Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wolfshield58

Naval Battles need to change

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

18
[-TCO-]
Members
65 posts
21,493 battles

How about rotating the naval battles every week like the operations are? Base XP one week then Damage then Ribbons. I feel that a lot more people would participate then.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[PIXEL]
Members
477 posts
34,352 battles

having a smaller jump in xp earnings from the first to second step would be much more fair and encouraging to

PVE players.

 

no doubt this has been mentioned before

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[PHLNX]
Members
556 posts
14,636 battles

This was a particularly tough Naval Battle weekend. I realize it is equally tough for both teams,  but there was a strong sense of dissatisfaction at not getting a decent number of stars because the bars jumped so high so quickly. Many of my clan gave up when the bars went over 1000 BXP right away.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,771
[CO-OP]
Members
3,734 posts
37,497 battles

Too many weeks of BXP and too many big bar jumps,  by doing this they are just killing any interest there is in this contest. Lately I've been turning it on and ignoring it, if I make a bar fair enough, if I don't who cares.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,159
[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles
2 hours ago, Efros said:

Too many weeks of BXP and too many big bar jumps,  by doing this they are just killing any interest there is in this contest. Lately I've been turning it on and ignoring it, if I make a bar fair enough, if I don't who cares.

That's one more step than I'm taking.

BXP weekends I just leave it off.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[IROCZ]
Members
10 posts
16,494 battles

Need to rotate between base xp, damage and ribbons every week, I think damage and ribbons has been one time this year each. The steps between need to be more reasonable as well, the large steps won't drive us to play more random battles.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,710
[HOP4S]
Members
6,997 posts
35,454 battles
8 hours ago, Wolfshield58 said:

How about rotating the naval battles every week like the operations are? Base XP one week then Damage then Ribbons. I feel that a lot more people would participate then.

@Ahskance & @Boggzy this ^^^^^  is a really good idea....  The PVE clans really get screwed and it's getting old....  I doubt the game could exist without PVE mains and clans.  And, it just makes sense to be "one house" versus a divided house...

Can you two explain why NB's are mostly BXP....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,247 battles

I have to agree.

While I may be a member of a clan which is about doing your own thing ... one of the things I want to do is contribute to my clan. Naval Battles gives me another way of doing that.

I recall a post last year from @Princess_Daystar which, I think, covered this topic very well. It took forever to find it, and I can only find a reference to the original post (which I can't find) but I think it's the best solution to this Naval Battle mess:

The post is at

Here is the text:

They need to rotate weeks. i proposed a schedule that would allow for BXP to still be the standard, but it would be rotated out..so it wasnt such a constant thing, and for prosperity sake ill repost it here.

 

Week 1: Base EXP(200/400/600/800/1000)

Week 2: Ribbons

Week 3: Base Exp(300/600/900/1200/1500)

Week 4: Damage

Week 5: Base EXP(400/800/1200/1600/2000)

Week 6: Ribbons

Week 7: Base EXP(500/1000/1500/2000)

Week 8: Damage

 

This allows Base EXP to stay the standard and most common Naval battles. 50% of them would be base exp, with the remaining 50% being split between damage and ribbons. along with allowing for a set rotation to be made, it levels out the playing field a tad, and stops such ridiculous jumps like the current week.. Having standardized rotations for naval battles would help with alot with player schedules too, and the well deserved  "Base exp every week" complaint would die off.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
50 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

@Ahskance & @Boggzy this ^^^^^  is a really good idea....  The PVE clans really get screwed and it's getting old....  I doubt the game could exist without PVE mains and clans.  And, it just makes sense to be "one house" versus a divided house...

Can you two explain why NB's are mostly BXP....?

Ping me about this tomorrow during work hours to remind me, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,247 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Ping me about this tomorrow during work hours to remind me, please. 

No disrespect intended mate, but I figure I'll save you some time.

Both you and @Boggzywere active in a thread which discussed this very topic, in which the suggestion was made, last November.

The post I quoted above from @Princess_Daystarpinged Boggzy asking if this could be made to happen.

He spelled out the answer:

The text of which is:

It’s not a secret and I have no qualms saying this again:

Random battles is the primary game mode.  
 

Naval Battles are centered around Random battles.  
 

I respect the PvE community, but this argument about Naval Battles somehow being a sign of WG disrespect is consistently missing the mark.  
 

Naval Battles are the most basic form of clan vs clan functionality the game has.  It’s passive and the only requirement is to the play the primary game mode.  It’s a super simple measure of a clan organizing to achieve an objective, and part of that is you cannot simply play coop and expect to out-compete another clan.  It’s that simple.  

So the answer is simple: Naval battles are about Random, not COOP and that's really all there is to it.

*edit* Typo ... clan for naval

Edited by SunkCostFallacy
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,760
[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

So the answer is simple: Naval battles are about Random, not COOP and that's really all there is to it.

Pretty much.

Clan organizing is key.

Some variation of dividing up the different possible attempts, and the levels needs to be made, for maximum efficiency when a clan does NB.

Top dogs can’t just sweep everything up if a clan wants more members to participate.

Low skill more casual players need to take the lower blocks. Players with higher skill need to take the higher blocks.

