You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkullCowboy_60

So, Superships...

80 comments in this topic

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

ya pretty much. They should just have a mode for just superships and leave them out of the normal Tech Tree matches. Give them nice income but exclude them from Randoms. Everyone is happy. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,115 posts
20,488 battles
13 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Kek. Too "successful" for their own good.

Maybe they'll have to pull them.

• Haha 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,982 battles

Several things about this puzzle me.

First, that WG would make such an adjustment based on something they knew would happen.  Any time a new ship or branch is added, it gets played heavily as players want to experience the new game element.  In this case, they introduced eight new ships in a new Tier, and they think this is going to show the typical economy that will be in place after people lose the initial surge and count the costs?  I seem to remember them doing this kind of knee-jerk adjustment after the CV Rework, and it was just as hasty and incorrect as to the final economics that became the norm.

Second, why is -xp- generation on these units even an issue?  Unlike Premium and Special ships, the xp can't be useful in training any commander but the one assigned to that ship, and unlike credits, they can't benefit anything but that ship itself.  Since Superships do not have a follow-on tech ship for progression, this is just 'dead' xp unless the player converts it to Free XP as any other ship, which costs alot of doubloons.  

So, WG is adjusting the normal economy of SS because of a situation that is almost certainly not going to be the norm, and targeting the only thing SS actually earn which is useless already.

Anything I am missing here?

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,964 battles

You forgot to mention the Super Container mission which will also have an affect on how many are played early and then likely get parked once the mission is done.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 4

[SLI]
10,577 posts

I am confused.  Are they going to earn more or less credits than they currently do?  I was under the impression that they generally cost 2X the credits of a T10 to run...so this is a credit buff?

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

I wonder how much of those stacked SS lineups is due to people playing other tiers to avoid them...and there is a whole lot of other factors that are going into it that have nothing to due with economy I'd wager...

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
383 posts
6,074 battles
21 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am confused.  Are they going to earn more or less credits than they currently do?  I was under the impression that they generally cost 2X the credits of a T10 to run...so this is a credit buff?

I would assume they be earning less credit then they currently do, since more super ships right now with the -50% repair camo (if you still have any) or just special camo , the extra credit flags and super econ flags can get away with making positive credit game even after being sunk. 

[SLI]
10,577 posts
7 minutes ago, _Balto_ said:

I would assume they be earning less credit then they currently do, since more super ships right now with the -50% repair camo (if you still have any) or just special camo , the extra credit flags and super econ flags can get away with making positive credit game even after being sunk. 

I figured that was the plan but it says

" Now, Supership earnings will be on a similar level to Tier X ships, as originally planned. "

If they mean XP, that's a nerf.  If by "earnings" they mean credits, that's a buff.

Honestly though if they are just going to make it a T10 with worse credit earning, nearly no "upside", at all in XP or anything....I might as well just play a T10.   I get that it can influence a game but, so can a lot of T10s.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,488 posts
29,180 battles
4 minutes ago, _Balto_ said:

Nah, impossible to make credits with these tier 11, uh, superships.

unknown.png

This is how the math works

unknown-1.png

Edited by Warped_1
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
383 posts
6,074 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I figured that was the plan but it says

" Now, Supership earnings will be on a similar level to Tier X ships, as originally planned. "

If they mean XP, that's a nerf.  If by "earnings" they mean credits, that's a buff.

If they say it going to be like originally planned, one would assume they are going to be credit sinks since that was what the original plan was.  Now we just going have to wait to see what it means it might also be a fact that some people are able to make credit with the super ships in coop games.  I had one game in the super ship where I loaded up everything on flags and all and i made 1 million credit at the end.

shot-22.04.15_03.24.06-0928.jpg

[EDEG]
Members
510 posts
14,693 battles

I found that the XP earned on decent battles in the Annapolis were higher than I'd expected. I've typically played a single game in it daily, flagged and camo'd up to produce a couple thousand FXP. Guess that's what they're "fixing."

Funny thing is, the "fix" will have superships earning minimal or even negative credits and producing mediocre XP. In other words, the only incentive to play them will be the unhealthy enjoyment of picking on players in lesser ships. Any bets on whether superships end up played mostly by a self-selecting playerbase of jerks?

• Cool 1

[SLI]
10,577 posts
6 minutes ago, _Balto_ said:

If they say it going to be like originally planned, one would assume they are going to be credit sinks since that was what the original plan was.  Now we just going have to wait to see what it means it might also be a fact that some people are able to make credit with the super ships in coop games.  I had one game in the super ship where I loaded up everything on flags and all and i made 1 million credit at the end.

shot-22.04.15_03.24.06-0928.jpg

I think they would be better served to make a change that says Super Ships are unimpacted by any consumable modifier.  IE: The player simply cannot load any economy based flags or camos onto the ship.

