You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wotan_unconquerable

Atlantico Thoughts

26 comments in this topic

Members
97 posts
7,194 battles

As there is no place to put South American Battleships in the Battleship Nation section yet, I will leave it here. The Atlantico to put it mildly is a great ship so far. I will caveat by saying In its Tier. I suspect that the secondaries are going to be nerfed somewhere down the line as this puts a real hurt on Tirpitz and the Mass, chunks just come off these ships. DDs are also before they smoke up and hide are hit hard as well. The main guns even though they are AP only are fairly good unlike the Marle and can hit reliably. The gun angles are really good and although the speed is slow, you can at least mitigate. I know its early days for this ship but I am sure the community will find a way to 'find a hole in its swing" not unlike BBs staying back to stay out HE spammers and DD torp spammers. 

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,915 battles

What’s it’s armor scheme like? The guns can only do so much if the armors not there to protect them

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,159 posts
30,915 battles
1 hour ago, Copperhead550 said:

What’s it’s armor scheme like? The guns can only do so much if the armors not there to protect them

Here's some quick grabs.  She has a brawler's protection scheme.

zw0lS6G.jpegf438fHV.jpegfKLAgU1.jpeg

And below is just the Citadel.

2GNZCfO.jpeg

• Cool 1

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,915 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Here's some quick grabs.  She has a brawler's protection scheme.

zw0lS6G.jpegf438fHV.jpegfKLAgU1.jpeg

And below is just the Citadel.

2GNZCfO.jpeg

awesome! thanks!!

Members
97 posts
7,194 battles

As far as armor is concerned, in my first post i mentioned the caveat and that was at its tier level,  It like the Yukon, can hold its own very nicely against that level, as the Tirpitz and Mass found out. I have only 4 games in this in Random and 3 of those were double uptiered to 10 so demolish time for the ship unless you can hide behind an island or get somewhat close for the secondaries to do their work. It does have a great conceal but that is next to useless with DDs and CVs around. The secondaries are awesome and at sub 10 second reload for them I  am sure that they will be hit in the future with a Nerf bat. I am sure that the community will be using this ship alot.

• Cool 1

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

Having had a chance to play the ship now, not just look at stats, I find myself hard pressed to be terribly impressed.

She's an interesting concept, but comparing her to say, Tirpitz, it's hard to see where Altlantico comes out much ahead, and I feel compelled to make this comparison. They're both Premium Tier 8 Brawling Battleships, one is the oldest the other the newest.

Armor-wise, they appear pretty close to each other, hard to see any outstanding difference there, though Atlantico's got more freeboard to hit and turret shell traps for Pens to capture I think.

When it comes to main guns, Tirpitz has basically equal AP DPM (albeit lower alpha with 2 less barrels, even if they fire faster) but also has the option for HE (albeit weak HE) whereas Atlantico doesn't even have the option. Tirpitz's main guns also get an extra 3.5KM of range while maintaining the same accuracy/sigma.

Looking at maneuverability, Tirpitz also gets an extra 9200 HP, about 15% more, and Tirpitz is 5.5 Knots faster (!) to boot with only a 50m larger turning circle and 1sec slower rudder shift.

Atlantico does have better stealth, by about a click and a half, so that's something.

If you look at the Secondaries, it gets a bit weird. Both have the same range however.

Atlantico's 127mm guns aren't terribly impressive, they're slow to fire, only have 21mm pen, do 1800 damage, and have a 6% Fire Chance. Tirpitz's 105's only do 1200 damage, but have an equal fire chance and fire almost twice as fast, and pen 26mm.

Atlantico's 234mm beastly secondaries get some of the best secondary dispersion in the game (except for Napoli I think), alongside the German BC line, and do almost 4k damage with a 21% base fire chance while being able to pen 59mm...basically anything that isn't main belt armor on a cruiser or BB. Tirpitz's 150mm guns fire almost twice as fast, but have less than half the damage and fire chance, and they only pen 38mm (though 38mm is pretty fantastic for most things). 

