You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Public Test: How to Get Premium Ships for Community Tokens!

27 comments in this topic

[OGF]
Members
1,275 posts
43,315 battles

1)  Why is T6 specifically skipped for tiers 2 through 7?

2)  Why is FR25 excluded from the list of Tier 7s?

[BONKY]
Members
2,276 posts
26,783 battles

Well, they added Agincourt and Mikoyan to the T5 containers, and quite a few T7s (Hyuga, Yukon, Munchen, and Weimar) but the real kicker-

If you already have all the ships from the list in your Port, the container will drop 6,000,000 Credits.  

RIP doubloon farming, so for me, getting Agincourt for one box, (only T5 premium I don't have) then grind for the T7s as I don't have many there and there some (Hyuga, Florida, Hood, Atlanta, Sims) I really want.

3 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

1)  Why is T6 specifically skipped for tiers 2 through 7?

2)  Why is FR25 excluded from the list of Tier 7s?

1: Good question. Maybe because during 2019-2020 PTS they offered up to 4 T6 premium ship containers (I got Mutsu, Huanghe, T-61, and Gallant or WV'41 from these) plus the 2019 birthday directives gave one out (how I got Monaghan)

2: FR25 is quite new, and most of the T7s there are somewhat old (newest is Yukon from Canada Day 2021)

• Cool 1

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
64 posts
1,015 battles

...no Konig Albert in the Tier II-III-IV container?

Seems way over-priced, the odds trying to farm it from Jutland containers.

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
99 posts
956 battles
1 hour ago, RedSun9 said:

Definitely not a ship I figured was such an over-performer that they'd need to pull it out of circulation.... 

[DDI]
Members
4 posts
5,684 battles
1 hour ago, RedSun9 said:

did they announce a price? I can't find it anywhere.

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
99 posts
956 battles
1 minute ago, Phantom01 said:

did they announce a price? I can't find it anywhere.

10 to 1, my colleague there was referring to how many Jutland containers you would need to buy (on average) to get the ship: the KA hasn't been "on the market" for quite some time, so you can't buy it: it's apparently currently ONLY available thru those Jutland containers. And those odds would most likely make that tier 3 ship cost way over-priced for the average container buyer.

....or are you referring to, "how much will each those Tier II-IV containers cost" ?

[DDI]
Members
4 posts
5,684 battles
11 minutes ago, Lighthawk1 said:

....or are you referring to, "how much will each those Tier II-IV containers cost" ?

Sorry, I was trying to figure out the Community token cost of the containers. All three of them.

Members
1 post
394 battles

how do i get into this test?

i originally installed WOWS from the windows store.

I saw the public test and installed the game launcher but i don't have the game instance selection.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,079 posts
17,215 battles
8 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Well, they added Agincourt and Mikoyan to the T5 containers, and quite a few T7s (Hyuga, Yukon, Munchen, and Weimar) but the real kicker-

If you already have all the ships from the list in your Port, the container will drop 6,000,000 Credits.  

RIP doubloon farming, so for me, getting Agincourt for one box, (only T5 premium I don't have) then grind for the T7s as I don't have many there and there some (Hyuga, Florida, Hood, Atlanta, Sims) I really want.

To be fair, this shouldn’t be surprising, since players using the tier V containers to farm doubloons was the main reason the containers were removed from the Armory in the first place and replaced with the current premium ship offerings.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Members
183 posts
13,279 battles
9 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

To be fair, this shouldn’t be surprising, since players using the tier V containers to farm doubloons was the main reason the containers were removed from the Armory in the first place and replaced with the current premium ship offerings.

Doesn't make it any less [edited]. They could at least have reduced the amount of doubloons you got per container so the T5 one wasn't blatantly superior to the T7 one, or add more permacamos to the token shop. The latter would have been particularly good since the voyage containers are absolute garbage.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
6,079 posts
17,215 battles
3 hours ago, Ortheki said:

Doesn't make it any less [edited]. They could at least have reduced the amount of doubloons you got per container so the T5 one wasn't blatantly superior to the T7 one, or add more permacamos to the token shop. The latter would have been particularly good since the voyage containers are absolute garbage.

WG never intended for the tier V containers to be used by players as a free, regular source of a not-insignificant amount of doubloons, which also directly cuts into their bottom line (the idea being that those getting free doubloons are not buying doubloons or are using those free doubloons to obtain other premiums rather than purchasing them directly).

