Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MN1234

Apology Owed

17 comments in this topic

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles

I need to apologize to the players that were in the random tonight where I lost my cool.

I get so tired of being focused on by the enemy while my teammates are somehow left alone, and my crosshair suddenly stops working where I can't hit a damned thing.

Earlier today I couldn't miss, now suddenly I can't hit a thing? And I'm being focused on from the start of the match?

Needless to say I got angry and I let my anger get the best of me in chat.

I want to apologize to those players and I won't let it happen again. That's not me.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles

Happens to us all.  Nobody keeps it together all the time~

Good on you for making this post.  Caring for random strangers is a great trait and is to be commended <3

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

Happens to us all.  Nobody keeps it together all the time~

Good on you for making this post.  Caring for random strangers is a great trait and is to be commended <3

Thank you. 

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
6 hours ago, MN1234 said:

I need to apologize to the players that were in the random tonight where I lost my cool.

I get so tired of being focused on by the enemy while my teammates are somehow left alone, and my crosshair suddenly stops working where I can't hit a damned thing.

Earlier today I couldn't miss, now suddenly I can't hit a thing? And I'm being focused on from the start of the match?

Needless to say I got angry and I let my anger get the best of me in chat.

I want to apologize to those players and I won't let it happen again. That's not me.

Awww, nice of you to apologize. But a Captain never apologizes for anything at sea. Why, we live in an age of irresponsible behavior the likes of which history will call it: "Things you do on social settings that will haunt you until you drop dead." Era.

Yes, such an era of no accountability, just lies, more lies, and then add some lies with a pillow. Until the lies lay still. 

OP, you should never be ashamed of what you do. Because everyone has done it. So, be a part of the trend like purple hair, or crazy coffee combos, odd eccentric cats, etc. 

It is okay. Because society has deemed it so. Catch the wave. Ride it until you die. 

Never take responsibility. That is for decent folks. None of us are decent in the first place.

Take the descent into the heart of Darkness, and not the heart of Dorkness. Be bad. Because good is boring. Dorks don't get paid. But bad gets laid.

Even Superman is pissed he has to rescue a little kitty when he should be getting all the kitty he wants.

Yet, we put heroes on a pedestal. And then we kill their memory by destroying what they fought for.

Society could change. But into what I have no clue. I am no social scientist.

But what I see in the past few years looks more like we lost to chaos and science is dead.

I will see you out there, fellow captain.

Just remember, it is but a game you play with people. 

At least you don't play with people's lives. 

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Meh 2

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
33 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Awww, nice of you to apologize. But a Captain never apologizes for anything at sea. Why, we live in an age of irresponsible behavior the likes of which history will call it: "Things you do on social settings that will haunt you until you drop dead." Era.

Yes, such an era of no accountability, just lies, more lies, and then add some lies with a pillow. Until the lies lay still. 

OP, you should never be ashamed of what you do. Because everyone has done it. So, be a part of the trend like purple hair, or crazy coffee combos, odd eccentric cats, etc. 

It is okay. Because society has deemed it so. Catch the wave. Ride it until you die. 

Never take responsibility. That is for decent folks. None of us are decent in the first place.

Take the descent into the heart of Darkness, and not the heart of Dorkness. Be bad. Because good is boring. Dorks don't get paid. But bad gets laid.

Even Superman is pissed he has to rescue a little kitty when he should be getting all the kitty he wants.

Yet, we put heroes on a pedestal. And then we kill their memory by destroying what they fought for.

Society could change. But into what I have no clue. I am no social scientist.

But what I see in the past few years looks more like we lost to chaos and science is dead.

I will see you out there, fellow captain.

Just remember, it is but a game you play with people. 

Well articulated, but as for me and my house, we shall worship the Lord.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles
39 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Awww, nice of you to apologize...

The venue has some to do with it, I would think. It is intended to be a high tension/anxiety. The playstyle and format have a great deal to do with it.

And also I think if both teams started the bouts at speed, meaning as fast as the slowest vessel people would might feel a bit more in control, and able to react.

While also placing both teams on more even footing. This is more simply a free-for-all format. That part is just left unsaid.

It's up to the player to develop some connections in game for better teams.

I find it difficult to be apologetic, but it is nice when those of us try and admit to our problems, issues, behavior, etc.