So...it's a bit hard to judge there, all told its probably a wash, the average DPM works out to be about the same, but they'll do better against different types of targets. From the few games I've played, I don't think I've seen a tremendous difference in average damage output, though I haven't played hundreds of games in Atlantico either. EDIT: Not entirely true, the improved angles on Atlantico do mean you can get those secondaries into play in situations where you cannot with Tirpitz, you can sit angled unleash every possible gun quite comfortably, and that does matter.

Tirpitz also can take a Spotter or Fighter place.

Most crucially, Tirpitz has Torpedoes.

So, all in all, unless I've made some sort of huge mistake here, or missed something huge, I kinda feel like Tirpitz just absolutely wipes the floor with Atlantico for being on the same tier as a brawling battleship for Tier VIII. Atlantico is substantially slower, has 15% less HP, similar armor, a set of guns that most wouldn't be able to tell the difference when fighting, doesn't get a plane to launch, and lacks torps to boot, in exchange for...about 1.3km better concealment when set up for brawling (i.e. no captain concealment, only concealment module) and improved gun angles. That seems like a lot to give up.

When actually playing, I feel like Atlantico is just naked without Torps, particularly at 25knots, the 234mm secondaries are neat, but they're not really clinching in the way Torps or Hydro can be. That 25 knot speed really kills this ship's vibe.

Edited by Molonious
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
97 posts
7,194 battles
On 5/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, Molonious said:

Having had a chance to play the ship now, not just look at stats, I find myself hard pressed to be terribly impressed.

She's an interesting concept, but comparing her to say, Tirpitz, it's hard to see where Altlantico comes out much ahead, and I feel compelled to make this comparison. They're both Premium Tier 8 Brawling Battleships, one is the oldest the other the newest.

Armor-wise, they appear pretty close to each other, hard to see any outstanding difference there, though Atlantico's got more freeboard to hit and turret shell traps for Pens to capture I think.

When it comes to main guns, Tirpitz has basically equal AP DPM (albeit lower alpha with 2 less barrels, even if they fire faster) but also has the option for HE (albeit weak HE) whereas Atlantico doesn't even have the option. Tirpitz's main guns also get an extra 3.5KM of range while maintaining the same accuracy/sigma.

Looking at maneuverability, Tirpitz also gets an extra 9200 HP, about 15% more, and Tirpitz is 5.5 Knots faster (!) to boot with only a 50m larger turning circle and 1sec slower rudder shift.

Atlantico does have better stealth, by about a click and a half, so that's something.

If you look at the Secondaries, it gets a bit weird. Both have the same range however.

Atlantico's 127mm guns aren't terribly impressive, they're slow to fire, only have 21mm pen, do 1800 damage, and have a 6% Fire Chance. Tirpitz's 105's only do 1200 damage, but have an equal fire chance and fire almost twice as fast, and pen 26mm.

Atlantico's 234mm beastly secondaries get some of the best secondary dispersion in the game (except for Napoli I think), alongside the German BC line, and do almost 4k damage with a 21% base fire chance while being able to pen 59mm...basically anything that isn't main belt armor on a cruiser or BB. Tirpitz's 150mm guns fire almost twice as fast, but have less than half the damage and fire chance, and they only pen 38mm (though 38mm is pretty fantastic for most things). 

So...it's a bit hard to judge there, all told its probably a wash, the average DPM works out to be about the same, but they'll do better against different types of targets. From the few games I've played, I don't think I've seen a tremendous difference in average damage output, though I haven't played hundreds of games in Atlantico either. EDIT: Not entirely true, the improved angles on Atlantico do mean you can get those secondaries into play in situations where you cannot with Tirpitz, you can sit angled unleash every possible gun quite comfortably, and that does matter.

Tirpitz also can take a Spotter or Fighter place.

Most crucially, Tirpitz has Torpedoes.

