it once).  I don't know if that one is still active.

yep I sorta remember it, was a long time ago. also one that super imposed the citadel locations on the ships.

OP - To put it simply, Some games will send your computer ALL of the game information and then the software will choose what to display on your monitor.. this allows for 3rd party programs to take advantage and show you things that you aren't supposed to see, another words, it allows you to cheat. (this is not called a Hack)

WoWs started off this way, BUT They changed it many years ago, Now they Only send your computer the information that it needs at that precise moment. Thus eliminating the 3rd party programs that allow you to cheat. (no longer possible to cheat in this way)

So yeah, you don't really have to worry about people cheating in this game anymore.

Edited by Retarie

Members
34 posts
7,126 battles

Like I said, not here to debate if something is happening or not. It's happening. The Russian's make the cheat packs. They charge a subscription for them, I'd link the website but they'd probably ban me for doing it. Every time a patch comes out it breaks the cheat pack and you have to wait for their update for it to work again. And judging by the comments, there's a lot of people who have no idea it's going on. The cheat pack even puts high vis line markers on the water so you can dodge incoming fire, another is it puts really long lines out the front of torpedoes to increase their visibility too, the worst part of it is the aim assist feature. It makes no difference how you sail your boat, every shot they fire at you is on mid ship.

Edited by Astto
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
12 minutes ago, Astto said:

And judging by the comments, there's a lot of people who have no idea it's going on.

My guy... WG legal dept. knows... We have an idea... We informed you on how things work...

WG's years of Statistics do not support your claim...

Try to come to terms with what was presented in this thread... Its only to inform you... ITs up to you to take in the information or continue with your unproven claims...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Members
2,100 posts
57 minutes ago, Astto said:

The cheat pack even puts high vis line markers on the water so you can dodge incoming fire, another is it puts really long lines out the front of torpedoes to increase their visibility too, the worst part of it is the aim assist feature. It makes no difference how you sail your boat, every shot they fire at you is on mid ship.

do these lines show up on the mini map only? also are you talking about the force field you may be seeing surrounding an enemy ship that deflects your shells? if you have not been keeping up with the news the subs do some of the things your talking about ...like the computer guided munitions with ping ...that comes from russia  

Edited by arch4random
no reason

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles
8 hours ago, Astto said:

Like I said, not here to debate if something is happening or not. It's happening. The Russian's make the cheat packs. They charge a subscription for them, I'd link the website but they'd probably ban me for doing it. Every time a patch comes out it breaks the cheat pack and you have to wait for their update for it to work again. And judging by the comments, there's a lot of people who have no idea it's going on. The cheat pack even puts high vis line markers on the water so you can dodge incoming fire, another is it puts really long lines out the front of torpedoes to increase their visibility too, the worst part of it is the aim assist feature. It makes no difference how you sail your boat, every shot they fire at you is on mid ship.

Not here to debate either.  You are just yelling at clouds.

• Cool 1

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
On 4/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, Astto said:

I remember WOWS used to offer a monetary reward for software that allows cheating. It wasn't pocket change either.

I have no idea if they still do, but maybe message one of the CM's and ask em.