You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Slayer

New AL Waifus inbound.....

81 comments in this topic

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles

just when you thought you were safe from screaming japanese women.......

May be an illustration

Captains! Azur Lane is coming back to World of Warships! What can you look forward to? 6 new Commanders, 3 new skins, and 2 new Premium Ships with skins.
More details coming soon!

I wonder....... AL New Jersey ship? or AL Bismarck? AL Monarch?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,927 posts
23,637 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

just when you thought you were safe from screaming japanese women.......

May be an illustration

I wonder....... AL New Jersey ship? or AL Bismarck? AL Monarch?

Why not all? :Smile_playing:

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles
Just now, Volron said:

Why not all? :Smile_playing:

depends

What are the 3 new skins? are they perm?

Which 2 premium ships will they be?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
2,551 posts
20,974 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

depends

What are the 3 new skins? are they perm?

Which 2 premium ships will they be?

I thought this was pretty clear as to what is what,

image.thumb.png.4b492e9b0affe4f6f98e44003d0be8ac.png

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles
1 minute ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

I thought this was pretty clear as to what is what,

because I missed the news article and saw the post on FB.

and now that I read the post.....I am slightly disappointed.

[WK]
1,927 posts
23,637 battles

Azur Lane

As part of the next stage of our collaboration with Azur Lane, World of Warships will see the addition of:

• Ships flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eIII AL Aurora and flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eIX AL Azuma.
  • The following special permanent camouflages: Azur Lane: New Jersey for flag_USA_dd9fc06d19a8638f4077ab2fe200d22standard_1468cf2ed1dc129ec4db4d9d18306bdIX Iowa, Azur Lane: Formidable for flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820premium_4516ee494bb0396e51796cebff5e45c3VIII Indomitable, and Azur Lane for flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcstandard_9f372d47b4fa5b5bbd79a3aaac816cbVIII Shōkaku.
  • Commanders Bismarck, Zara, Chapayev, Saint-Louis, Formidable, and New Jersey.
  • The Azur Lane — Aurora and Azur Lane — Azuma commemorative flags.

If I'm reading this correctly, Iowa, Indomitable and Shokaku will be getting perm camo's.  Only Aurora and Azuma will get AL "Clone Ships".

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles

WG missed out.... think how many people would have gone for an AL New Jersey.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,161 posts
30,915 battles
12 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

That would have been a money maker for WG, even without the O.G. Credit Bonus mission for the old Missouri owners.  Missed opportunity by WG.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-PVE-]
Members
491 posts
15,886 battles
27 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

May be an illustration

Number 5 kinda sticks out :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3
  • Haha 3

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles
30 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

image.thumb.png.4b492e9b0affe4f6f98e44003d0be8ac.png

....Are we gonna get AL Aurora for free? Tier III wouldn't sell for much, riiiight? So maybe there's gonna be some missions to award the ship. Azuma will be for sale obvi(Tier IX premium price or similar). 3 camos, probably 5k doubloons each, so 15k doubloons...and then the commanders, there's 6 new ones, so that's probably like...1500 doubloons each? Probably 10k doubloons or something for all 6.

So probably roughly around 50k doubloons for the entire bundle. Probably a BIT less.

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,350 posts
3,035 battles

Man An AL New Jersey premium would have made so much money for WG... what an odd decision to use Aurora or Azuma...

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles
14 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

Number 5 kinda sticks out

The AL shipgirls  almost all seem to have a habit of being... ah... GIFTED in that department.  The one exception I have seen is Yukikaze.

35 minutes ago, Volron said:

If I'm reading this correctly, Iowa, Indomitable and Shokaku will be getting perm camo's.  Only Aurora and Azuma will get AL "Clone Ships".

That's how I'm reading it too. Unfortunately for their cash registers, I already have earned-free-in-game permas for both Shokaku and Iowa, and Indomitable already has one as a premium. Plus if I really wanted an Azuma, I could have one for free right this minute.

[MHG]
Members
99 posts
18 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

and then the commanders, there's 6 new ones, so that's probably like...1500 doubloons each? Probably 10k doubloons or something for all 6.

