You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jarod997

No more "Insert Coin" achievement?

32 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
7,908 battles

I just finished playing Raptor Rescue in my Rahmat and I finally hit Cap's boat with 2 (deepwater) torpedoes. His boat appearance changed to "damaged" (which doesn't happen when hit with any type of shell), but I didn't get the "Insert Coin" achievement. Edit: this was at the mid exit zone, not the lower or upper one.

This is because of maybe one of four things:

1. The achievement is no longer given out
  2. You have to use regular torpedoes (in which case don't show damage to Cap's ship -- bug)
  3. The achievement is bugged because I was using deepwater torpedoes
  4. The achievement is only given out when you hit him at the lower exit zone*

Regarding #4 -- I thought that originally Cap only showed up at the lower exit zone and that was the only place to get the achievement. But then recently he was showing up in the mid (I never had the chance to see if he showed up at the upper) exit zone. I assumed then that because he showed up at mid (and I'm assuming upper) that you had the opportunity to score the achievement in those two spots as well.

Anyone else?

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,851 posts
23,225 battles

@Jarod997

The achievement is a "one off", meaning if you got it before you will not get another.  As for "where"; I've gotten the achievement in "mid", and I've seen people get it on "high" and "low".

If you have not gotten the achievement before, then post the replay.  It will help them nail down the bug.

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles

I've not received this achievement before, hence the reason I've been trying to take boats with torpedoes on this operation when it's up.

Replay attached.

And, just for fun - I just snapped my Operations achievements from in-game. I'll be working on Ray next I think.

WorldOfWarships64_8MkEAJmCxX.thumb.png.852855aa1b02804f7aebfe484122d3fc.png

[WK]
1,851 posts
23,225 battles
39 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

I've not received this achievement before, hence the reason I've been trying to take boats with torpedoes on this operation when it's up.

Replay attached.

And, just for fun - I just snapped my Operations achievements from in-game. I'll be working on Ray next I think.

Yeah, that's definitely a bug.  Your DWT's clearly hit but didn't register.  Do note though, Pan-An CA line was added quite recently.  I suspect that in the achievement code, your ship simply doesn't exist.  Someone forgot some lines of coding. :Smile_hiding:Use one of the "established" gals, like Nurnberg, Aoba or Leander.  IF you fail to get the achievement then, it's a "global" bug.

@Ahskance @Boggzy  Could you look into why his DWT's from the Rahmat didn't register for his achievement?

As for Ray, I'd suggest waiting until Aegis rolls along as it's much easier to pull off there.  Not saying it is not do-able in RR, but it can be more of a gamble there than in Aegis, unless you form a team.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,320 posts
16,062 battles

Asked a question about this internally.  Will let you know what I hear back!

• Thanks 3

[WOLF7]
Members
1,362 posts
45 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

Replay attached.

Go north route on Killer Whale with Budyonny, Aoba, Graf Spee or similar, torp the two ships that spawn on the 8/9 line map edge, then head slightly west to 5/6 line map edge and you will get the Torpedoman 1st class Ray achievement easily.

• Thanks 1

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,435 posts
17,210 battles
1 hour ago, DTKGamer98 said:

Just torped him with Serov, also mid exit...no achievement here either. 

20220420_223441_PRSA106-Serov_s03_Labyrinth.wowsreplay

image.png

I’m pretty sure aircraft torps don’t count for the achievement, it has to be done with surface ship torps (DD/BB/CA)

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles
5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I’m pretty sure aircraft torps don’t count for the achievement, it has to be done with surface ship torps (DD/BB/CA)

I was wondering about that, but:

• I believe the idea was like a game you'd find at a fair, stand at the line and shoot the moving target - so why would the "gun" matter? As long as the "bullet" and the firing distance was the same?
  • If that was the case, they'd have to hard code in which individual ships would qualify for the achievement - as opposed to only monitoring the result
7 hours ago, DTKGamer98 said:

Just torped him with Serov, also mid exit...no achievement here either.

I just watched your replay - your torpedoes hit, and caused damage (all of 5), but the ships appearance didn't change to "damaged" like mine did. (I watched my replay, and in the replay it shows the damage too, so it's not a replay bug.)