So, all in all, unless I've made some sort of huge mistake here, or missed something huge, I kinda feel like Tirpitz just absolutely wipes the floor with Atlantico for being on the same tier as a brawling battleship for Tier VIII. Atlantico is substantially slower, has 15% less HP, similar armor, a set of guns that most wouldn't be able to tell the difference when fighting, doesn't get a plane to launch, and lacks torps to boot, in exchange for...about 1.3km better concealment when set up for brawling (i.e. no captain concealment, only concealment module) and improved gun angles. That seems like a lot to give up.

When actually playing, I feel like Atlantico is just naked without Torps, particularly at 25knots, the 234mm secondaries are neat, but they're not really clinching in the way Torps or Hydro can be. That 25 knot speed really kills this ship's vibe.

You do bring up valid points, and having played the Atlantico a bunch more times, it seems that most players against it are giving it some respect as they are staying away from those secondaires. I think i misspoke when i mentioned the Tirpitz, I have only seen it in one game and it probably did not know about the secondaries in the Atlantico, hence taking 4 k off at a time with the secondaries, Same with the Mass i mentioned. The torps on the Tirp are nice but only 6km range while the secondaries go out to 11 or so km, so really Tirp has to get in close and most people know by now that the Tirp has a mickey finn in reserve. Time will tell on how they treat those secondaries.

[JOV-]
Members
106 posts
On 4/17/2022 at 4:23 PM, wotan_unconquerable said:

As there is no place to put South American Battleships in the Battleship Nation section yet, I will leave it here. The Atlantico to put it mildly is a great ship so far. I will caveat by saying In its Tier. I suspect that the secondaries are going to be nerfed somewhere down the line as this puts a real hurt on Tirpitz and the Mass, chunks just come off these ships. DDs are also before they smoke up and hide are hit hard as well. The main guns even though they are AP only are fairly good unlike the Marle and can hit reliably. The gun angles are really good and although the speed is slow, you can at least mitigate. I know its early days for this ship but I am sure the community will find a way to 'find a hole in its swing" not unlike BBs staying back to stay out HE spammers and DD torp spammers. 

You bet chunks are going to go a flying when your secondaries on just one side of the ship are the equivalent of a heavy cruiser in firepower. OK, maybe just a wee bit more powerful than a typical CA with those 9-inch guns for secondaries, and the 5-inchers too for good measure.

Yes sir, probably not wise to try and go toe to toe trading broadsides with Atlántico solo Jutland style.

Yes i am sure there are some cases you might or even could get away with doing that, you are probably going to get your hair messed up doing so

Nerf will not be needed once players figure out that it will be wise to make the Atlantico high priority target #1 for focus fire by entire team at all times quickly as possible. it is just a matter of time.

Edited by RedGreen_1

[WPORT]
Members
20,735 posts
22,656 battles
On 5/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, rafael_azuaje said:

the Atlantico need only add Hydro, lots DDs with powerfull torps, he is vey blind

I sailed up to "point blank" range of an Atlantico and sunk it with a full salvo of torpedoes from a DD.
I assure you the Atlantico saw me and my torpedoes.

Members
1,332 posts
8,607 battles

so far i am doing good in it but not thanks to those secondary guns. all the hype around the "big secondarys" is lost the moment one realise the shp is to slow and clumsy to dictate an engagement so either enemy ships run away or you get in a knife fight with a torped ship and that never ends well for the slow ships.

those 234mm are still a mistery to me,  despite their supposedly superior accuracy they still miss a lot, i will take a wild guess here and say its the combo of slow reload and slow shell speed giving plenty of time for enemy ships to move out of the way  and when they do hit i see a lot of 500-700 DMG when a pen should be of 1270... guess damage is getting absorbed by something like modules, saturation or some other magic mechanic WG added to the code.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[KUK-M]
[KUK-M]
Members
534 posts
46,185 battles
On 5/25/2022 at 1:35 PM, rafael_azuaje said:

the Atlantico need only add Hydro, lots DDs with powerfull torps, he is vey blind

great idea.jpg

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,187 battles
7 hours ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

when are they gonna start the dockyard event for atlantico?

the dockyard is no longer appearing.

The event took place with update 0.11.3, and a couple of weeks into 0.11.4. It's over already; that's why it doesn't appear anymore.

