Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptinKen

Clan Battles Season 17

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

83
[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
254 posts
31,978 battles

Can we get some clarification on this. (Clan Battles*Season 17: Caiman We recently announced the 17th season of Clan Battles. The season will run from May 25 to July 11 on Tier X ships and superships in a 7 vs. 7 format. A team cannot have more than one battleship and two superships.) 

1. Does this mean we can only have 1 BB? 

2.  If the Div has a BB can the two superships also be BBs? (Giving a total of three BBs)     

I am assuming  that we can only have 1 BB and that BB can be a supership. Or that you can run one regular BB and than a combination of two superships CA or DDs.                                                                                                                                  

Edited by CaptinKen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[F4E]
Members
605 posts
10,553 battles

Not sure they have finalized the decision here yet.  I don't think a lot of people are happy about the inclusion of the super ships, so ALL is subject to change.

I believe the initial thought was to allow up to 1 BB (whether it be a super ships or not), and up to 2 super ships.  CV's, Petro, Kleber will be banned.

Thus you would not be allowed 3 BB's (1 T10 and 2 Superships) as that would exceed the 1 BB rule.  As of now, they are saying you can only have 1 BB (which of course could be a super BB or a T10).

 

I feel the interesting question will be whether there is a limit of 1 for each ship (ex. only 1 Moskva or Conde) or whether you could take 2 Moskva's or Conde's.  I really don't see the Kleber as too OP a ship to warrant a ban unless they were doing away with the only 1 of each ship (as 2x or 3x Kleber can really work well together).

If that's the case, multiple Conde will probably be a go to, and TBH, not sure it's good for the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[PHLNX]
Members
556 posts
14,636 battles
59 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

 

I believe the initial thought was to allow up to 1 BB (whether it be a super ships or not), and up to 2 super ships.  CV's, Petro, Kleber will be banned.

Thus you would not be allowed 3 BB's (1 T10 and 2 Superships) as that would exceed the 1 BB rule.  As of now, they are saying you can only have 1 BB (which of course could be a super BB or a T10).

 

I feel the interesting question will be whether there is a limit of 1 for each ship (ex. only 1 Moskva or Conde) or whether you could take 2 Moskva's or Conde's.

Bogzy answered these questions on another thread. Only one BB, period. Two supers and one can be your sole BB leaving you one super slot available. Duplicates WILL be allowed.

I am not liking the inclusion of superships. I think the same reasoning that lead WG to banning some ships will be a problem with the supers. Clans who have them will do better than clans without them on average.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[F4E]
Members
605 posts
10,553 battles
14 hours ago, wyoedbrown said:

Bogzy answered these questions on another thread. Only one BB, period. Two supers and one can be your sole BB leaving you one super slot available. Duplicates WILL be allowed.

I am not liking the inclusion of superships. I think the same reasoning that lead WG to banning some ships will be a problem with the supers. Clans who have them will do better than clans without them on average.

I find it almost comical that they are going to ban Petro/Kleber as they are too OP (which they are), BUT THEN, allow super ships which are essentially by definition OP ships.

Most games love the idea of having a strong competitive aspect to their game.  E-sports can really help popularity and visibility.  It feels like WG almost purposely destroys it.  I could go on and on about how little support, effort, resources, or really even basic management is involved for any of the competitive areas.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[TIRP]
[TIRP]
Members
222 posts
34,281 battles

    What is WG scared of by not allowing the Petro in the last and the new clan battle season? No doubt that match making will totally lop sided . I can go along with the idea of duplicates but I don't see where the petro and stallin are the same. Why not be fair about it by banning the stallin this time seeing the petro was banned last season. WG afraid that the Petro will hurt the super ships more than the stallin ? 

Better yet just ban CV's and subs .

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
513
[-HUGS]
Members
972 posts
13,164 battles

@Ahskance, last time we had a discussion around this topic (super ships and clan battles),  you were going to check if ;

A- we could get access to a super ship rental possibly.
B- if anything would be done regarding the economy. Considering a CB often establish roles for players, and the possibility of losing credits is real. (IIRC, a loss is 250k credits, so that doesn't cover the base 360k service cost).


