Jump to content
Konception

DevBlog 317 - Changes to Supership Economy — Update 0.11.3

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,718
[TO07]
Members
4,305 posts
31,731 battles

So basically it sounds like the sheep are not being drained of the credits fast enough so WG are turning up the screws, is that the gist of it.   

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,104 posts

think i will wait until "further adjustments are made" to the superships  , and the tier X BBs economy is restored before i proceed with anymore "testing" of superships 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
480
[WHARF]
Members
848 posts
22,508 battles

So why do i need more xp for a super ship?. ..I mean if you have them...you have PLENTY of xp stacked to convert. Already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,977
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,783 posts
14,445 battles
18 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

So why do i need more xp for a super ship?. ..I mean if you have them...you have PLENTY of xp stacked to convert. Already...

1) XP missions

2) Commander XP

3) Free XP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,456
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

looks like a knee jerk reaction to me...   

The Base XP numbers that were happening were out of line.  For instance:

image.png

There have also been a lot of additions to the 1,000 Base XP in Co-Op Thread recently as well.  It's a correction to be more in-line with our normal patterns.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

looks like its because they are facing more TXI's than originally thought as i read it...     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,148
[NMKJT]
Members
4,302 posts
9,133 battles
3 hours ago, SuperSSL said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Turns out people still like being top tier.

Yup, knew it. The lure of 'not being uptiered' is massive. This is gonna end up being what they should've originally kept for TX, in order to induce premium time/premium ship purchases lower in the tiers to feed supership play.

They may not even have to buff the superships much beyond what they are if they're that popular already.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,776
[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
2 hours ago, SKurj said:

looks like its because they are facing more TXI's than originally thought as i read it...     

Gasp. Shock. :fish_glass:

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

So basically it sounds like the sheep are not being drained of the credits fast enough so WG are turning up the screws, is that the gist of it.   

Why am I not surprised.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,969
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

So basically it sounds like the sheep are not being drained of the credits fast enough so WG are turning up the screws, is that the gist of it.   

 

9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Gasp. Shock. :fish_glass:

Why am I not surprised.

Did you even read the blog?  Other then super BBs, where credit earning was actually increased, credit earning wasn't touched.  It was all XP nerfs, again except for super BBs where it was increased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
168 posts
7,242 battles

Somebody somewhere underestimated how many people would want to start playing these things - they balanced against the steady state as opposed to initial launch rush, and the initial launch rush was so distorting they needed to do something.  

The "I wanna be Top Tier" problem is always a problem when you have tiers and you have matches where your hero/tank/ship/plane crosses tiers -- because people always forget, everybody can't be top tier.   In order to be top tier, somebody else has to be bottom tier.   But this goes back to the whole "what's the best way to get a matchmaker that's fair, fast, interesting and fun" question.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,615
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
28,002 battles

Why is WG so surprised that people decided to play superships when they:

  1. Are new content to a lot of people who can't be bothered to do "testing"
  2. Had a short-duration supercontainer mission requiring a large amount of BXP in superships
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,776
[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
22 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Did you even read the blog?  Other then super BBs, where credit earning was actually increased, credit earning wasn't touched.  It was all XP nerfs, again except for super BBs where it was increased.

Yes?

xp is meaningless, except as it relates to dailies and tasks, because it can’t go anywhere without doubloons to convert it.

My understanding was that credits, or the draining thereof, were supposed to be the controlling factor that kept superships from swarming.

Ask WG how that’s working out? Especially since they’re doing a hot patch.

SBBs get more credits? I’m more surprised that they didn’t increase service costs and slash earnings across the board; which is what they need to do if the numbers of superships is so concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
846
[GGWP]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
38,131 battles

Maybe waiting until the "overuse" of superships by players who just wanted to complete the 15k xp mission for a supercontainer might have been a better way to see what the real economy of these ships would be.  Why jump the gun?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
[1984]
Members
4,989 posts
26,521 battles

These changes will be applied to all World of Warships live servers within 24 hours.proof that if it’s important to wg, changes get made quick

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,969
[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yes?

xp is meaningless, except as it relates to dailies and tasks, because it can’t go anywhere without doubloons to convert it.

My understanding was that credits, or the draining thereof, were supposed to be the controlling factor that kept superships from swarming.

Ask WG how that’s working out? Especially since they’re doing a hot patch.

SBBs get more credits? I’m more surprised that they didn’t increase service costs and slash earnings across the board; which is what they need to do if the numbers of superships is so concerning.

If “the sheep were not being drained fast enough” then this dev blog does a remarkably poor job of addressing that.  Credit earnings were not reduced, so “the sheep” will continue to be drained at the same rate as before.  The comment I was responding to, and your credulous agreement with it, are factless conspiracy nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[-SSA-]
Beta Testers
23 posts
3,636 battles

Isn't this a little premature??  The statistics may be skewed by human behavior. Of course people want to try the new "Hero" class super ships, myself included. However without the white camo bonuses, I actually lost like 9000 silver in a 100k damage victory.  So I already feel like I have to play premium ships to balance the drain from running super ships. Why don't you limit SS by class. Only allow one of each per team or something instead of an economy nerf. This change is bad for perception of a WG that is already slammed for RNG containers. BTW I spend thousands on this game so I am not one of those btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,248
[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The Base XP numbers that were happening were out of line.  For instance:

image.png

There have also been a lot of additions to the 1,000 Base XP in Co-Op Thread recently as well.  It's a correction to be more in-line with our normal patterns.

Annapolis sunk close to half the red team, likely racked up an insane damage number and perhaps even some capture/assist ribbons to get a BXP number that high.

 

As for the Co-Op sentence, I hardly call 3 or so examples of >1k BXP in the last couple weeks (one of which was in a Smolensk, not even a supership) "a lot".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,456
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
2 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Annapolis sunk close to half the red team, likely racked up an insane damage number and perhaps even some capture/assist ribbons to get a BXP number that high.

 

As for the Co-Op sentence, I hardly call 3 or so examples of >1k BXP in the last couple weeks (one of which was in a Smolensk, not even a supership) "a lot".

Sure, getting 5 kills will lead to a high-placing game.  There's nothing wrong with being first.

The Base XP looks about 20-30%ish too high, though.  Our changes are addressing that and making the Base XP calculations more in line with the rest of how our game does that math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[CAAT]
Members
6,312 posts
8,036 battles
5 hours ago, Ahskance said:

The Base XP numbers that were happening were out of line.  For instance:

image.png

There have also been a lot of additions to the 1,000 Base XP in Co-Op Thread recently as well.  It's a correction to be more in-line with our normal patterns.

shocked-surprised.gif.393ccbc19f341e12a531c1a78b07ad98.gif

....Ok, 5184 is a BIT much on that base XP, even with 5 kills

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,248
[SVF]
Members
2,921 posts
2,776 battles
3 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

shocked-surprised.gif.393ccbc19f341e12a531c1a78b07ad98.gif

....Ok, 5184 is a BIT much on that base XP, even with 5 kills

I personally would like to see the full results screen.  We're not getting the full story here imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[CAAT]
Members
6,312 posts
8,036 battles
56 minutes ago, landcollector said:

I personally would like to see the full results screen.  We're not getting the full story here imo.

Probably! Most likely Annapolis got like, every achievement under the sun to get such a high base XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles
4 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Probably! Most likely Annapolis got like, every achievement under the sun to get such a high base XP.

I had a 300k game in Annapolis that was in that ballpark for XP. Definitely the highest BXP I've ever gotten, by far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×