So far, all the monetized Azur Lane commanders have been exclusive to containers, with the last collaboration event simply adding the new commanders to the loot pool for the containers, so I wouldn't bet on spending as little as 10K doubloons on getting all the new ones

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,161 posts
30,915 battles
22 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Man An AL New Jersey premium would have made so much money for WG... what an odd decision to use Aurora or Azuma...

Especially since the captains for them are old, they were already done a long time ago.

Members
195 posts
5,380 battles
34 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

Number 5 kinda sticks out :Smile_hiding:

Bewbies!!!

Seriously though, it makes me rethink using the National+ voiceovers...if these become ubiquitous, I'll definitely switch to National.

[WK]
1,927 posts
23,637 battles

I sure hope it isn't tied to tainers.  That would not be cool.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
2,005 posts
10,560 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Heck, I'm happy enough getting her as a captain. I started playing AL a few months ago and deeply regret not starting when she was available, she's pretty well OP and I don't have anything that can match her.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That would have been a money maker for WG, even without the O.G. Credit Bonus mission for the old Missouri owners.  Missed opportunity by WG.

I imagine the ship would sell well even if it was an Iowa clone.

1 hour ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

....Are we gonna get AL Aurora for free? Tier III wouldn't sell for much, riiiight? So maybe there's gonna be some missions to award the ship.

I was wondering the same thing. The choice to use a tier III ship is extremely odd.

53 minutes ago, Fatalimpulse said:

So far, all the monetized Azur Lane commanders have been exclusive to containers, with the last collaboration event simply adding the new commanders to the loot pool for the containers, so I wouldn't bet on spending as little as 10K doubloons on getting all the new ones

This is not true. The last collaboration had several bundles available, including one for each of the three stages of the collaboration that contained only the appropriate AL content. Now, I wouldn’t expect WG to go back to offering the commanders for sale individually (imagine actually giving your customers what they want :Smile_sceptic:), but for those only interested in acquiring the new content (if they already have all or enough of the previous content) there will almost certainly be a way to do so.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[-H-]
Beta Testers
250 posts
23,463 battles

What? No Montpelier again?!!! If that's the case why doesn't WeeGee bring out a premium tier 8 American CL instead of another heavy or Atlanta clone? Not at all amused.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

What? No Montpelier again?!!! If that's the case why doesn't WeeGee bring out a premium tier 8 American CL instead of another heavy or Atlanta clone? Not at all amused.

Montpellier was offered during the last (3rd) collab, despite being released in the 2nd, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the ship is available again.

For those interested, here is the page for the last collab:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/azur-lane-third-wave/

• Cool 1

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
3,004 posts
13,225 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

You clearly have never been in a bar before. If I had a dime for every time a 23 year old girl walked into a bar I've worked at wearing almost nothing, I'd have enough money to buy out WG.

98% of the AL girls are adults and are written and admitted to be adults. The 2% that aren't have never been drawn in a perverted way. For reference, here is Unicorn, one of the characters. Intended to be under 18 and oh look, all the art literally shows her modestly covered up and her character is left unsexualized. 8 artwork variants and all of them are, *gasp*, normal clothing people under 18 would wear in an age-appropriate manor.
https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/wiki/Unicorn/Gallery#Default-0

Please don't be intellectually obtuse or insulting when 5 minutes of googling and self-analysis can confirm that NOTHING in AL is designed from the ground up to be predatory. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

Yes anime ship waifus are the best especially when they have a lot of plot :Smile_trollface: One three four and five are the best in my opinion :fish_cute_2:

[WOLF2]
671 posts

Happy about Biscuit captain but sad no Perm Camo for her ship, WG missed out on that too.

20190615_005619.jpg

bismarck_beacon_of_the_iron_blood_by_artbyrage_de8fduw-fullview-1.jpg

20210122_064511.jpg

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
6,103 posts
17,241 battles
Just now, Kuramitsu said:

Happy about Biscuit captain but sad no Perm Camo for her ship, WG missed out on that too.

To be fair, how many players already have one of the many free camos for Bismarck and would have passed on the purchase for just that reason?