You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

What Is WG Up To

11 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,698 battles

OK so jump online 30 minutes before the second set of combat missions for the dockyard are about to start, OK so that's good.

A quick check of Italian DD tasks don't start for 20 hours so the info tell me OK fine.

That was at 7. 27 PM Australian time hence the 33 minutes to dockyard events 8 pm.

So play a few games cross the 8 pm mark, do a few things come back and play in my KII must be after 8 30 pm, games a disaster, ends then I am bumped out at about 8.50 PM, goes to super ship screen with logging icon going in circles endlessly and not logging back in.

So I quit game completely restart log in from scratch, get into game and find Italian DD event is on, either WG pulled a Philadelphia Experiment and 20 hours just vanished because when you are bumped from a sever to new one you at least get preliminary game report  with minimal battle details.

My battle report for my KIi has nothing

THE PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT STORY

shot-22_04.18_21_05.18-0304.thumb.jpg.9755c97b336c110864cdcee6429436ab.jpg

What are you up to WG

image.png

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles

Looking at the times yesterday, I too thought the Italian DD tasks started tomorrow.

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,698 battles
27 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Looking at the times yesterday, I too thought the Italian DD tasks started tomorrow.

Something screwy going on here, they better not change it back as it stands now its fine that it has started a day early but the offset is there is now 1 day early and finishes one day earlier and  you probable have people who may have not been playing tonight, and you always have people who only play occasionally.

They may now have lost day more or less, nothing worse than trying to finish 20 missions on the last day.     

[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

The Italian Token (DD and camo) event is starting again this week ?

I'm close to the T8 camo, so plan to get into it.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,643 battles

Hey, @tm63au

I'm a little confused here - what exactly do you feel went wrong besides what sounds like a disconnection issue?  Am I missing something?

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles
38 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

Hey, @tm63au

I'm a little confused here - what exactly do you feel went wrong besides what sounds like a disconnection issue?  Am I missing something?

Yesterday the timer indicated the next stage would start on Tuesday.

Today it started again.

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,698 battles
5 hours ago, Boggzy said:

Hey, @tm63au

I logged in the game at about 30 minutes before the reset, it said the Italian missions would start in 20 hours time.

The reset happens at 8 pm Australian time this happened, at about 8.30 pm I played a random game in KII  it finished about 8 .50 pm that's around 50 minutes after the reset.

Got bumped from game with this image below on screen with  " the logging in " small circle spinning endlessly round.

Superships in the Tech Tree | World of Warships

I had to exit game completely and restart game client when i got back in the Italian missions had started. 

Now either the start times for Italian missions were wrong on the mission page or they were brought forward by a day.

Its fine by me i play everyday but some people don't which means if they didn't play they have lost a day because the event will end a day early now.

And like I said in a previous post when events are time limited and you have players that only play occasionally it means they have to do catch up.

So for example if some plays x amount of hours for 1 or 2 days a week or on the weekend only that person now has double time it because of the early start.

Granted that is probably a small % of players and the Italian missions are not to extreme.

But i have been in situations where its the last day of a event and i am scrambling to do the last 20 missions of multiple events and just scraped in after doing a all day grind.

The first benham event comes to mind where I had to play over 80 games on the last day to get the dam ship in that horrid savage battle mode.    

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles

I seem to recall the timer for the 'Clash of Courage' team event and a few others were off on start times as well.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
12 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Luckily???  (my dogs woke me up at 2 AM), I was awake at 4 AM MT when new missions started.  At 3:59, the Dockyard showed 1 minute to go and the Italian DDs showed 20 hours.  I play my first battle, get some decdent stats, look at my missions, and I find DD missions accumulating.  I go back to missions and they are now magically started.  WG must be testing out some new camos on mission times.

[TO07]
Members
4,303 posts
31,698 battles
5 hours ago, kyesac said:

Luckily???  (my dogs woke me up at 2 AM), I was awake at 4 AM MT when new missions started.  At 3:59, the Dockyard showed 1 minute to go and the Italian DDs showed 20 hours.  I play my first battle, get some decdent stats, look at my missions, and I find DD missions accumulating.  I go back to missions and they are now magically started.  WG must be testing out some new camos on mission times.

Exactly that is what I was trying to convey and MODs right back that they don't know what I'm talking about as if I'm senile and losing it.