[GUTZ]
Members
2 posts
17,365 battles

This ship is a total pile.

The range is unforgivable and with no spotting plane your never in range.

The speed is far too slow to get into the battle with the piss poor range.

The reload is too long considering the range, and the total lack of mobility.

The ability to handle incoming fire from an equal or higher tier is nonexistent.

But but the secondaries yea they are mediocre.

Edited by ol_glue_horse
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

Members
546 posts
On 6/27/2022 at 6:45 PM, ol_glue_horse said:

This ship is a total pile.

The range is unforgivable and with no spotting plane your never in range.

The speed is far too slow to get into the battle with the piss poor range.

The reload is too long considering the range, and the total lack of mobility.

The ability to handle incoming fire from an equal or higher tier is nonexistent.

But but the secondaries yea they are mediocre.

The Atlantico is largely ineffective outside secondary range.  In a BB, it's counterintuitive to not fire the guns past 12-13km, but that works best in the Atlantico unless the target is weak and/or juicy.  Firing past 15km is a crapshoot, and 17km-max is often a joke, and will often just makes you a target where you'll take far more damage than you dish out.  The armor is better on paper than in game, the ship cannot take on multiple targets well, and it burns endlessly.  If you remain spotted while taking fire past 14-15km you're dead sooner than later and you'll do little damage in return to whatever is shooting you.  You need to pick a flank early (either the one you start on or ideally the one with more islands to mask your approach), and basically "pounce" by getting near and/or into secondary range unseen whenever possible.  CV (and sub and DD) spotting screws this BB more than most BBs, and when spotted approaching a flank, go slow or stop until you can see what enemy ships are on that flank because you need to bail ASAP on a flank with superior enemy firepower regardless how long repositioning will take.  Go to the side planes aren't if possible. The AP is pretty much garbage bow on and at range against BBs and heavy cruisers when you can hit them with the at times wonky/irritating RNG.  Additionally, for whatever reason, the whole "aim at the waterline" is less effective in this BB than others; aiming at the armor belt, while fewer citadels, gives more consistent damage.  Build full secondary and survival, both modules and skills.  Concealment, obviously.  Mount all the relevant flags.  My win rate is around 65% solo in around 150 games with 1/3 to 1/2 damage from secondaries when ship performs well in the game.  It's a more finicky (and at times annoying) playstyle, and there will be games MM and RNG screw you more than other BBs experience, but the ship is one of the most consistent ships I play when MM and RNG don't screw me and if I follow the playstyle noted.

Edited by nhf
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,296 battles

Not sure what Atlantico you guys saying it sucks are playing? This thing is a freaking beast.

