You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Number9Pounder

problems with Clan battle player numbers

4 comments in this topic

[N9PTS]
Members
547 posts
3,192 battles

it seems as though there is very few people actually playing Clans it seems as though the number is just too low for people to participate

problem 1 is the threshold to be able to play Clan battles is too high at tier 10

the other problem is a little more complicated where people cannot fill out the roster of clanmates the easiest way I can think of is more complicated

put together with two Clans with incomplete Clan rosters to play Clan battles effectively

the other more complicated issue is trying to figure out to exclude certain ships from Clan battles that proved problematic

rather than the alternative which they've been doing for quite a long time now which is to completely discontinued Clan battles at certain tiers

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
51,038 battles

Well, part of that is WG had to gate away players that farm it instead of winning in it.

So, some clans can't actually get a team together because maybe more than half of membership is farmers by choice.

Farming is not bad in and of itself. But in a clan battle, it is a liability. Because if clans can't reach qualifications because of their farmer roster, then they don't participate.

That leaves clans that play to win.

And, oh my gosh, surprisingly that is a lot of clans that can't play the mode. 

This is actually an indicator of what is wrong with some clans and not a reflection on clans that actually work hard to win.

But now clans that play to win, have few opponents. 

This is not a surprise. It was going to happen sooner or later. 

The mode is working as intended. It is weeding out farmers. (Pun intended) LOL

I certainly hope the competitive clans, that want to actually win, appreciate this outcome. This is what they wanted. 

If Randoms was actually Random, that would have been a fun mode too. But that is still a mode that has problems. 

And I hear Brawls has issues with sync dropping. So, not every mode has a fun factor. 

[_TKS_]
[_TKS_]
Members
1,494 posts
16,012 battles
1 hour ago, Number9Pounder said:

it seems as though

you need to find a new clan. or work to make your clan CB ready. the choice is yours. clans takes coordination to field a team and work to have your team win. that "just let me just click and PLAY" tone will translate in an approach to CB that will translate into your team becoming cannon fodder. CB has a barrier to entry, its not by design, but keeps you out of trouble. its part of the challenge! 

CB is absolutely a viable product as it is. there are no participation trophies. the Merc System is generous and your clan should lever it. 

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
267 posts
10,021 battles
2 hours ago, Number9Pounder said:

it seems as though there is very few people actually playing Clans it seems as though the number is just too low for people to participate

problem 1 is the threshold to be able to play Clan battles is too high at tier 10

the other problem is a little more complicated where people cannot fill out the roster of clanmates the easiest way I can think of is more complicated

put together with two Clans with incomplete Clan rosters to play Clan battles effectively

the other more complicated issue is trying to figure out to exclude certain ships from Clan battles that proved problematic

rather than the alternative which they've been doing for quite a long time now which is to completely discontinued Clan battles at certain tiers

Currently you can have up to 3 mercenaries play for your team in Clan Battles, so you can find people outside your clan to help.
One excellent place to look is on the WoWS official Discord, or the King of the Sea (KOTS) Discord, you can usually find people at high levels of skill who are happy to come merc for a night!