Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aviso_Grille

Ability to give a name to ships.

4 comments in this topic

[VOS]
[VOS]
Members
3 posts
9,550 battles

I'd like the ability to give a 'name' to my ships.  Sorta like how you can give your ship a name in Eve Online.

Thanks for your consideration.

A

[WORX]
Members
16,976 posts
22,074 battles
5 minutes ago, Aviso_Grille said:

I'd like the ability to give a 'name' to my ships.  Sorta like how you can give your ship a name in Eve Online.

A

I'm guessing, due to standardization on ship names...  I don;t think this will be possible...

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,170 battles
32 minutes ago, Aviso_Grille said:

26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I'm guessing, due to standardization on ship names...  I don;t think this will be possible...

I think it’s less this, and more WG doesn’t want to deal with the inevitable stupidity which would occur.

I might work if the name choices were limited to unrepresented members of a class; like all the Clemsons, Mutsukis, or County class cruisers.

[LWOP]
[LWOP]
Members
87 posts
1,534 battles

At most, I could see the game taking each ship class,

recognizing the names and hull numbers of each ship in that class,

and letting us select from that list, which name of the class we wanted "our ship" to be... provided it wasn't already in the game as another progression or premium ship.

But letting players randomly name their ships, creates a lot of potentially offensive problems.... unless the names are only cosmetic changes seen only in the player's port, but not in battle: in battle, it would then need to be given the generic name of that ship class. 

Sign in to follow this