Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elijah2159

Japanese submarine line proposal

6 comments in this topic

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
666 posts
3,091 battles

Due to the lack of a Japanese submarine line and because of the size and significance of the Japanese submarine force during WWII, I am proposing a Japanese submarine line.

The following is the basic outline of what a Japanese submarine line could look like. At this point it is not a full proposal as I will most likely change some ships and maybe some gimmicks as I recieve feedback.I will make this a full proposal later.

Line gimmick: The ability to surface and launch aircraft after a cooldown. However, this comes at the cost of not having any special consumables and of being vulnerable on the surface while piloting aircraft. 

Tier 6: I-19

file.thumb.png.cbced8dcc89885601c4d8fa4967a8bb4.png

Part of the Japanese B1 class, she gained her fame during the Guadalcanal campaign where she sunk two ships and damaged another with a singular torpedo salvo. One of her sisters, I-25, launched the first and only axis attack on the US mainland.

She carries a single E14Y that carries two bombs with relatively low damage but with a high fire chance and high plane HP.

Tier 8: I-14

283271308_file(1).thumb.png.59853b6cbbb098eb77fcc4ef32e7371b.png

Part of the lately-commissioned AM class of submarines, her design was that of a submarine aircraft carrier and she was effectivly a smaller I-400. 

She carries two Aichi M6As (armament to be determined. Will either be 1x torpedo or 2x HE or AP bombs per plane. Tell me what you think below!)

Tier 10: I-400

1912079135_file(2).thumb.png.7ef030a18c302e7092d3fc7b33bc2c0b.png

The lead ship of her class, I-400 and her planned sisters were envisioned to be a large underwater aircraft carrier fleet consisting of 18 submarines. However, this plan was canceled, and only three ships were built, coming too late in the war to make an impact. However, her and her two sisters remained the largest submarines ever built until the construction of ballistic missile submarines in the 1960s. 

She carries three Aichi M6As (armament to be determined. Will either be 1x torpedo or 2x HE or AP bombs per plane. Tell me what you think below!)

What do you think? Tell me in the comments below!

Edited by Elijah2159
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,721 battles

I like where your going with this!

only problem is having the aircraft might remove the need for the subs to get into the fight...

Alternatively the aircraft could be:

1.Spotter plane that you need to surface to launch. 

These could act like a bit of a radar to detect ships for you, But at the same time could give your posision away since they would be circling you.

2.Airstrike similar to the dutch ships.*

As for other thing's let's spice up the torps since we want the japanese to get the correct ones...

Since everybody is getting 2 types and homing is always 1 I would say short range homing torps (Think f8's but with less damage and passible homing)

And of cource gotta have a version of the long lance sub variant as the second type.

Also on another sidenote: I know it's not super important but could WG please let the subs use their AA weapons, even if it's not a huge deal the subs have em on the model, and the would help a tiny bit on some subs.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles

No, bad idea for a base IJN submarine line.  Perhaps a future, alternative line, but the main line should represent the vast majority of actual IJN submarines, which did not carry aircraft.

Alpha Tester
1,435 posts
22,721 battles
3 hours ago, LATAM_LOL_11 said:

You mean dutch ships? :Smile_trollface:

Thanks for the correction.

Sign in to follow this