Especially unprompted. Guilt can be an effective tool. That's some of what helps keep us civil.

Hard to say if it all drifts that way. I don't think society is condemned to such bleakness for certain. It certainly could go that way.

But it does not have to. Corporations are largely to blame for a great many ills. They lust for mindless masses to harvest currency from.

That is the greater threat, corporate power.

Some sense-able words you have tho'. And a well learned lesson. Being vigilant(in terms of human society) is imperative.

A little bit of luck and perseverance, and we may yet make to a mature space-faring race. Who have horizons greater than just the one we see.

I'm not especially religious. So, I don't place much emphasis there. I think we will be okay without gods.

Edited by iamSamoth

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Amen to that. We will see what happens at sea. 

Amen

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
2 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

The venue has some to do with it. It is intended to be a high tension/anxiety. The playstyle and format have a great deal to do with it.

I think if both teams started the bouts at speed, meaning as fast as the slowest vessel people would feel a bit more in control, and able to react.

While also placing both teams on more even footing. This is more simply a free-for-all format. That part is just left unsaid.

I find it difficult to be apologetic, but it is nice when those of us try and admit to our problems, issues, behavior, etc.

Especially unprompted. Guilt can be an effective tool. That's some of what helps keep us civil.

Hard to say if it all drifts that way. I don't think society is condemned to such bleakness for certain. It certainly could go that way.

But it does not have to. Corporations are largely to blame for a great many ills. They lust for mindless masses to harvest currency from.

Some sense-able words you have tho'. And a well learned lesson. Being vigilant(in terms of human society) is imperative.

A little bit of luck and perseverance, and we may yet make to a mature space-faring race. Who have horizons greater than just the one we see.

We can hope but as history tells us, the center cannot hold. Things fall apart.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles
1 minute ago, MN1234 said:

We can hope but as history tells us, the center cannot hold. Things fall apart.

I dunno rich people will always want someone to make them a sandwich.

Edited by iamSamoth

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
4 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

The venue has some to do with it, I would think. It is intended to be a high tension/anxiety. The playstyle and format have a great deal to do with it.

And also I think if both teams started the bouts at speed, meaning as fast as the slowest vessel people would might feel a bit more in control, and able to react.

I'm not especially religious. So, I don't place much emphasis there. I think we will be okay without gods.

Everyone is free to believe as they will, and some may feel like they are ok without gods.

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
1 minute ago, iamSamoth said:

I dunno rich people will always want someone to make them a sandwich.

Had to reply as notifications are not working for me.

So true.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
2,389 posts
10,243 battles

issac asimov said magic is simply technology we dont yet understand.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
2 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

The venue has some to do with it. It is intended to be a high tension/anxiety. The playstyle and format have a great deal to do with it.

I think if both teams started the bouts at speed, meaning as fast as the slowest vessel people would feel a bit more in control, and able to react.

I am often pegged as one who pints out the obvious when some overcomplicate it. And yet I have no pegleg. 

Vigilance is the cornerstone of freedom. Freedom of expression is one of many freedoms. But even speech has a price, if the words cause casualties. 

Like you say, some companies see people as a marketing number in the name of profit. But not all companies are like this. 

There are good companies out there. But they are not lauded enough for what they do. Nor do such companies seek attention for their accomplishments. Such companies let the work speak for itself.

If humans want any measure of respect for one another, then it starts with what you have done, what you have for others, and what you stand for, over time. 

Our society, and I mean the whole world, needs to seriously ask itself, what it is to be a sensible human and how can such a human make a difference for others. 

For we are dealing with not just greed from corporations, but from individuals as well. 

This is nothing new. We can all gaslight the bad guys, but they always find a way to sway public opinion. The bad guys are always good at controlling the narrative. 

It is only when a thinking person ask the tough questions, digs deeper, and does any one person find the truth.

But some truths are bad for the public. 

I hope to see it get better.

But if not, I will stand watch and only step in when asked to. 

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,327 battles

But, it is you. It's the WG addicted player in you....  Many of us can forgive it, because many of us do it too. Live and let live, then move on to the next. We all have bad moments, and you will do it again, as have we.

• Thanks 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
29 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

issac asimov said magic is simply technology we dont yet understand.

My faith is not faith in magic. I get what you are saying though.

Does the car mechanic negate the car designer? No. That would be rediculous.

Sign in to follow this