• Excellent main guns. They don't have much in the way of overmatch (26MM) but it is enough for a lot of Cruisers and lower tier BB's and they are pretty accurate (even if you go full secondary build and forgo ASM1). I mean it isn't Yamato accurate but it is more than accurate enough. Obviously without HE you have to know where to shoot so your AP doesn't just bounce but you can get 10K+ aiming for superstructure and guns on bow on ships you can't overmatch. If you get broadsides this thing hammers stuff and has no trouble citadeling even T10 BB's. I have got 30K+ salvos on ships like GK that you won't citadel (aim for upper belt). Main guns are not a problem outside of limited overmatch. 30 sec reload is pretty standard so no foolishness like Kansas with 40 sec.
  • Excellent turret rotation for a BB at just 25 sec w/ GTG. This lets you swap your guns fast if you have to change direction and it makes shooting yolo'ing DD's (a BAD idea for them vs a secondary Atlantico) much easier too.
  • Secondary's. Are AMAZING! Yeah they fire a little slow so you won't wrack up massive hit total #'s like a Schlieffen but those 234MM's hit like trucks so fewer hits but lots of damage. You also get an insane 21% fire chance from those 234MM's so you get a lot of fires from them in brawls (yes I brawl with it in Randoms). Any ship foolish enough to get into secondary range of a sec spec Atlantico is asking for a bad day. You can EASILY get 20K damage from the secondary's with as few as 75 hits. It adds up fast once they start to hit. I got 43K+ alpha damage  in my best game with it just from the secondary's (133 hits). Their 11.3km range with a full build + flag is more than enough.
  • Concealment. Another huge plus for the ship at 11.5km (CE + CSM1 + camo). This lets you flirt on the edge of concealment and when a chance to push in and have your secondary guns go to town pops up you have very little distance to cover. It also means if you have to disengaging because you are being focused or just need to turn is easier with such good concealment. Massive edge for the ship.
  • Armor. The thing is a tank. Sure 460MM+ can overmatch the 32MM plating but it has a 102-152MM ice breaker front and rear that goes 3/4+ of the length of the bow and stern. You can angle charging in or kiting away and bounce anything in game. If it does catch you on the 32MM plate so it can be overmatched it will be either high enough or far enough forward/rearward it won't go to the citadel unless the shells come in square on the bow or stern to go straight down the ship. Speaking of citadels not sure it has one LOL. It is very low and very hard to hit. I have not taken a citadel hit yet in it (Randoms or Co-op) nor have I been able to citadel one (from ANY BB - Randoms or Co-op). Sure, it will take big chunk pen damage if caught broadside by another BB. What one won't? You are not going to take citadels too though. This thing is very tough. TDR% is serviceable at 31% although not amazing.
  • Survivability. You have to be mindful of its HP (60,100) when facing higher tier BB's with 80K, 90K, 100K+ but what T8 BB doesn't have that exact same problem? It is in the lower group for HP among T8 BB's but with its excellent armor and great concealment having best in tier or upper group HP levels would just be too much. Can it be HE spammed to death? Sure but again any T8 BB can. Heck any BB period can. It has one of the lower T8 Heals @ +300 HP p/ sec but as with the HP it has other things that compensate. Giving it a 375-400+ HP p/ sec Heal would make it OP. It can have up to 5 heals which is pretty good.
  • AA is "serviceable". Not great but it isn't horrible. Probably mid to upper mid pack at T8 for BB's. You can take a few planes down with it anyway.

That is a LOT of good. It only really has a few con's IMO.

• Maneuverability. It doesn't handle great with an 800m turn radius and a 12 sec rudder (w/ SGM2) but few T8 BB's do. It is in the upper group of T8 BB's for both however. Despite pretty good for tier handling "stats" it has poor acceleration and bleeds speed fast when turning so this makes the handling worse than the stats would have you think. You do have to think about turns and getting caught slowed way down. Takes a while to execute the turn and get going again.
  • Speed. Obviously 25 knots is no record setter (still faster than Kansas LOL). Throw a speed flag on and it gets up to 26.2 knots which is workable. Atlantico is also an excellent candidate for a BB to run Brisk. It is just 2pts and with the excellent base turret rotation of 30 sec you could swap out GTG for Brisk. With its excellent 11.5km detection range Brisk is a real viable option for Atlantico. It adds +10% speed when undetected. That means with Brisk + a speed flag you can get it up to 28.9 knots when it is undetected. That is plenty fast. I don't have Brisk currently as I am running GTG but am seriously considering swapping to Brisk. 
  • Main gun range. 18.6km is on the shorter side for a T8. Not an issue when top tier or vs most other T8 BB's but it can be an issue facing T9 and T10's. BUT, as said earlier, your excellent detection of just 11.5km lets you move up to play where your range is fine and you can easily go dark if needed. The range is a hinderance and that is all. 

I mean what isn't there to like with this thing? I mean yeah it would be great if it was faster and a little more nimble but other than that I can't really complain about anything. I seldom play PVP in WOWS (35K+ Co-op to just 800+ Randoms) but even I do amazing in this ship. Only have a 50% WR with it (3/6) but that is due to roflstomp loses not the ship or me being bad. I have only died in 1 of the 6 games in it as well. I have been top 4 at least in every game so far.  A potato like me is averaging 113K a game damage with it and I have a high game of 205K. This ship begs to be played mid range around it's secondary/detection range and not played at the back trying to snipe. Use that great armor and concealment to let you use those awesome secondary's.

