You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jan_van_Galen

Burnout

38 comments in this topic

[MEMO]
Members
60 posts
15,240 battles

I think I'm getting burned out on this thing. Endless useless updates. The stupidity of submarines, rental ships, super ships, more sci-fi silliness, and carriers that were screwed up bad - only to become worse.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 12
  • Sad 2

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
4 minutes ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

I think I'm getting burned out on this thing. Endless useless updates. The stupidity of submarines, rental ships, super ships, more sci-fi silliness, and carriers that were screwed up bad - only to become worse.

I dont think a break is what you need... More of a Divorce to save yourself from a toxic relationship...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

[BONKS]
Members
4,814 posts
52 battles

Take a break and see if you feel a desire to keep playing (to actually have fun, not under obligation). If you do not, uninstall.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Nobody ever said that you had to play a game forever. If you are burned out then go find something else to do. Myself, I primarily only play the game now out of habit and to see if people are saying funny things in chat.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles

Burn out is usually the consequence of endless repetition. It is natural after 12.5 k matches to feel burn out. Reduce the frequency, alternate games, keep it fresh, this isn't work or marriage... Do other stuff and let it heal.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
28 minutes ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

Take a break.  If you feel like playing WoWS again someday, do, if not, don’t.  

I’ve done so multiple times.  So far I’ve come back each time.  Someday I am sure I won’t.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,307 posts
23,632 battles
48 minutes ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

Very important to take breaks with games you really like.  Even just cycling another game to break it up some. For me I typically use the early release patches to slow it down and then pick it up on other patches. Keeps things fresh and fun.

Cheers.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,171 posts
9,064 battles
1 hour ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

Hmm try warplanes they fixed a lot of the bad stuff about it and it is actually fun to play now. 

• Haha 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles

Yeah, went on a short hiatus myself recently (early Feb).  Came back when this patch dropped, helped out a lot.  Cause oh boy, it started to feel tedious AF.  That's....typically not a good sign. :Smile_veryhappy:

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles

Definitely time for a break. One time I played WoWP and a few space games, now it’s either HoI4 and actual plastic model ships. I play this game when I feel like it. Which is often, but it doesn’t feel like an obligation. Weeks of premium time were left unplayed, and that was just fine.

I will say the historical elements have been completely ditched, so full childish arcade. For me it has morphed into a ship collecting simulator and little more. But the Savage Battles, sci-fi aside, may have been the most fun gameplay I have had in this game in a while.

• Cool 1

Members
2,765 posts

You may be more tired of the changes in game-play than you are of the game.

I played over 6000 games in one boat on two maps. Each time I loaded in, I was excited to play, because I enjoyed the play. When they changed out my boat for a different one, changed my opponents' boats, and then changed my opponents, I quit playing.

WG doesn't believe enough in their game to let people play it for the fun of it, they must change and change and change, until the play is no longer fun.

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,213 battles

what really killed game for me was massacaring of operations during the CV rework, the commander rework pretty much nerfed the my colbert used to be high skill, highly rewarding gameplay experience compared to smolenks, now its just a more labourous ship to play with just lesser rewarding gameplay experience.

You got some ships like kleber that had being nerfed in random battles to be balanced in clan wars even random battle players are not safe from the 2nd class citizen discrimatory taut from WG, now that WG has removed Kleber's avaliability from clan wars you think you can give it its un-nerfed concealment back.

we got super ships and submarines now but we all know how we feel about them, we dont feel them. honestly with the direction that the game is heading take a hiatus play a different game then comeback after several weeks or months to see if its finally heading in a right direction.

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles
3 hours ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

Yep.  And it will never change.  No one plays a game forever.  I started at the beginning, took a short break, came back, eventually got even more frustrated, took a 2 year brake, now back again messing around and finding myself again becoming quickly disillusioned.  It's just a game.  I do it when I find it fun and don't do it when it is not.   Taking a break helps a bit as when you come back there some new nuances to learn to like, or not like.   If it isn't fun for you.  Go.  No one is holding you here.  No one cares if you leave, if we are being honest, and the game will go on doing what it does.. Go find a new game that interests you.

Members
12 posts
8,331 battles
3 hours ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

I agree with you 100%.  Super ships are so bad that if I see them in the battle with me,  I will quit a battle before it starts and take the penalty instead.  Honestly, I find myself less in the 8-10 tier range now than I used to.  The company used to focus on balancing the game.  Now they focus on how much money they can get.

Edited by Apharot
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[LWOP]
Members
55 posts
1,372 battles

Sometimes you REALLY need to step away from things for a while and take a break to reset your sanity.

I've gone weeks not playing favorite games because of burnout, even to the point some of them, I didn't even bother logging in if they had daily rewards to collect just for logging in.

Your personal sanity and comfort levels should ALWAYS take precedence over any online game trying to tell you "you HAVE to play us this much if you're a loyal customer..."

I think some games might get more positive feedback, if a lot of their grind missions weren't so short on time.

A lot of games don't realize how many of their players actually have lives OFF the computer... So working a job, pushing myself thru higher education, and family concerns, AND a game wants to say, "you only have this much time to earn this..." ?

Sorry, but 1, 2, and 3 (work, education, family) will always take precedence over 4 (online gaming).

No game is worth burning yourself out over. There are more important things than pixel ships.

• Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles
6 hours ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

Burnout can happen! I too, was a bit burned out on a game (Star Trek Online) a few times, so I took some big breaks. Heck, I even took a big break from WoWs in the beginning!

If you're really burned out, I highly recommend taking a break : )

[WOLFX]
Members
813 posts
1,713 battles
5 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

When they changed out my boat for a different one

How did they do that?

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
7 hours ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

yup, as other said, inter-space it with something else.. for me i find annoying people on the forums contributing to forum discussions during and between battles great.

but seriously, maybe try a new mode or tier? Tier changes can make a big difference if your only looking for fun.

[SBNA]
[SBNA]
Members
423 posts
37,459 battles
7 hours ago, Jan_van_Galen said:

It don't help that WG is in a "Shark tank jump" at the moment. I fear the end is near.

Members
650 posts
7 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

You got some ships like kleber that had being nerfed in random battles to be balanced in clan wars

I missed that info. When did they nerf Kleber?

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
926 posts

I just came off a break from around Christmas. If you are forcing yourself to play, take a break go remind yourself there are other things in life to keep you grounded. 

Cirran

• Cool 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,673 posts
19,273 battles

If you are getting burned out, take a break.

There have been times when I just got fed up with the game and took time off for a while.

I know it's unlikely to happen any time soon but I wish WG would ease up on the constant grind.