You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MiniHannibal65

When you should go for the enemy Carrier.

12 comments in this topic

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
287 posts
11,006 battles

A question I have been asked many times while streaming is "When should you go after the enemy CV and try to snipe him early in the game"
I talk about that as well as demonstrating a quick CV snipe in Ranked in this video!
Hope it helps, and happy hunting!

Link for those who can't watch embedded

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

Not at the beginning If you can snipe the CV with a BB because he or she is tupid then find :fish_cute_2: But going full tupid and going crazy chasing after the CV because he hurt your feels will get you rekt most likely lose the match :Smile_trollface:

• Meh 1

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,721 battles

When I was playing Superships I noticed this happening a lot. The red CV would spot the friendly CV and 2-3 BBs would delete it in the first 3 minutes. All those games were losses.

• Meh 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,800 battles

If you can kill it without wasting a lot of time or resources you absolutely should. That includes BBs and cruisers sniping it, or an Asashio, Shima or Gearing with long range torps flinging torps at it to snipe it. Even if you don't kill it, it will scare the CV and force it to move. DDs circling the whole battlefield and doing nothing just to get in the back and engage the CV is an example of what not to do. Even if you kill it, and it is far more likely you wont, you've put your team behind in points by not doing DD things like spotting and capping. 

[E-M-S]
Members
99 posts
9,407 battles

my answer, if he's in range, shoot, even if you don't kill him CVs don't have heals. but you only actively hunt early if the Enemy CV player is REALLY good, and the rest of their team isn't.

[WORX]
Members
16,968 posts
22,074 battles
8 hours ago, MiniHannibal65 said:

"When should you go after the enemy CV and try to snipe him early in the game"
I talk about that as well as demonstrating a quick CV snipe in Ranked in this video!

Torp DDs... Whenever its in range... The quicker the better you chances of preserving the sanity and sanctity, of your teammates...

Every one else.. When its in range and circumstance allow it too..

• Cool 1

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

The answer to that is almost always, "never".   I have seen many a game lost due to a ship running off or even more frequently, half the fleet running off, to chase killing the CV across the map and just leave the game as it was.     If you have an opportunity, take it, but don't leave your current objective to make killing the CV your new objective.    That would be my answer.  If the choice is do what you were doing, or go kill CV..  Just keep doing what you were doing.  

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Meh 1