When top tier this thing is an absolute bully. When facing T8's you are very strong. Even when bottom tier you can do very well (my best game was in a T8-T10 game) if you, again, use your concealment to let you stay within a range where the ship's strengths can be utilized. You just have to make sure not to try and get into a battle of attrition which you don't have the HP to win vs a lot of higher tier BB's with similar strengths to Atlantico. You just have to play smarter as bottom tier but that applies to any ship in game.

I just had this game earlier today and it is one of my worst ones yet in it and yet it was still decent. This game actually LOWERED my average damage LOL...

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.f9068ea1441e6a883e720b83cd17c649.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.6abb57ff964ff71a171c52be19ce37f7.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.6fafe17538de003b0e0a496f3b9baf77.jpg

This is my best game in it so far...

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.cfdef1c40f1d116c2183b4218fc635c6.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.4bf1109c7705eb81a1676c758cc428e2.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.acc6a0811bee25c9af1c7e5f228dc6b6.jpg

If "I" can put results like this up with it being an average at best potato with just 800 something Random games anyone should be able to. I don't know, maybe it is my lack of fear actually getting close and fighting from so many years and games in Co-op? I am way more careful in Randoms than I am in Co-op but I refuse to camp the back and hide. I try to play mid range and push as soon as it is viable. This ship excels playing mid-close range and being aggressive (not stupid and yolo). I see a lot of people in the ship who stay so far back 1/2 the time they can't even shoot as everything is out of range and/or who can't catch up to the fight late game because they were so far back they are too slow.

So far in my limited games (6) I have got...

• High Caliber (1)
  • Confederate (2)
  • Dreadnought (1)
  • Close Quarters Expert (3)

I love the thing. I wish WG would make more ships like this, designed to play close and brawl, and get away from the camp, snipe, spam HE meta they created.

Edit/Update - wanted to just update the info I have here in the post. I am up to 12 Random battles with it now. Still at 50% for the WR. I seem to win then lose win then lose LOL. My avg damage has fallen to 99.2K now but that is to be expected. No way I was going to maintain 113K a game in a T8 BB with a server avg of 68K. But I still do well and have put up some big games with it. I really like it. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

I definitely don't think I'd say Atlantico sucks, she's a fun ship, but I'd reiterate my comments in comparing it to Tirpitz

On 5/7/2022 at 5:12 PM, Molonious said:

In my games with her, the speed has *really* been the dealbreaker on the fun-factor.

Edited by Molonious

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,296 battles
1 hour ago, Molonious said:

I definitely don't think I'd say Atlantico sucks, she's a fun ship, but I'd reiterate my comments in comparing it to Tirpitz

In my games with her, the speed has *really* been the dealbreaker on the fun-factor.

Do you run Brisk? That might help with that for you. With speed flag you can basically get to 29knots when undetected. I am going to respec and swap GTG for Brisk next time I take it out in Randoms and see how it goes.

[WFR]
Members
622 posts

Aye, currently run Brisk on Atlantico. It's the only ship I run it on, it helps, but it basically feels like I'm spending 2 captain points just to get the ship something sometimes, that I really think it should just natively have all the time.

Relative to a Tirpitz/Bismarck, with the slower speed to engage/disengage, and lacking either torps or hydro for dealing with close encounters, she feels...clunky, like something is missing. The extra stealth and better gun angles are definitely nice, and can mitigate some things, but I don't think they quite cover everything else, especially while also dealing with lower HP/no plane/no HE/etc. Like, was it supposed to have improved bounce angles or hydro or something during development? Did it have insane HE at one point that they just removed entirely and never got 'round to fiixng? It's a fun ship, but feels incomplete.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,296 battles
1 hour ago, Molonious said:

Aye, currently run Brisk on Atlantico. It's the only ship I run it on, it helps, but it basically feels like I'm spending 2 captain points just to get the ship something sometimes, that I really think it should just natively have all the time.