[KSD]
Members
14 posts
29,149 battles
7 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

That may or may not be the case, but the achievement description on the wiki does not specify that, and I have no other way to verify that you're right if it isn't working anyway lol.image.thumb.png.f7c6cb505ad8c3dba95c75e407633505.png
Skimmed through this thread yesterday, thought I'd try it out for myself, and when it didn't work for me either I just figured a larger sample size of replays and/or scenarios couldn't hurt.

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles
2 hours ago, DTKGamer98 said:

That may or may not be the case, but the achievement description on the wiki does not specify that, and I have no other way to verify that you're right if it isn't working anyway lol.image.thumb.png.f7c6cb505ad8c3dba95c75e407633505.png
Skimmed through this thread yesterday, thought I'd try it out for myself, and when it didn't work for me either I just figured a larger sample size of replays and/or scenarios couldn't hurt.

Ironically, I updated a number of the wiki achievement descriptions just the other day based off the in-game info.

[WK]
1,851 posts
23,225 battles

@Jarod997 @DTKGamer98

Aerial torpedoes will not work to obtain this achievement.  Only ship based torpedoes will work.

It's funny, during RTS days I used to torpedo Cap's ship with my TB's at the end of the Op for kicks.  I also did it with rework CV's that had the torpedo range.  It wasn't until sometime early last year or the year before, that I became aware of this achievement; and that was when someone got it. :Smile_veryhappy:    I asked what he did and he said he torpedoed Cap's ship.  For me it was instantly obvious that I needed to use ship based torpedoes, seeing as I had been hitting Cap's ship with aerial based ones for a long time now.  I also realized that there had been numerous times I had come very close to obtaining that achievement since the Op came out.  bangheadz.gif

Also, it's a safe bet that submarines will not be able to obtain this achievement.  It would be way to easy to get it.s

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles
23 minutes ago, Volron said:

Aerial torpedoes will not work to obtain this achievement.  Only ship based torpedoes will work.

I suppose the question is then, what was the original intent? Ship torpedoes or any torpedo? And at the time it came out only a handful of ships, using regular torpedoes could score, so were those handful of ships hard-coded into the scoring system?

26 minutes ago, Volron said:

Also, it's a safe bet that submarines will not be able to obtain this achievement.  It would be way to easy to get it.s

Subs can't get in to any Operation right now - so it's a moot point. BUT if they're not careful as to how the code the fix, it may inadvertently exclude them in the future.

[WK]
1,851 posts
23,225 battles
2 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

I suppose the question is then, what was the original intent? Ship torpedoes or any torpedo? And at the time it came out only a handful of ships, using regular torpedoes could score, so were those handful of ships hard-coded into the scoring system?

Subs can't get in to any Operation right now - so it's a moot point. BUT if they're not careful as to how the code the fix, it may inadvertently exclude them in the future.

Operations are slated to allow for submarines to be used in them.  There was a post somewhere that mentioned this, but ell if I can find it right now.  A little strapped for time at the moment, so I can't go digging till later on.  There was an update where they updated the Operation maps with underwater terrain.  I think this was 4 or 5 updates ago?  Again, strapped for time at the moment and can't go digging.

As for intent, pretty sure it was for ship torpedoes.  And remember, T5's were usable when Op's first came out and more than a few then had the range.

RTS cv's would not be able to see Cap's ship easily unless you were actively looking.  I suspect most that main'd CV in Ops (at least myself anyways) wasn't even aware of it until someone mentioned it.  That's how I found about Cap's ship, someone mentioned it.  I went back to my CV after setting my bombers off on an auto-attack run and sure enough, I saw Cap's ship (I was already inside exit circle...  I miss my Zuiho. :Smile_sad:).  From RTS POV, unless you are actively looking, it was not easy to see him.  If you are not even aware of it, it's extremely easy to not notice Cap's ship that is outside of map boundary due to how his ship is modeled (from RTS POV, it's just this sliver that looked like some kind of a graphics error on map).  Basically, it is a good bet that they didn't intend for aerial torpedoes to be a trigger from the get-go.

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
14 posts
29,149 battles
9 hours ago, Volron said:

RTS cv's would not be able to see Cap's ship easily unless you were actively looking.  I suspect most that main'd CV in Ops (at least myself anyways) wasn't even aware of it until someone mentioned it.

