You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Yuro on French Bias .. er .. Condé and friends

18 comments in this topic

[USCC]
[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
331 posts
30,484 battles

Love my.playing only coop avr.base exp around 1000.cash using camo 20% best game 100tys worse -50tys.must games around 20,-50tys plus.im louded with good camos

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles
43 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I can't wait to try her.  Let me check my wallet.

https://youtu.be/wwW9B3d13Bg

45 million credits and she is yours. I love mine.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles

Um. Yeah.

I wonder when WoWs will twig about Credit cards...

[ARGSY]
Members
1,079 posts
14,757 battles

I am only 50% in randoms but this ship just owns ranked. Not only is it good but it may be one of the most fun ships that you could possibly ask for. I have hit 24 240mm HE rounds in one salvo. Not unusual to get 20 or more. 

Edited by handybilly

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

I bought it but I haven't played it yet, hope it does good in Co-op. The biggest problem I have with Super Ships is putting a high point commander on them, I put a 6 point Maximus Prime on Annapolis. I just don't think I will play them enough in Co-op, mostly because I can't guarantee a mostly bot battle. Bring back the only 2 human glitch or let me pick how many bots I want on my team.

Got lucky and got an all bot team, I was playing at 2 AM though. Conde acquitted herself quite well for a maiden battle and boasted a 245,819 credit surplus, which might sound really good but 200,000 of it was from a mission.

image.thumb.png.3519965ac6e2b3a2867ce7bf53c48454.png

image.thumb.png.30c836a12a8676ed9581f1cbf392e3dc.png

image.thumb.png.89a26b98df6ba24296c1c8bac4c062a7.png

image.thumb.png.6c292615135c93749aaa8de3a82edeef.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
22,322 battles

That video should come with a seizure warning lol.

I'm not sold on the super ships being good for the game.  I tried them and the Conde was the most fun but certainly wasn't earning many credits, which is a design choice. If I get one it will be this ship. 

[PHD]
Members
2,236 posts
10,021 battles

Don't know the particulars of this ship, but the HE on the main battery guns of the Champagne have a 50% fire chance. 

Mostly a CoOp DD player but I do like French ships. Even though I am an IJN main. 

Had  CoOp match in the Marceau last night,  5 kills and 198,000 damage. 

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

No doubt Conde is a lot of fun to play...but it's also disgustingly OP with the alt fire + reload booster...It's really bad for the game in PvP settings...as are SS in general...

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

My guess is they put out an OP ship and in six months after sales begin to fall off, they will nerf it.

What sales?  These Super Ships aren't Premium Ships.  They cost only a few million credits to acquire.  They need a lot of credits to keep operating, but that's nothing that a few games in regular ships making credits can't handle.

Despite these things having been in test for a long time now for everyone to get to know real well, statements like yours keep popping up:  Like this is going to cost real money to get and play these things.  They don't.  Captain Average Joe can acquire and operate these things for free.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
1,503 posts
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What sales?  These Super Ships aren't Premium Ships.  They cost only a few million credits to acquire.  They need a lot of credits to keep operating, but that's nothing that a few games in regular ships making credits can't handle.

Despite these things having been in test for a long time now for everyone to get to know real well, statements like yours keep popping up:  Like this is going to cost real money to get and play these things.  They don't.  Captain Average Joe can acquire and operate these things for free.

I understand that you don't think of credits as real money.  However, some people do spend 'real' money to buy credits.  So my point kinda stands.  They will treat this like a  'Premium' ship.  They put it out as OP,  knowing it is bad for the game, and after they have gotten pretty much all they are gonna get out of it, they will nerf it and put out the next 'latest and greatest'.  Just my opinion.

• Sad 1

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That all makes sense...but I've already seen a bunch of posts where people spent $ on credits to buy them...yeah that's crazy...but WG is absolutely making money off SS  /shrug   /boggle

• Sad 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I understand that you don't think of credits as real money.  However, some people do spend 'real' money to buy credits.  So my point kinda stands.  They will treat this like a  'Premium' ship.  They put it out as OP,  knowing it is bad for the game, and after they have gotten pretty much all they are gonna get out of it, they will nerf it and put out the next 'latest and greatest'.  Just my opinion.

Just now, Almedius said:

That all makes sense...but I've already seen a bunch of posts where people spent $ on credits to buy them...yeah that's crazy...but WG is absolutely making money off SS  /shrug   /boggle

It's very obvious that most of the player base wasn't around for the days when running Tier X was prohibitively expensive.  What I said about people playing mid tiers to fund their X gaming was the norm, and for today's player base it seems that idea boggles the mind.

If people are actually blowing real money to operate ships that could be acquired and operated for free, that's insanely stupid.  But then again, I recall how bad the player base is with the game in general so it all makes sense.  They don't need to blow money.  Credits are the easiest resource to acquire in the game.  Easier than FreeXP.  Requires far less time than Coal, which is accumulated for free easily, but demands a lot of time.  Steel requires the player to battle it out a lot in Ranked and Clan Battles.  Credits just falls from the sky.