Relative to a Tirpitz/Bismarck, with the slower speed to engage/disengage, and lacking either torps or hydro for dealing with close encounters, she feels...clunky, like something is missing. The extra stealth and better gun angles are definitely nice, and can mitigate some things, but I don't think they quite cover everything else, especially while also dealing with lower HP/no plane/no HE/etc. Like, was it supposed to have improved bounce angles or hydro or something during development? Did it have insane HE at one point that they just removed entirely and never got 'round to fiixng? It's a fun ship, but feels incomplete.

I can't remember but MAYBE the AP had improved pen angles initially??? It never had HE for the main guns. They were always AP only.

I think the 234MM secondary guns weighed heavily on WG's "balancing" decisions. I mean they do hit like a truck so they have to be taken into account.

The speed has never really bothered me and I haven't run Brisk yet. 26.2 knots with the flag has got it done for me so far. Sure a faster base speed would be nice but for me anyway I can cope. I will say one of my losses in it was due to the low speed. Late game with things super close I could not get to a cap fast enough to stop points nor run down a low HP red escaping. That is more on me though for not starting for the cap sooner. I got focused on other things and should have looked at the clock and pts more.

Bismarck and Tirpitz are faster but I prefer Atlantico.

Members
1,332 posts
8,607 battles
22 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I can't remember but MAYBE the AP had improved pen angles initially??? It never had HE for the main guns. They were always AP only.

I think the 234MM secondary guns weighed heavily on WG's "balancing" decisions. I mean they do hit like a truck so they have to be taken into account.

The speed has never really bothered me and I haven't run Brisk yet. 26.2 knots with the flag has got it done for me so far. Sure a faster base speed would be nice but for me anyway I can cope. I will say one of my losses in it was due to the low speed. Late game with things super close I could not get to a cap fast enough to stop points nor run down a low HP red escaping. That is more on me though for not starting for the cap sooner. I got focused on other things and should have looked at the clock and pts more.

Bismarck and Tirpitz are faster but I prefer Atlantico.

original atlantico had short fuse AP and hydro but was removed and instead it got a buff to the 234mm damage and accuracy.

not sure it was a good trade if you ask me, the 234mm look scary and can do a lot of damage yet i seem unable to break 40k damage on a good match. meanwhile ships with similar secondary accuracy like zieten i could easily get over 50k on a good match. guess its the nature of the RNG beast, The 234mm have low fire rate so any miss or shot getting absorbed by a module feels like a huge drop in damage compare to the fast firing 105mm where a shot geting absorbed is not that meaningfull.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,296 battles

Another good showing in Atlantico. Still the only ship I have broken 200K in Randoms with.

Bottom tier on 2 Brothers. I was at A cap all game. Was just me and 2 Cruisers (Atago and Des Moines) vs 5 reds (Iowa, Yoshino, Venezia, Zao, and Seattle - really 6 as the CV was after us most of the game too) for most of the fight (we did get help late). I tanked as much as possible (had to go dark a few times to heal back up) but the 3 of us not only kept them out, and eventually got the cap late game, but we sunk every one of them. I only got the 1 kill but was hammering stuff (9 cit's). The main guns on this ship are accurate and hit hard.

Didn't get a lot of secondary fighting in as I was facing HE/SAP spamming Cruisers that stayed at range but Venezia got caught too close and the secondary's got it for some damage. Still, despite just 21 secondary hits they did 11K damage which is pretty good. I think just the threat of them kept the Cruisers at bay frankly. The red Worcester started coming our way late and as soon as my secondary's started going off it turned and ran like a rabbit LOL.

Such a good ship. Oh, and I respec'd the Capt and dropped GTG as the base turret rotation of 30 sec is more than good enough. I swapped those 2 points over to Brisk (also 2 pts). That skill for this ship is a great choice. With flag you can hit 28.9 knots when undetected. This is a huge help letting you get away from danger or reposition and pop up where they don't expect it. Highly recommend Brisk for Atlantico.

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.27f5cfd7458850306e429c1d4e936a31.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.ffed9f0449882d4e49b9601cc5854051.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.4ee9c3c000432063c78a1a010c1b3b11.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2