Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

"Poor Nakhimov player... He had the fastest game of his life"

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

17,291
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles

Not my content, ran into this in WoWS reddit.  I felt it was funny enough to share.  Lord knows we can use some humor around here, even if it comes at the expense of one of us.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
964
[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,582 battles
20 minutes ago, VorTex_Eagle875 said:

That was me, oof

edit: wasn’t even mad

Sorry amigo. Thanks for being a good sport, God knows I would have been cursing out loud.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
227
[PHLNX]
Members
556 posts
14,636 battles

Oh my, Vortex_Eagle. I've had that done to me in Des Moines, so I always run det flags now. Sweet when you catch someone like that though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,871
[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,389 posts
29,459 battles
1 hour ago, VorTex_Eagle875 said:

That was me, oof

edit: wasn’t even mad

I gave you a thumbs up, despite my hatred of carriers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,010
[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,350 posts
3,035 battles
1 hour ago, wyoedbrown said:

Oh my, Vortex_Eagle. I've had that done to me in Des Moines, so I always run det flags now. Sweet when you catch someone like that though! 

 

CVs cant be detonated. The det flags wouldnt have helped against the 4 citadels/5 penetrations. That was just some godroll dispersion because all 8 of the shells actually hit the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,360
[LEGIO]
Members
3,738 posts
10,875 battles

Sometimes I've gotten off a good alpha strike on a CV at near the start of a game like that but never bagged one in a single salvo. Nice shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,291
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
7 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Sometimes I've gotten off a good alpha strike on a CV at near the start of a game like that but never bagged one in a single salvo. Nice shooting.

We've had the notorious 899 division hunting carriers, but for this clip it's not that kind of coordination.  It's also one attack.  The circumstances were just perfect for the deletion.

- Non armored flight deck CV.

- CV was spotted and caught doing a 180 degree turn when realizing it was in danger.

- The aim and dispersion was perfect.

- The shells lined up perfectly for hits on the hull.  If the target was a Battleship caught by the Ohio player on a similar turn, I'd have been very concerned still for a supposed BB target.

- Ohio's 457mm AP hit like trucks.

 

The shots fell perfectly, right on the hull for Citadel hits.

VP4LGNV.jpeg

The opportunity was there, the aim was perfect, dispersion was perfect.  DELETED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,603
[CAAT]
Members
6,268 posts
8,033 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Not my content, ran into this in WoWS reddit.  I felt it was funny enough to share.  Lord knows we can use some humor around here, even if it comes at the expense of one of us.

 

oh-its-beautiful.gif.f216b9a76019cdfefbdf4357487a756e.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,603
[CAAT]
Members
6,268 posts
8,033 battles
27 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We've had the notorious 899 division hunting carriers, but for this clip it's not that kind of coordination.  It's also one attack.  The circumstances were just perfect for the deletion.

- Non armored flight deck CV.

- CV was spotted and caught doing a 180 degree turn when realizing it was in danger.

- The aim and dispersion was perfect.

- The shells lined up perfectly for hits on the hull.  If the target was a Battleship caught by the Ohio player on a similar turn, I'd have been very concerned still for a supposed BB target.

- Ohio's 457mm AP hit like trucks.

 

The shots fell perfectly, right on the hull for Citadel hits.

VP4LGNV.jpeg

The opportunity was there, the aim was perfect, dispersion was perfect.  DELETED!

"All of it just works. It's-I'm not kidding, the DISPERSION and shell grouping allowed that Ohio to hit a perfectly broadside, unarmored CV for 4 times the citadels. WG's art department allows for this event to be seen in 16 times the detail. Our ships are not scripted (AA fires automatically in the background). Go wherever you want, SHOOT whatever you want."

todd-howard-it-just-works.gif.99a15bfe57802b62449ecfbc6946d0f5.gif

when you miss pretty much any other shot due to RNG:

What can I say, Todd Howard memes just work for this thread ;P

And humor's good <3

Edited by SaiIor_Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,159
[WOLFG]
Members
17,120 posts
20,505 battles
13 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

That was just some godroll dispersion because all 8 of the shells actually hit the ship.

Even knowing it was coming, that dispersion was amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,291
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Even knowing it was coming, that dispersion was amazing.

You ever been on the receiving end of a long range BB salvo, see the shells are still in the middle of flight and you can tell your game is about to end?

The aim looks right.

The dispersion is tight.

You got caught at the worst possible moment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
938
[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,807 battles

That was a very good shot. The sacrifices to RNGezus paid off.   

Most of the Russian CVs have a high, exposed citadel. People with long range guns should always, always take potshots at them if they are spotted and have nothing better to shoot at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×