You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MeSSeD_Up

Reporting and Compliments must change

17 comments in this topic

[T-BH]
Members
12 posts
20,945 battles

I have been playing for 4 years, and I'm so fed up with the reporting and compliment features. Either fix it or get rid of them completely. It is so hard to earn compliments, and when you get them, you would like to try to keep them, or build them up. It only takes 1 person who may have a bad day or doesn't like your gameplay to ruin your compliment stats. Today I played ranked as a BB with 1 cruiser. We went to C cap. The other 4 ships went to A cap where the battle was. We held the cap and pushed to take B cap. 1 of the players asked what we were doing and that we cost them the game. We took the 2nd cap and tried protecting it. However, there were only 2 of us and the match ended. However, he had top score and I had 2 kills. Best on the team. Then I got notified that I was reported by someone who couldn't even stay alive or fight. This was just plain wrong, and it really bothered me, so I decided to start this thread hoping that WOW would do something. 

A player with a lower kill rate or score should never be able to report someone who is playing at a higher level for the team. There should be a notice stating "this player cannot be reported by you because his play outperformed yours in this match."

Please, WOW, take action and improve the report/compliment feature.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
16,747 posts
22,005 battles
49 minutes ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

Then I got notified that I was reported by someone who couldn't even stay alive or fight.

Reports are anonymous... Based on this principle... You dont know who it was that in your opinion abused the reporting system against you (Abuse of the report system is a TOS/EULA violation).

49 minutes ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

A player with a lower kill rate or score should never be able to report someone who is playing at a higher level for the team. There should be a notice stating "this player cannot be reported by you because his play outperformed yours in this match."

What you describing, is already against the rules and its a punishable by sanctions... HOWEVER... Its up to you to submit *documentation* of abuse of the reporting system to CS...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,613 posts
20,272 battles

I am a solo player, mostly Random mode.  My karma is +414. 

Trash talking can drop you quickly in a single game, poor play will usually drop your karma at a lower rate.

It really doesn't mean anything, though, so why fret about it?

[2GOOD]
Members
911 posts
20,826 battles

It means nothing so don't let it worry you.

Besides, WG won't take action to change the system as there's no money in it.

• Haha 1

[CK5]
Members
1,832 posts
20,403 battles

I keep hearing that Karma does not matter, however, if players care about it, then it matters.  

At the end of the day, I suppose players have to get used to the fact that downvotes can be given anonymously for any ridiculous reason the sender can think of, or no reason at all.  

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
51,038 battles
24 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Reports are anonymous... Based on this principle... You dont know who it was that in your opinion abused the reporting system against you (Abuse of the report system is a TOS/EULA violation).

What you describing, is already against the rules and its a punishable by sanctions... HOWEVER... Its up to you to submit *documentation* of abuse of the reporting system has accord to CS...

^^ this. If you feel you have been mistreated, then make a ticket. If WG observes a pattern, then let WG deal the damage. All you have to do is state your case.

But also, avoid feeding the trolls that incite your anger. 

I know, that is a challenge. I have been there. I know that if some players knew I found out who they were, and I was 1 foot away, they would feel their life is in peril. 

But I feel no one person deserves even retaliation save for game rules violations. 

Let WG handle it. Don't give your enemies ammunition.

Because behind those avatars and silly nicknames are people that hate themselves more than they hate you. 

Instead, to follow the advice of a former WG employee: "Be a Better Human."

That former WG employee does have a pet peeve about washing his coffee cup, so don't go there. LOL

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
51,038 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I keep hearing that Karma does not matter, however, if players care about it, then it matters.  

At the end of the day, I suppose players have to get used to the fact that downvotes can be given anonymously for any ridiculous reason the sender can think of, or no reason at all.  

Yep, I get downvoted because I am too funny and smart. Most players want some dumb guy. I do get comps for being funny. But many don't see it that way.

Votes up or down are just opinions. Like a certain orifice, everyone has one. (Ooof, smarty pants remark, my bad.)

• Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,159 posts
14,700 battles

My karma is like my savings account it's always at zero .

• Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
27,648 posts
37,962 battles
1 hour ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

I have been playing for 4 years, and I'm so fed up with the reporting and compliment features. Either fix it or get rid of them completely. It is so hard to earn compliments, and when you get them, you would like to try to keep them, or build them up. It only takes 1 person who may have a bad day or doesn't like your gameplay to ruin your compliment stats. Today I played ranked as a BB with 1 cruiser. We went to C cap. The other 4 ships went to A cap where the battle was. We held the cap and pushed to take B cap. 1 of the players asked what we were doing and that we cost them the game. We took the 2nd cap and tried protecting it. However, there were only 2 of us and the match ended. However, he had top score and I had 2 kills. Best on the team. Then I got notified that I was reported by someone who couldn't even stay alive or fight. This was just plain wrong, and it really bothered me, so I decided to start this thread hoping that WOW would do something. 

Just because you are the top XP earner doesn't mean that you actually played all that well.  It just indicates that you were productive.  The thing is that often the things you need to do to win battles isn't "productive" for XP. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,944 posts
13,559 battles
3 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Unless you're in a CV or a Sub, odds are most of the time, you've earned whatever you got, good or bad. Someone actually has to right click your name to report or compliment you, and that's more effort than most players are willing to make.

The odds of running across the same player (or clan for that matter) that will bother to report you for no reason enough to really matter is non-existent. If your Karma slowly wanders up, you obviously don't have a problem, and should just leave it at that. If it's hard pegged at zero and stays there, that's self explanatory as well.

If you're a CV player, your Karma will wander around more, but the same rules hold true.

Don't know about subs, I haven't played them enough for anyone to care, though a few people thought the school bus camo on one was funny.

Only thing that needs fixing with the reporting system is being able to right click on them in a private message while in port, and report for harassment. Anyone that's willing to PM you after a match to spew profanities at you, and tell you what you can do with yourself and the horse you rode in on, probably needs a timeout.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PAT]
Members
1,021 posts
14,336 battles

Unfortunately, kill rate and score don't necessarily mean you took the best course of action in the match. Reports about bad play or unsupporting behavior are subjective.

The best solution is to not get worked up over something that is not consequential.

[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
3,192 battles

I've done a few topics on the karma system to have it removed because it is often abused

Edited by Number9Pounder

[SUB4]
Members
992 posts
9,734 battles

When I get a karma point I give thanks to the anonymous player, and then it's done.

If some jerk takes a point because they are butthurt I can't control that. In a roundabout way, sometimes they are compliments in reality, though it is not meant that way.

If I play better than you and you get your feelings hurt, well, that's on you.

I generally will not report anyone unless their behaviour is over the top, and I have NEVER reported someone because I didn't think they played well enough. It has always been their behaviour in chat.

Yesterday, I lost 2 points for MY behaviour in chat. I owned it.

[SPTR]
Members
28,088 posts
19,937 battles

lets be honest WG put the karma system in game knowing its a useless feature to not only see what kind of players ignore it because its a useless feature, but what kind of players bring it up in the community to have it removed cause its a useless feature.

• Boring 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,622 posts
13,760 battles

My man, I get reported for simply using carriers. Please don't put too much stock in the karma stuff

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,025 posts
8,766 battles
5 hours ago, MeSSeD_Up said:

And how, pray tell, should this be determined?  BXP won't cut it.  I've seen plenty of ships, usually BBs, that hid in the back, did jack all to help win the match and then went down fighting in garbage time, taking some of the enemy their teammates had wounded with them, and placing high on the BXP chart for the team.  That doesn't mean they played well.  They did nothing when it might have made a difference and then scored some kills when the end result was inevitable.

So, not BXP.  What then?  Can you come up with a metric that works for all types of ships that almost everybody will agree is fair and unbiased?  Nobody has yet.

[HI-CS]
Members
159 posts
18,849 battles
On 4/18/2022 at 3:55 PM, MeSSeD_Up said:

It only takes 1 person who may have a bad day or doesn't like your gameplay to ruin your compliment stats

... or doesn't like CVs ...