Yea, I didn't have a clue until I saw this thread...and even after that, I had no idea where to look until the "spotted" indicator popping up for my hull caught my eye while waiting the last couple minutes for Raptor to waddle into the end zone...that and the sidebar mod kept having one "ship" left over after everything should've been dead.
unknown.png

• Cool 1

[D12]
Members
37 posts
5,045 battles

Saw 4 games tonight. All north of end point sailing behind 2 small islands. First game didnt know what it was so i shot it. Second game knew what it was but couldnt torp in time. Third time a charm. Saw it again next game. lol typed my guts out pinged map but it seemed like some thought i was nuts.

Yes i did get the achievement.

shot-22_04.23_00_45.50-0459.thumb.jpg.892a932291a0760dc067e068d1f719bd.jpg

shot-22.04.23_00.02.38-0486.jpg

shot-22.04.23_00.43.09-0311.jpg

shot-22.04.23_00.45.49-0446.jpg

• Thanks 1

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles
On 4/20/2022 at 4:27 PM, Ahskance said:

Asked a question about this internally.  Will let you know what I hear back!

Thought I had a ticket in on this, and I don't. Would you like me to submit one - or will we just leave the process as it is for now?

Thanks.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,320 posts
16,062 battles
22 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

Thought I had a ticket in on this, and I don't. Would you like me to submit one - or will we just leave the process as it is for now?

Thanks.

Customer Support Ticket is always a good choice.  I haven't gotten on update yet.

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles

In other news, just played it in my Nurnberg and Cap didn't show up at all, mid exit zone. Replay file here.

image.thumb.png.8dcb62019067f1117359d893be65504a.png

[WK]
1,851 posts
23,225 battles
1 hour ago, Jarod997 said:

In other news, just played it in my Nurnberg and Cap didn't show up at all, mid exit zone. Replay file here.

image.thumb.png.8dcb62019067f1117359d893be65504a.png

Certain conditions need to be met in order for Cap's ship to appear.

The 3 ships (Myogi, Yubari and Mutsuki(?)) you face in the beginning need to be sunk within a minute (basically getting that one objective of sinking 3 ships in a minute), but I think it also needs to be done within the first few minutes from the start of the match.  I've noticed that if you "lolly gag" in sinking the 1st wave within a minute (5+m after match starts or more), he doesn't appear. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles
36 minutes ago, Volron said:

Certain conditions need to be met in order for Cap's ship to appear.

The 3 ships (Myogi, Yubari and Mutsuki(?)) you face in the beginning need to be sunk within a minute (basically getting that one objective of sinking 3 ships in a minute), but I think it also needs to be done within the first few minutes from the start of the match.  I've noticed that if you "lolly gag" in sinking the 1st wave within a minute (5+m after match starts or more), he doesn't appear. :cap_hmm:

Good catch. What's the time then?

According to my replay, 17:31 (mission countdown timer) , or 2:29 into the mission - no Cap. So let's see if he shows up if they're destroyed under 2 minutes elapsed.

Reason I'm interested is to add this info to the wiki.

The secondary mission I believe you're referring to is "Destroy 3 ships in one minute" - but not necessarily within the first minute.

[CS7]
550 posts
7,908 battles

Played again, 17:34, no Cap. And this time, we were right on those first three. The only way we could have been faster is to have the BB's AP broadside the battleship as soon as they can see it. There's my next goal I guess. :)

[WK]
1,851 posts
23,225 battles
40 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

Played again, 17:34, no Cap. And this time, we were right on those first three. The only way we could have been faster is to have the BB's AP broadside the battleship as soon as they can see it. There's my next goal I guess. :)

That was too long, you have to be quicker.  So it's looking to be within two and a half minutes at the very least, though it may be within two minutes.  Few things I could point out; your CV wasn't helping you at all in this and your BB was lolly gagging.  Even a back spawn AZ/WV/NM could've had guns on Myogi much sooner.

It just occurred to me to call in someone who has more detailed knowledge on Op's than I do.

@Lightninger

I've honestly forgotten the exact conditions to get Cap's ship to spawn.  Could you correct me on this?