• Thanks 1

[SLI]
10,577 posts
19 minutes ago, JamesTomb said:

I found that the XP earned on decent battles in the Annapolis were higher than I'd expected. I've typically played a single game in it daily, flagged and camo'd up to produce a couple thousand FXP. Guess that's what they're "fixing."

Funny thing is, the "fix" will have superships earning minimal or even negative credits and producing mediocre XP. In other words, the only incentive to play them will be the unhealthy enjoyment of picking on players in lesser ships. Any bets on whether superships end up played mostly by a self-selecting playerbase of jerks?

This is what I am a little concerned about.  That super ships aren't going to end up being the "credit sink" they were designed to, but will end up being just taking an "OP" ship into a match and then paying in all other possible gains, for that privilege. 

I don't have a perfect answer on how to avoid that though.

[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles
9 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

unknown.png

unknown-1.png

Eh.  Bragging about results modified with active premium time and alllllll the special flags isn't that strong an argument imo.  The base results would have you sporting a nearly 40k credit loss on what is by most accounts a very good match.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
3,432 posts
9,982 battles
18 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

unknown.png

unknown-1.png

You burned -alot- of low-availability signal flags to pull that off.  I doubt most players have those to burn on regular games.  Also, what would those earnings have been if you'd used a Des Moines?  You probably would have gotten that 1.3 mil instead of 982k.

And, making you burn so many econ signals is also part of the purpose of SS, so looks like working as intended.

Great games with every credit boost available in the game is one thing.  An average game without signal flags is quite another.

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Thanks 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,488 posts
29,180 battles
24 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Eh.  Bragging about results modified with active premium time and alllllll the special flags isn't that strong an argument imo.  The base results would have you sporting a nearly 40k credit loss on what is by most accounts a very good match.

Bragging wouldn't have displayed the modifiers.  We are dealing with a lot of anecodotal feedback.  That was a transparent look at what was made and what could be done.  But still, thanks for the hugs.

The takeaway should have been without premium time and modifiers a good game would still have been a loss of about 20k credits.  With premium time it shifted to a gain of 140k credits.  With the rest of the modifiers it is more solid.

22 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

And, making you burn so many econ signals is also part of the purpose of SS, so looks like working as intended.

Exactly the point.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Other than super BBs, they will earn the same credits they do now.  Super BBs will earn a little more to bring them up the the same level as other superships.  BXP earnings have been reduced for super CA/CLs, DDs and CVs, but increased for BBs.

• Meh 1

[SOFW]
Members
388 posts
17,169 battles

It's fairly telling that WG felt that things were so out of whack that they couldn't wait until 11.4 to implement the changes and are rushing out an emergency patch.  Quite simply, they broke the game -- again.

Edited by LTC_Tiger
  • Cool 3

[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles

The economy of Superships was designed around the assumption that they would mostly be facing Tier IX and X ships in battle...

So.....the assumption of their creation was they were designed to be high tier seal clubbers.  Nice WG....real nice.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
Just now, LTC_Tiger said:

It's fairly telling that WG felt that things were so out of whack that they couldn't wait until 11.4 to implement the changes and are rushing out an emergency patch.  Quite simply, they broke the game -- again.

Don't be hyperbolic.  It is an adjustment to XP earnings.  They game in no way was broken.

Members
96 posts
83 battles

It's too bad that they are worried about the economy - and not what these ships do to the balance and fun factor of the game.

Tiers 9 and 10 are basically a mess now. All of the ships that we spent years earning or purchasing are now subpar compared to these monsters.

I'm wondering why they rushed out this content; and insisted on making these a part of the game. Unless this is a late-stage milking because they know that the game is in a bad spot.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
2 minutes ago, LTC_Tiger said:

Broken torpedo tracking, broken SE skills, and guns that fire slower than they are supposed to .... that stuff can wait a patch or two (or more)   but players earnings an extra 10% credits... that's gotta be nipped in the bud like right now...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[JEDI-]
Beta Testers
383 posts
6,074 battles
3 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Broken torpedo tracking, broken SE skills, and guns that fire slower than they are supposed to .... that stuff can wait a patch or two (or more)   but players earnings an extra 10% credits... that's gotta be nipped in the bud like right now...

hey you forgot the submarines lol