To a certain extent, which game mode clan members play doesn’t matter; as long as a clan organizes their attempts for best efficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i'll say it again...    bxp weeks especially high bxp means I don't play at all that week... or extremely little if there is no event around that interests me.

i also do not play NB just for the oil... i play to win, so i pick my weeks..   

I will play damage, ribbons and 200-250bxp (to start) and thats about it.  

 

so yeah i don't care if randoms are wg's primary focus, they lose a player playing the game at all during high bxp weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,710
[HOP4S]
Members
6,997 posts
35,454 battles
8 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

No disrespect intended mate, but I figure I'll save you some time.

Both you and @Boggzywere active in a thread which discussed this very topic, in which the suggestion was made, last November.

The post I quoted above from @Princess_Daystarpinged Boggzy asking if this could be made to happen.

He spelled out the answer:

The text of which is:

It’s not a secret and I have no qualms saying this again:

Random battles is the primary game mode.  
 

Naval Battles are centered around Random battles.  
 

I respect the PvE community, but this argument about Naval Battles somehow being a sign of WG disrespect is consistently missing the mark.  
 

Naval Battles are the most basic form of clan vs clan functionality the game has.  It’s passive and the only requirement is to the play the primary game mode.  It’s a super simple measure of a clan organizing to achieve an objective, and part of that is you cannot simply play coop and expect to out-compete another clan.  It’s that simple.  

So the answer is simple: Naval battles are about Random, not COOP and that's really all there is to it.

*edit* Typo ... clan for naval

Spot on and I will "ping them" today.

What they are missing is that Naval Battles are a PVP "primer".....  If we can get PVE mains to participate in an event that involves PVP activities, many PVE mains may just try some PVP to help their clans.....  Like Brawls or Clan Battles.

What happens under the existing paradigms, many PVE main clans have a few players whom accomplish all of the COOP tasks before Prime Time members are on.....  Which leaves "nothing the COOP mains" can accomplish......  So, Naval Battles are training PVE mains to simply "ignore the weekly event completely"......   Even on Ribbon days, we have to remind clan mates that this week, it isn't BXP so that they will at least look  !!!

His response is reflects a preference he carriers and shows an immaturity in dealing with complex, small niche markets and their customers....   He's simply parroting the corporate mantra reinforced by his own preferences.......  Some of us are long retired from significantly larger international, small niche markets where comments made above in the sample you provided would end up in a monthly performance review with additional training on the #1 topic in small niche markets:  the customer is always right - because, there aren't that many of them and every one of them can "cancel" our product......

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
73 posts
12,236 battles

Why would a company think it's customers can be coerced into doing something they do not want to do? Players play PVE for a reason, they enjoy that mode and enjoying the game is what it is all about. Let them enjoy and help them enjoy that mode would be the best philosophy for WG. PVE players buy ships, premium time, etc. too.

  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,449
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles
9 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

No disrespect intended mate, but I figure I'll save you some time.

Yeah, no worries at all! 

My head has a limited amount of RAM and I'll forget about things that aren't in front of me.  I check the forums multiple times a day, but I leave my work computer at work to help me... work less? from home.  So, if I'm pinged late a night I don't have access to my work computer to write emails/questions, and the ping is cleared when I read it :(

Pinging me during work hours just means I have the easiest time following up because I'm right there as opposed to trying to remember 12 hours later.
 

9 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Both you and @Boggzywere active in a thread which discussed this very topic, in which the suggestion was made, last November.

The post I quoted above from @Princess_Daystarpinged Boggzy asking if this could be made to happen.

Yes, I remember the Base XP for Naval Battle issues well.  It resulted in several hours of internal talk back when I just had just joined the company.

I have suggestions I can forward on how to make Base XP work for all involved, but the issue is always "Dev Time".  Thanks for reminding me about this, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,692 battles
On 4/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, wyoedbrown said:

This was a particularly tough Naval Battle weekend. I realize it is equally tough for both teams,  but there was a strong sense of dissatisfaction at not getting a decent number of stars because the bars jumped so high so quickly. Many of my clan gave up when the bars went over 1000 BXP right away.

As of this post, it was indeed bad.  THIS weekend is 350 to 1150.  How DUMB!  Knock it off WoWs!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,159
[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles
1 minute ago, Jonas_Brent said:

As of this post, it was indeed bad.  THIS weekend is 350 to 1150.  How DUMB!  Knock it off WoWs!!

Thank you for letting me know I can leave it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

thanks for bringing this up again... at least this week at 350 to start it stops you even bothering...   last week's 200/1000 was a disappointment.  Thankfully my opponent only did 4 stars...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

c'mon wg this looks like a simple change to make that would increase player participation.  I play alot more during weeks where the NB goals are more achievable in coop, and I can't be the only one...

 

 

edit:  it doesn't have to be a change in the rotation, but just an adjustment to the bxp goals would help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,652 posts
6 hours ago, SKurj said:

c'mon wg this looks like a simple change to make that would increase player participation.  I play alot more during weeks where the NB goals are more achievable in coop, and I can't be the only one...

 

 

edit:  it doesn't have to be a change in the rotation, but just an adjustment to the bxp goals would help.

You should know that's not going to happen deep down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,692 battles
On 8/5/2022 at 3:07 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

Thank you for letting me know I can leave it off.

If it happens next week, I'm turning it off as well ... maybe permanently this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×