While some may not like it, it is a perfectly reasonable and understandable change for a business to make. If WG hadn’t made the change, I expect the only way we’d see these containers return for community tokens would be at a much inflated price, which would negatively affect many more players than the current comparatively small number who own all the ships on a given list.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
183 posts
13,279 battles
3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

WG never intended for the tier V containers to be used by players as a free, regular source of a not-insignificant amount of doubloons, which also directly cuts into their bottom line (the idea being that those getting free doubloons are buying doubloons or are using those free doubloons to obtain other premiums rather than purchasing them directly).

While some may not like it, it is a perfectly reasonable and understandable change for a business to make.

I would agree if it were not for how greedy this game has gotten over the years. You do know that being generous to your playerbase makes them more likely to want to spend money on your game right?

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[SCRUM]
Members
75 posts
32,863 battles

Hi, 

I like to play the PT for the rewards that are offered. This time out it was slow to get into a Battle taking 3 1/2 min. approx. each time. Then the teams were loaded with Bots with average 2 people per team. Since the Battles were rewarding the playing of subs I was trying the subs. If I was trying for wins, subs would not have been my choice. The Battles progressed and many of the bots just suicided by ramming.

I played 3 Battles lost 3 Battles though I gained valuable experience in Tier 6 subs, the last game scored well over 100,000 with a Hi Calibur, I had had enough after those 3 Battles. Perhaps I should have continued with tier 8 but, enough for me.

This experience was time consuming and frustrating.

Space

[CRF]
Members
1,598 posts
11,368 battles
1 hour ago, aPr0tector said:

When are we going to receive the community tokens for the two stages of public test??

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/public-test/public-test-0114/

They usually appear by the end of the first week of the new patch...

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
1,598 posts
11,368 battles

My question is - how much are these containers going to cost???  A SC is 6k, a T4 is 10k, etc in the Armory now.  I expect to see them be 10K, 17.5k and 25K, if not more....

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Members
25 posts
2,600 battles
1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

thanks!

1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

My question is - how much are these containers going to cost???  A SC is 6k, a T4 is 10k, etc in the Armory now.  I expect to see them be 10K, 17.5k and 25K, if not more....

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/community-tokens/

[CRF]
Members
1,598 posts
11,368 battles
25 minutes ago, aPr0tector said:

Ah- forgot about that post - wonder if they will keep to those values or increase them like they seem to be doing with many other items in the game...

[DDG65]
Beta Testers
855 posts

Sounds great! 

I saw one premium ship listed that I have wanted since it was introduced and for some strange reason has been almost impossible to actually obtain.  Now there is a chance.

Next update is scheduled for when?

Members
132 posts
548 battles

To get a ship with tokens would take forever.

Bring back the old Signals, camo & Free containers at least you got them & could use them.

Now you will say you can buy signals & camo with tokens but if I do that how can I save tokens for a ship.

And now if you have time to wait around for players to play ranked battles or a Random game you still end up with maybe 400 tokens.

There is just NO player base in the Test game & the time waiting around for players is a joke:cap_popcorn:.

There has been times where I have waited for a Ranked game for up to 15 mins & in the end I drop out & go to Co-Op just for a game.

The time playing a test game take's it away from playing a main game.

I have played this game for around 5 yrs now & Test games have never really taken off with players.

I played the test games for the signals & camo.

Now I jump into a test a game just to see what is new & maybe try it out. I don't play it for the tokens IT JUST TAKES TO MUCH TIME :Smile_unsure:

Members
25 posts
2,600 battles
On 5/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, sonoasailor said:

Up this thread, since the patch went alive, but tokens haven't arrive yet.

[NWO-1]
Volunteer Moderator
438 posts
7,566 battles
On 5/12/2022 at 12:11 AM, Area51_9 said:

To get a ship with tokens would take forever.

Now I jump into a test a game just to see what is new & maybe try it out. I don't play it for the tokens IT JUST TAKES TO MUCH TIME :Smile_unsure:

I have been collecting tokens and barely spending any since they were first introduced. I was one week away from 30k when they took away the T7 containers in Novemberish. I now have 75k. So you can collect about a crate every six months or so, providing you complete all or most of the PTS missions (which is normally not hard).

• Cool 1