You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WoWsNewsBot

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.11.4

47 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles

I don't know that Arms Race will add much to coop battles.  The games don't last long enough for the bonus stuff to matter.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
823 posts
16,642 battles

I see we are getting another Azur Lane collaboration! May I ask if Wargaming could also bring back the Azur Lane - Admiral Hipper flag this time around?

HipperFlag.png.c9cb38b0d7fe427a8dcc61c06f049c71.png

It was only available once back in January 2019 ( I started a few months later ) and I've waited well over two years for its potential return. I would greatly appreciate it, thanks. @Boggzy @Ahskance

• Cool 4

[VFW]
Members
3 posts
15,734 battles

Please don't add Arms Race to Randoms.  Make it's own thing.   Randoms and Competitive modes are the only ones left that don't have all the gimmicks.

vr,

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles

I’ll admit, the choice of ships for the Azur Lane collaboration has me scratching my head a bit. One is a tier III (low selling price), while the other is a clone of a Free XP ship (and one that is relatively affordable at only 1M FXP) that has been around for a very long time. From a purely business point of view, this doesn’t make much sense.

I’m shocked WG didn’t release an Iowa (or MO) clone AL New Jersey ship (vs a camo) instead of AL Azuma to accompany the new commander. I imagine that would get a lot of people (AL fans and not) to open their wallets.

Edited by Nevermore135

[TACT]
[TACT]
Members
668 posts
3,097 battles
31 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I’m shocked WG didn’t release an Iowa (or MO) clone AL New Jersey ship (vs a camo) instead of AL Azuma to accompany the new commander. I imagine that would get a lot of people (AL fans and not) to open their wallets.

They're proboably going to add the real USS New Jersey at some point and they proboably don't want a duplicate of it or something like that

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
1 hour ago, Beleaf_ said:

I see we are getting another Azur Lane collaboration! May I ask if Wargaming could also bring back the Azur Lane - Admiral Hipper flag this time around?

HipperFlag.png.c9cb38b0d7fe427a8dcc61c06f049c71.png

It was only available once back in January 2019 ( I started a few months later ) and I've waited well over two years for its potential return. I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

I don't have specific information on that.  I do know that Collaborations are extremely specific in terms of contracts that were made between two companies.  If the flag is included in the negotiated contract, then it would be available.  If it was not, then that wouldn't be something able to be adjusted on the fly.

• Sad 2

[A-D-F]
Members
751 posts
9,308 battles
6 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I do know that Collaborations are extremely specific in terms of contracts that were made between two companies. 

Does this determine if captains are sold individually or in bundles? because I hear from a lot of people who said they wanted to buy 1 or 2 captains, but didn't because they were only available in bundles or loot crates the last 2 colabs.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
Just now, Forgotten_Void said:

Does this determine if captains are sold individually or in bundles? because I hear from a lot of people who said they wanted to buy 1 or 2 captains, but didn't because they were only available in bundles or loot crates the last 2 colabs.

Literally everything is hashed out via a contract.  It's an agreement between businesses and is respected fully.

[A-D-F]
Members
751 posts
9,308 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

Literally everything is hashed out via a contract.  It's an agreement between businesses and is respected fully.

I understand the concept of a contract. Did contract transitions for a while. However, the point I made should at least be brought up to those who were involved with the contract, especially since it would mean more money for WG. Also a proper answer would be nice so we know ahead of time if our wallet will be open or closed for the colab.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
7 minutes ago, Forgotten_Void said:

I understand the concept of a contract. Did contract transitions for a while. However, the point I made should at least be brought up to those who were involved with the contract, especially since it would mean more money for WG. Also a proper answer would be nice so we know ahead of time if our wallet will be open or closed for the colab.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean?  ...  Maybe you're more pointing out that a previous Collab had a situation that you felt could have been better?  (Sorry, still waking up/catching up at the start of the day, so I'm a bit slow)

Definitely feel free to let us know about any thoughts/feedback you have to we can retain that for the next Collab negotiation/concepting.  That's certainly valuable information.