I'm sorry if you posted the information and I just missed it... But if not, I'd be interested if you got more information to share at this point. Thank you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,445
[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Argamas said:

@Ahskance, last time we had a discussion around this topic (super ships and clan battles),  you were going to check if ;

A- we could get access to a super ship rental possibly.
B- if anything would be done regarding the economy. Considering a CB often establish roles for players, and the possibility of losing credits is real. (IIRC, a loss is 250k credits, so that doesn't cover the base 360k service cost).


I'm sorry if you posted the information and I just missed it... But if not, I'd be interested if you got more information to share at this point. Thank you.

Thanks for the reminder!

A) Superships will not be provided as a Rental Option.  They are not required for the Clan Battle season, though having one could certainly be useful.

B) Clan Battles award 300k Credits for a Win and 150k Credits for a Loss.  The Supership Service Cost is not changed for Clan Battles, so it would operate at a loss unless +Credit signals/camos are used.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,858
[ARR0W]
Members
6,146 posts
32,898 battles

Methinks the Venturi tube of the reworked WoWS economy will be Credits. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[ARMAS]
[ARMAS]
Members
17 posts
13,074 battles

One question: Its possible to duplicate ships? Meaning 2 Shimas or 2 Condè, etc...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[PHLNX]
Members
556 posts
14,636 battles
1 minute ago, PanchoAMD said:

One question: Its possible to duplicate ships? Meaning 2 Shimas or 2 Condè, etc...

 

Yes, that is correct. Bogzy posted that answer on another thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[ARMAS]
[ARMAS]
Members
17 posts
13,074 battles
2 hours ago, wyoedbrown said:

Yes, that is correct. Bogzy posted that answer on another thread. 

Can you point me to that post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,552
[X-PN]
Members
3,836 posts
17,720 battles
On 5/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, Ahskance said:

Thanks for the reminder!

A) Superships will not be provided as a Rental Option.  They are not required for the Clan Battle season, though having one could certainly be useful.

B) Clan Battles award 300k Credits for a Win and 150k Credits for a Loss.  The Supership Service Cost is not changed for Clan Battles, so it would operate at a loss unless +Credit signals/camos are used.

That's not very nice.... basically force players to lose credits to be competitive.... Also....  I seem to remember CB paying more credits in the past....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[F4E]
Members
605 posts
10,553 battles
On 5/16/2022 at 1:27 PM, Ahskance said:

Thanks for the reminder!

A) Superships will not be provided as a Rental Option.  They are not required for the Clan Battle season, though having one could certainly be useful.

B) Clan Battles award 300k Credits for a Win and 150k Credits for a Loss.  The Supership Service Cost is not changed for Clan Battles, so it would operate at a loss unless +Credit signals/camos are used.

A) is a laughable response.  If this is supposed to be a competitive mode, you won't be very competitive without.  It would be like taking T9's in a T10 CB season...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[PLONK]
[PLONK]
Members
84 posts
7,703 battles
On 5/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, Ahskance said:

Thanks for the reminder!

A) Superships will not be provided as a Rental Option.  They are not required for the Clan Battle season, though having one could certainly be useful. 

B) Clan Battles award 300k Credits for a Win and 150k Credits for a Loss.  The Supership Service Cost is not changed for Clan Battles, so it would operate at a loss unless +Credit signals/camos are used.

A is a absolutely destabilizing wrongheaded idea  and will be  outrageously impactful on the lower tiers of the clan season .  this will lead to many  low tier clans just capitulating and not participating in this season of clan battles. (to be honest i assumed there would be rentals of superships do to the OBVIOUS destabilizing influence a lack of them would cause... )

B is a regrettable stance for a competitive social mode , economic disincentive to even  participate...  this will only exacerbate the problematic nature of point A .

To grow and thrive a game like WOWS needs to foster a sense of community and group engagement. the clan system and clan battles are the heart of community engagement. when you effectively create economic barriers to the core of community play you de-facto discourage the growth of said community.(and likely encourage community migration to a different arena)   It is incumbent on you, the community managers to stand up and protect the health of the community and community play and call out these avoidable errors in policy.

IF the policy stands, I will guarantee there will be  meaningful attenuation in the participation level in this season of Clan Battles especially at lower tiers.  I am sure if you fire up Tableau and build a model i am sure you will find many of the lower tier clans are generally in the credit poor state and will be at a disadvantage for acquiring superships . this kind of disadvantage  sows the seeds of disengagement.

@Ahskance @Boggzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×