Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Best End Game Pic Ever

11 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

In WOWS, when you play CV and F key back to the CV,  you don't just jump instantly to the CV.  The game actually flies you (not your planes, but your interface view) back at a super fast speed...less than a second to go across the map.  It seems like an instant.

I had just finished bombing a ship and F-keyed back to my CV when the game ended.  I got the end game freeze in the middle of that near instant fly back.  Here's my end screen:  Somewhere along the line between my squadron I just left and wherever my CV was parked.

Quiz:  If  you know your maps, you can probably figure out the map and the exact location on the map.

shot-22_04.16_23_46.21-0221.thumb.jpg.662700dd200b2d6b159be8cb8f1e67c0.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In WOWS, when you play CV and F key back to the CV,  you don't just jump instantly to the CV.  The game actually flies you (not your planes, but your interface view) back at a super fast speed...less than a second to go across the map.  It seems like an instant.

I had just finished bombing a ship and F-keyed back to my CV when the game ended.  I got the end game freeze in the middle of that near instant fly back.  Here's my end screen:  Somewhere along the line between my squadron I just left and wherever my CV was parked.

Quiz:  If  you know your maps, you can probably figure out the map and the exact location on the map.

The small detail of those maps is amazing. That's an olive tree.

forseg3.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,451 posts
10,192 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The small detail of those maps is amazing. That's an olive tree.

forseg3.jpg

So, a Mediterranean map... Greece?

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Strait.

The white fort island in the background gives it away.  Soshi is zooming by the island at E7, facing south.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
472 posts
24,812 battles

No idea where, but the detail is amazing. Hat's off (again!) to the art department.

I wrote some 3D rendering software in the past and I have no clue how they do this.

Edited by Potohto928

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Strait.

The white fort island in the background gives it away.  Soshi is zooming by the island at E7, facing south.

Ah.

Soon as I read your post and looked closely, I recognized it.

Middle channel, looking SSW.

Recognize that dinky island on the left because I use it as DD cover when SE spawn, and the tall island on the right as cruiser cover when SW spawn.

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
16 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Strait.

You can also see the buoys of the mid cap.

Sign in to follow this