Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aussie_Aussie_Aussie

SHOCKED!!!!!

22 comments in this topic

Members
224 posts
10,009 battles

:cap_wander:

After not playing this game since the initial CV rework I decided to come back and see what's new..

WTAF is with the economy changes.... I played a Teir X game got 2 kills, 120k damage, had 90% of my HP we won the game and I still lost 54000 CR.

dev's your totally out of your mind!

How can anyone with children of their own behave like this towards other peoples children.. it show a lack of development skill and zero moral compass

I thought Gaijin and EA was Bad... the fact you have $198 bundles of Doubloons shows how low you have stooped.

I guess it will be another 4-5 years between games

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
32 minutes ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

After not playing this game since the initial CV rework I decided to come back and see what's new..

WTAF is with the economy changes.... I played a Teir X game got 2 kills, 120k damage, had 90% of my HP we won the game and I still lost 54000 CR.

How can anyone with children of their own behave like this towards other peoples children.. it show a lack of development skill and zero moral compass

I thought Gaijin and EA was Bad... the fact you have $198 bundles of Doubloons shows how low you have stooped.

:Smile_ohmy:

edit.

Edited by Retarie

[TIGRB]
Members
9 posts
5,254 battles

Get premium, it's the only thing I will endorse you buy from my point of view.

But in saying that I only have one day left of mine lel.

Members
143 posts
148 battles
2 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

had 90% of my HP

service costs are always the same, no matter if being sunk or full hp

we won the game

winning or losing has no influence on credit earnings

[ARGSY]
Members
31,064 posts
29,291 battles
4 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Show us the result screens - all four of them - and we'll talk. 

I need to know what mode you were playing, what ship you were playing, how much of each ammo you used and which ships you damaged, because if you were in a Montana or Yamato beating up on bot Bismarcks in co-op, you would have made a whole lot less than if you'd been slapping around same-tier ships or the new supers in Randoms.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,449 posts
10,185 battles
5 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

WTAF is with the economy changes.... I played a Teir X game

I'm curious what change could it be since to my knowledge there has been no negative changes to T10 economy. T10 has always been expensive and designed to be a credit drain but as it was not draining enough we now have T11... 

As for you OP, there are 9 tiers other than T10 where you can play and farm credits as FTP. It has been always like that, the real shock here is probably realizing your memory is failing you.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[CUDA]
Members
1,449 posts
13,933 battles

I don't have premium and play Coop. I don't get above tier 7 very often. The games are still fun there, and balanced. I think many play 10 for status more than anything else.

[HOP4S]
Members
6,993 posts
35,404 battles
5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Thanks for the reference.  I wish there was a way to "collect" the references we encounter in the forum in the CPT's logbook in the game.....   Because, we run into many questions where there are answers readily available.....  Maybe, you can convince our host to create a "reference library" in the CPT's Logbook part of the game.  I have suggested it several times but..........they don't even like me and nothing I suggest will ever get through.

Just a comment:  if a F2P game there are two conditions for new or returning players I have observed:  is the game more fun than when I left; and, is the earning curve better or worse than when I left....   I have left F2P games because of both of these and when I go back and play a match or two in those "retired" games, that is what I look for......  Usually, it's worse than when I left and the game remains retired to play quarterly or biannually....  One, BTW was sold and the new corporation is actually attempting to resurrect it back to where it was........  And, that is a tough sell in small niche markets even though the IP is so strongly attractive and identifiable.    We'll see.......

Edited by Asym_KS

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
7 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Then your memory isn't very good.  Originally it was much harder to make money at Tier X.  It has been made so easy that many people play nothing but Tier X.

• Cool 1

Members
6,889 posts
14,871 battles

Tier X, without premium, was always a money losing prospect without having GREAT games - as in carries basically.  This was to help populate lower tiers to pay for high tier play.

Members
224 posts
10,009 battles
On 4/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Helstrem said:

Then your memory isn't very good.  Originally it was much harder to make money at Tier X.  It has been made so easy that many people play nothing but Tier X.

Really... I used to rush into caps with GK get a few kills then die just for fun and still made credits. 

Like I said it was a Long time ago. I had been playing since Beta testing on SEA and NA.... never had a credit issue.

Anyhow i guess it will be another 4 years....

[HI-CS]
Members
193 posts

OMG, I hope he wasn't playing in that evil Co-Op mode. Everyone knows that is for losers and noobs. Results screens and replays or I will bury my head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen. Because nobody else has noticed or reported that the economy of the game is getting screwed up. If you can detect a hint of sarcasm in this response, well...

• Boring 1

Members
973 posts
7,896 battles
On 4/19/2022 at 2:55 AM, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

WTAF is with the economy changes.... I played a Teir X game got 2 kills, 120k damage, had 90% of my HP we won the game and I still lost 54000 CR. dev's your totally out of your mind!

How can anyone with children of their own behave like this towards other peoples children.. it show a lack of development skill and zero moral compass I thought Gaijin and EA was Bad... the fact you have $198 bundles of Doubloons shows how low you have stooped.

We see this a lot and I'm wondering. Do you guys think that Wargamming is the only company that is in business to make money? In general do you think all stock holders (i.e. the owners of companies) should be telling their boards of directors to forget about profits and treat customers like your own children?

If you have money in a 401K or IRA would you want the companies you own to be kind to their customers even if it meant your stock price would go down and you would lose money?

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
18 hours ago, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Really... I used to rush into caps with GK get a few kills then die just for fun and still made credits. 

Like I said it was a Long time ago. I had been playing since Beta testing on SEA and NA.... never had a credit issue.

I think drinking all that 4X up North has fried ur brain.:cap_fainting:

[TDRB]
Members
7,355 posts
16,186 battles
On 4/19/2022 at 7:44 AM, ArIskandir said:

I'm curious what change could it be since to my knowledge there has been no negative changes to T10 economy. T10 has always been expensive and designed to be a credit drain but as it was not draining enough we now have T11... 

As for you OP, there are 9 tiers other than T10 where you can play and farm credits as FTP. It has been always like that, the real shock here is probably realizing your memory is failing you.

I agree, T10 was designed as a credit drain unless you invested in premium time &/or a permanent camo.

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
On 4/22/2022 at 5:01 AM, Aussie_Aussie_Aussie said:

Yes, please do leave. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
19 hours ago, Bloodhawk74 said:

odd the economy was much more brutal in the old days.   

It was far worse.  2015-2016, you could not stay in Tier X unless you were regularly doing very well.  The post-battle servicing and ammunition costs combined to make Tier X a black hole in credits.  Players often had to play a bunch of mid tier games to ensure they come out ahead in credits after playing Tier X.

Here's a thread from the EU forums from October 2016 talking about the-then upcoming Tier X Perma-Camos.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/64923-tier-x-permanent-camos-are-coming/

At the time, in terms of operating costs, WG had just implemented changes to make Tier X even more expensive to play.  But then we players noticed that the upcoming Tier X Perma-Camo had that wonderful post-battle servicing cost reduction.

Make a problem:  Sell a solution.

Stuff like Dragon Flags came later.  Then consumable camo with economic benefits.  And of course, Premium Ships in Tier X.  Couple those cheaper-to-run X Premium Ships with Perma-Camo, players eventually could stay in Tier X all day and come out rich.  It's a different picture to how the game was in 2015-2016.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this