You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Caernavon

Hannover Economy Is Godawful

14 comments in this topic

[KAOS_]
Members
38 posts
12,367 battles

I just got out of a game commanding Hannover. It was a loss, but I'd fought relatively well on my team (placed 3rd overall). I was horrified when I got to the post-game score screen and found out I'd bled an enormous amount of silver coins for the effort. And I've got premium account. 

I know that in terms of economy, not all ships are created equal. But the massive losses of silver are appalling given the fact that I nearly spent my bank to obtain Hannover. This is actually the same reason I don't play World of Tanks much anymore. I go to a lot of trouble, time, effort, and in some cases money to obtain a tank in that game. I then discover that the price of operating that tank is so ruinously high that I'd have to grind more profitable tanks relentlessly just to offset the costs associated with operating it. 

I find it frustrating when a ship that I've already paid for requires me to take steps to fund its' entry into battle. I mean, I'm sure that's the point......Wargaming doesn't want to make commanding superships too profitable, or else everyone might want them. But goodness, couldn't they at least come close to breaking even? I'm going to have to park this shiny new ship, and given the fact that I'm chronically short of silver, it's likely to sit in port for a lengthy period of time. That's the type of recipe that makes me want to find another game to play.

/endrant

• Cool 2
  • Sad 1

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,313 battles
31 minutes ago, Caernavon said:

and given the fact that I'm chronically short of silver,

That's where Operations come in, that is also where you use your economic and special signals and camos. If you know the operations you can make massive credits per battle. Narai and Aegis are my go to Ops for credits, XP, FXP and ECXP.

image.thumb.png.1ca2eee58281d1c66819257efa123e8f.png

If you get a lot of tier 9 ships in a battle with Super Ships, you will always bleed credits. Higher tier, 10 and 11 will get you more. I play Co-op and still can make credits with my Super Ships, not always mind you but if it's an all bot team I am in there. I think the most that I have lost in a battle so far is 182,445, so one Narai battle can get me 3 SS battles. If you think about it, people complain about the tier 10 economy, which was worse earlier on in the game. There was some kind of meme about tier 8 being your job and tier 10 something, I forget how it went, guess I am getting old. My point is, what did you expect from tier 11? Tier 11 is now where tier 10 was 5 years ago, so for me no big deal, just play them when you can. I have never had more than 140,000,000 credits in this game and generally fluctuate from Zero to 98,000,000 between research bureau resets. When my best operations are at bat, I make credits for the rest of my play when they aren't.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TO07]
[TO07]
Members
175 posts
5,561 battles

Unfortunately you missed the many posts discussing the super ships are credit sinks….the interesting thing about your comments is watching streamers make over a million credits gross per battle the past handful of days. 

• Cool 3

[KAOS_]
Members
38 posts
12,367 battles
2 minutes ago, D_o_W_0779 said:

Unfortunately you missed the many posts discussing the super ships are credit sinks….the interesting thing about your comments is watching streamers make over a million credits gross per battle the past handful of days. 

Sadly, I don't usually earn that much. 

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

The break-even point is dependent on your performance. To be blunt, scoring third on a losing team is not particularly strong in that regard.

[GROGS]
Members
481 posts
13,797 battles
2 hours ago, Caernavon said:

I know that in terms of economy, not all ships are created equal. But the massive losses of silver are appalling given the fact that I nearly spent my bank to obtain Hannover. This is actually the same reason I don't play World of Tanks much anymore. I go to a lot of trouble, time, effort, and in some cases money to obtain a tank in that game. I then discover that the price of operating that tank is so ruinously high....

That's the type of recipe that makes me want to find another game to play.

It absolutely sucks that you drained your game account. That would take the shine off a game for me too.

Superships have uniquely bad economics. It's not the whole game. When WarGaming announced the new superships, they dedicated a section to discussing how this was a defining trait.
"A very important aspect of adding superships to the Tech Tree is their battle economy"

Edited by imaginary_b
omit needless words

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
3 hours ago, Caernavon said:

I just got out of a game commanding Hannover. It was a loss, but I'd fought relatively well on my team (placed 3rd overall). I was horrified when I got to the post-game score screen and found out I'd bled an enormous amount of silver coins for the effort. And I've got premium account. 

I know that in terms of economy, not all ships are created equal. But the massive losses of silver are appalling given the fact that I nearly spent my bank to obtain Hannover. This is actually the same reason I don't play World of Tanks much anymore. I go to a lot of trouble, time, effort, and in some cases money to obtain a tank in that game. I then discover that the price of operating that tank is so ruinously high that I'd have to grind more profitable tanks relentlessly just to offset the costs associated with operating it. 

I find it frustrating when a ship that I've already paid for requires me to take steps to fund its' entry into battle. I mean, I'm sure that's the point......Wargaming doesn't want to make commanding superships too profitable, or else everyone might want them. But goodness, couldn't they at least come close to breaking even? I'm going to have to park this shiny new ship, and given the fact that I'm chronically short of silver, it's likely to sit in port for a lengthy period of time. That's the type of recipe that makes me want to find another game to play.

/endrant

This is why I refuse to buy, let alone play, super ships.  I'm not interested in playing credit sinks.  PERIOD.  WG needs to get it through their thick skulls that allowing players to build up large credit balances is NOT a bad thing.  It allows them to have the in game money to have more fun.  There are already enough ways to monetize this game without ruining the credit economy in game!!!

• Cool 3

Members
143 posts
148 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

without ruining the credit economy in game!!!

the credit economy IS already ruined for a long time now...

in all objectivity players should begin to lose credits already at tier 9 (on average)...

[WHARF]
Members
847 posts
22,496 battles
10 hours ago, Caernavon said:

/endrant

So i ran with camo and flags for an extra 150% cash..only did 40000 damage....mid on score sheet.still made 27000...

Members
62 posts
1,650 battles

Ya..You won't get any money back on super ships. The easiest thing to do is just farm up a huge amount of credits on a premium ship or just use your Tier 10 constantly and make a crapton of credits. Then you can play your supership until you about run out and repeat. They designed it so super ships drain credits on purpose, you'll usually make net-negative on any battle in them unless you really go ham with credit flags/camo and game performance and even then it'll be for very little benefit.

I just alternate between my Yamato and Satsuma for example. Make my money back on yama and play Satsuma. (Though I won't lie I do like my yamato dispersion better cause main battery director system..I wish I could use it on satsuma LOL)

Edited by Kataclysms

[WOLF5]
Members
2,443 posts
17,255 battles

I will phrase this as gently as possible but this whole matter is just an exercise in arithmetic. With Tier IX and X ships and especially Premium and Special ships you can get important (or "very" important) breaks as to the consumption of credits. These factors are missing with the SuperShips, by design, and without these credits sources and breaks on credits sinks one will be facing roughly a 200K credit delta with the SuperShips. Review the battle credit summary page for one of the non-SuperShips will quickly indicate how serious the loss might be or if you could have actually made a little positive credit with a similar or better performance in your SuperShip. As I have posted, as a Coop player, I can generally expect a credit loss of a couple of hundred thousand credits in every SS battle, even with otherwise reasonable performance (for a Coop) match.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
10 hours ago, Klopirat_oops said:

the credit economy IS already ruined for a long time now...

in all objectivity players should begin to lose credits already at tier 9 (on average)...

I disagree completely.  I think that the idea that players should lose credits at high tiers unless they play spectacularly well or have a premium account is foolish, since it only serves to create an unhappy player base.

• Haha 1