-

As for giving you information in advance, that isn't possible.  All timetables on information release and product availability are hashed out via contract.  Info will be unveiled at the pre-determined times which are out of my hands.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles
55 minutes ago, Elijah2159 said:

They're proboably going to add the real USS New Jersey at some point and they proboably don't want a duplicate of it or something like that

Precedent suggests otherwise. After all, we have tier VIII ARP Maya, which is an Atago clone, and tier VII Maya coming SOON(tm), which is a very different ship. The exclusion (or inclusion) of any collaboration ship should not be taken as an indicator of what may or may not be in development.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles

Ooo some pretty fun looking stuff coming up. I love the Iowa camo. Very interested to see if I can properly exploit the new sub detection mechanic also interested to see if I can avoid it lol. 

[WHS]
Members
21 posts
4,676 battles

its sad when you think that WoWs Blitz and WoWs Legends gets nicer AL camo's and ships than the main game, why do AL Azuma? and why is it so simple of a design, just blue with a couple flowers, its incredibly boring, and its not even a camo its a duplicate ship, when you could have done something like making AL New Jersey, so that people had a reason to use the "camo" instead of sticking round on Iowa when there are better options for them, or not being able to move their captain to Montana because they need it for Iowa in order to use the skin.

Edit: and also, are the new captains really just thrown into the old Box? making it insanely hard to get them??? i dont want to have to win the RNG vs:

Jean Bart, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hipper, Littorio, Shoukaku, Yukikaze, Azuma, Yat Sen, Rossiya, Avrora, Belfast, Nelson, Hood, Neptune, Baltimore, Enterprise, Cleveland, Montpelier 

just to get:

Bismarck, Zara, Chapayev, Saint Louis, Formidable or New Jersey

Edited by xPredatorGodx
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
9,262 posts
7,537 battles

I'm just happy the PC version is finally getting the AL collab again. Yipee. :crab:

The best and actually important part about this collab is NOT what we're getting in WoWs from AL... but what will go from WoWs to the AL side, a.k.a. the fifth Priority Research ships. Oh boy, hopefully we get a good selection of WeeGee-made fake botes hopping over to that game. At least, I predict at least one German ship, guaranteed, lol. :Smile_trollface:

Welp, additionally, it looks like I'll return to this game after all... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Ooo some pretty fun looking stuff coming up. I love the Iowa camo. Very interested to see if I can properly exploit the new sub detection mechanic also interested to see if I can avoid it lol. 

That camo is indeed extremely nice. Since it’s for a tech tree ship, I might even consider grabbing it for the right price (and also assuming it’s not locked behind some hideously expensive bundle).

42 minutes ago, xPredatorGodx said:

Edit: and also, are the new captains really just thrown into the old Box? making it insanely hard to get them??? i dont want to have to win the RNG vs:

Jean Bart, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hipper, Littorio, Shoukaku, Yukikaze, Azuma, Yat Sen, Rossiya, Avrora, Belfast, Nelson, Hood, Neptune, Baltimore, Enterprise, Cleveland, Montpelier 

just to get:

Bismarck, Zara, Chapayev, Saint Louis, Formidable or New Jersey

For previous AL collaborations, there have been bundles for each individual “wave” that contained only the content from each of the three collaborations, as well as a massive bundle that contained everything. Time will tell what the exact details of this collaboration will be.

That being said, it would be nice if WG went back to offering content like these commanders individually, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
751 posts
9,308 battles
48 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

That being said, it would be nice if WG went back to offering content like these commanders individually

2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

Maybe you're more pointing out that a previous Collab had a situation that you felt could have been better? 

@AhskanceThis was the situation that could've been better financially for everyone

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
5 minutes ago, Forgotten_Void said:

@AhskanceThis was the situation that could've been better financially for everyone

I understand now what you mean.  Our collaboration is a two-way agreement though, so the way it is in the game is the way it was agreed on by both parties.

[A-D-F]
Members
751 posts
9,308 battles
6 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I understand now what you mean.  Our collaboration is a two-way agreement though, so the way it is in the game is the way it was agreed on by both parties.

