You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Torque64

What just happen here????

19 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

:etc_swear:HACKS :Smile_izmena:  

Edited by LastRemnant

[BONKS]
Members
4,828 posts
52 battles

Delayed hit detection caused by either an unstable connection or server sided mess up would be my guess. I've seen other examples of it.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Delayed hit detection caused by either an unstable connection or server sided mess up would be my guess. I've seen other examples of it.

How though that DD shots all his torps though :Smile_amazed: He only got hit by 2 out 8 torps where did the other torp hit come from then :Smile_hiding: The other 6 torps pass him unless one of those torps made a u-turn :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,809 posts
20,779 battles

yeah, I think it was a Dsync as well

OP: do you have the complete replay?

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[BONKS]
Members
4,828 posts
52 battles
Just now, LastRemnant said:

How though that DD shots all his torps though :Smile_amazed: He only got hit by 2 out 8 torps where did where other torp hit come from then :Smile_hiding:

And in reality 3 torps hit but the third hit registered late due to the server and client desynchronizing (for whatever reason).

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And in reality 3 torps hit but the third hit registered late due to the server and client desynchronizing (for whatever reason).

Watch it again @El2aZeR there are six torp wakes meaning he got hit only twice :fish_glass: Two torp wakes on the right and four on the left :Smile_hiding: Yet a third ghost torp kills him :Smile_amazed: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[BONKS]
Members
4,828 posts
52 battles
10 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Yet a third ghost torp kills him

Yes, which was most likely caused by desynchronization as I already explained.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Yes, which was most likely caused by desynchronization as I already explained.

He desynchs with 37 ping really :Smile_amazed: Sorry dude but this seems all kinds of sus :fish_palm:Not to mention the only torp that would have hit miss him but fine whatever :fish_sleep: Funny thing is I have never had these desynchs issue ever not once :fish_aqua:I just finding it hard to believe someone with such good ping would have issues :Smile_child:

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Ping was negative when ship sunk, indicating desync.

image.png

:Smile_hiding:I didn't see that :Smile_hiding:I will admit I was wrong :Smile_hiding: About this only :fish_cute_2:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Haha 1

[BONKS]
Members
4,828 posts
52 battles
28 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

He desynchs with 37 ping really

17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Ping was negative when ship sunk, indicating desync.

image.png

This is from a replay which always displays a -35ms ping. What the original value was cannot be discerned from that and is probably lost entirely.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
Just now, El2aZeR said:

This is from a replay which always displays a -35ms ping. What the original value was cannot be discerned from that and is probably lost entirely.

Ah, I didn't know that. Nonetheless, that's what it appears to be -- desync, as the ship was "hit" as soon as it crossed a torpedo wake where the torpedo looked to have already passed. This video shows it too.

• Cool 1

Members
1,336 posts
8,618 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

thats one weird desync

torpedos made contact at 0:22 while the ship explode at 0:33,  11 seconds diference is to much for a desync olso in that time frame he manage to repair, heal, shoot and hit the enemy without delay problems so i dont think there was a big conection issue.

Edited by pepe_trueno

Members
245 posts
23,441 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Yeah i just noticed that replays show -35ms all the time... my usual server ping is around 34ms tho...  mystery...