Hence why this feedback needs to be delivered to those who do the negotiations

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles

Ohhhhmigod, Azur Lane Wave 4, and this time it's New Jersey!!!

(slightly off-topic, but if New Jersey is coming to WoWs PC.....there is a HIGH chance she's coming to WoWs Legends as well, and USN needs an AL battleship commander(hoping for hybrid)!!! I'm super excited for this one <3) 

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm just happy the PC version is finally getting the AL collab again. Yipee. :crab:

The best and actually important part about this collab is NOT what we're getting in WoWs from AL... but what will go from WoWs to the AL side, a.k.a. the fifth Priority Research ships. Oh boy, hopefully we get a good selection of WeeGee-made fake botes hopping over to that game. At least, I predict at least one German ship, guaranteed, lol. :Smile_trollface:

Welp, additionally, it looks like I'll return to this game after all... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Yeah, I missed the AL collabs for a hot minute, but I also pay attention to potential collab commanders for WoWsL : ) And New Jersey....is promising, as well as Bismarck.

[WOLF8]
Members
9,262 posts
7,537 battles
58 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Yeah, I missed the AL collabs for a hot minute, but I also pay attention to potential collab commanders for WoWsL : ) And New Jersey....is promising, as well as Bismarck.

Meh. While the AL collab captains on WoWs are nice for their special voices... at the end of the day, they're just novelties that will be locked behind an expensive bundle or RNG lootboxes. Ditto for those "AL versions" of some ships. If I may be so blunt, I say it's actually not as exciting as it used to be, like back in the first two AL collabs.

IMHO, the real meat of the deal is on the AL side. Few of Wargaming's own fake bote creations (lol :Smile_trollface:) will hop over there as powerful Priority Research shipgirls. They're some of the best meta defining ships in that game. And they're absolutely free to acquire, as all you need to do is to grind for them. And once they're added to the game, they're available permanently, all year round, so any newbie or latecomer can still get them... as long as they meet the minimum requirement (i.e. having enough faction tech points) to start the grind. As a side note, these days, the AL devs are even making the grind for the older Priority Research ships easier and quicker, so that the newbies and latecomers have easier time catching up to the veteran players. Now that's a real treat of a collab in my book... lel. :Smile_trollface: 

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles
22 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Meh. While the AL collab captains on WoWs are nice for their special voices... at the end of the day, they're just novelties that will be locked behind an expensive bundle or RNG lootboxes. Ditto for those "AL versions" of some ships. If I may be so blunt, I say it's actually not as exciting as it used to be, like back in the first two AL collabs.

IMHO, the real meat of the deal is on the AL side. Few of Wargaming's own fake bote creations (lol :Smile_trollface:) will hop over there as powerful Priority Research shipgirls. They're some of the best meta defining ships in that game. And they're absolutely free to acquire, as all you need to do is to grind for them. And once they're added to the game, they're available permanently, all year round, so any newbie or latecomer can still get them... as long as they meet the minimum requirement (i.e. having enough faction tech points) to start the grind. As a side note, these days, the AL devs are even making the grind for the older Priority Research ships easier and quicker, so that the newbies and latecomers have easier time catching up to the veteran players. Now that's a real treat of a collab in my book... lel. :Smile_trollface: 

Well again, I'm also looking at the potential of new commanders for WoWs Legends, not JUST WoWs PC. On WoWs PC, you're right, they're just commanders with unique voiceovers, and that's fine! But on WoWs Legends, they get UNIQUE traits and skills....which makes them pretty unique and interesting when making ship builds....

I never really got into the Azur Lane mobile game itself, but I don't mind them as commanders in WoWs/WoWsL so the collabs are nice *shrugs*

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

Members
1 post
6,720 battles

:cap_horn:i think or believe that changes coming to the submarine  will make it harder to get damage on the enemy you should be able to shot your torpedo's and dive and the torpedo's should still stay on the ship you directed them at  just my opinion