Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Brawl mode

13 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,512 posts
26,875 battles

Glad this is being offered. A great place to try out the F Sherman. Can farm damage on the battleship heavy meta (last night anyways). What is also a plus, none of it goes on your record if a game is lost.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles

Two BB's per side in a 9v9 is BB heavy?

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
22,335 battles

Restrictions: No more than one aircraft carrier, two battleships, four destroyers, and six cruisers per team.

Only two battleships per side doesn't strike me as BB heavy. I would think any random battle would be better but to each their own I suppose. 

Dumpster Fire GIFs | Tenor

Perhaps the OP is in a clan that is participating in the event. 

[SSAM]
[SSAM]
Members
71 posts
20,777 battles

shame clans have to show up & ruin it, just to get some cheap wins.

they call it good practice...like fighting rando players preps u for anything....training room don't ruin it for others.

for a community that constantly points out any lil in-balance...they don't mind seal clubbing ur avg. rando player.

hippocrites

• Thanks 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
2 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Restrictions: No more than one aircraft carrier, two battleships, four destroyers, and six cruisers per team.

Only two battleships per side doesn't strike me as BB heavy. I would think any random battle would be better but to each their own I suppose. 

It looks more cruiser heavy if anything. Like hot oil cruiser wrestling with a CV for the jokes, DDs for the cries of anguish as radar floods caps like Oak Pollen. Two BBs will just be Thunderers flaming the cruisers. 

Yes, a good show.

If only we could hear the dialog of both teams as the fur flies? LOL

"I thought you were taller."

"I thought you were shorter." 

"Those boobs lend an old world charm because one is bigger than the other."

"Your Parent mates out of season."

"Otakus are weirdos!"

"Only a weirdo thinks Otakus are weirdos."

"I like tacos."

"Death to Pollen season!"

"I see you are wearing that goth number again."

"I see you still wear your monocle over your eyepatch."

"Who washed out my coffee cup?! Who wants to die?!"

"By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!"

"Nnnever give up, Nnnever surrender!"

"Khaaaaaaaaahhhnnn! Khaaaaaaahhhnnn!"

"In the name of the Moon, I will sink you!"

[HOLE]
Members
310 posts
2,456 battles
4 minutes ago, smokey66 said:

shame clans have to show up & ruin it, just to get some cheap wins.

they call it good practice...like fighting rando players preps u for anything....training room don't ruin it for others.

for a community that constantly points out any lil in-balance...they don't mind seal clubbing ur avg. rando player.

hippocrites

Don't let it bother you bro. Most of these player's only shine in groups so that is why most of them show up in events like this but when it 1 vs 1. Well let's just say the number of them disappear. lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
195 posts
5,380 battles
18 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Don't let it bother you bro. Most of these player's only shine in groups so that is why most of them show up in events like this but when it 1 vs 1. Well let's just say the number of them disappear. lol

Indeed.  Bring back the old brawls!  3 ships per team maximum, no ship type restrictions.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
975 posts
16,109 battles
43 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Do you realize that most of the people you say only shine in groups still have very good solo stats?  You can look at solo stats separately from dived stats

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Like hot oil cruiser wrestling…

Chocolate pudding cruiser wrestling for me please.

They can hit each other with destroyers, instead of folding chairs.

• Cool 1

[HOLE]
Members
310 posts
2,456 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Do you realize that most of the people you say only shine in groups still have very good solo stats?  You can look at solo stats separately from dived stats

Did I state anywhere in my sentence everyone? Nope. My point is very simple is that far less of these players often show up for 1 vs 1. It simple truth and nothing more. If you're offended in any manner. Well maybe that a problem you have to deal with. It's a game to me and nothing more. Can't feed and pay bills in WG. lol

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,146 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Andy said:

If they had a category within "Solo" stats, mine would say I fire first. See the source image

See the source image

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
205 posts
25,209 battles
On 4/17/2022 at 7:20 AM, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Agreed, also this should NOT be called "Brawl" Mode, it's misleading.

"Brawling" Cap/Team Supporting BB's/CR's have been rendered suicidal in World Of Air, Fire & Torps, so any mode named "Brawl" SHOULD be at least ONE place they still belong.

With a CV (Perma-Spotting/Attacking any BB/CR with no chance to mitigate/retaliate), 4 DD's (more hard-to-avoid Fire/Torps) and 6 Cruisers (Likely long-range HE/Torp Spammers as that's the Meta), who in their right mind would play a BB other than 1-Line Cap-Averse Shore Emplacements firing at Max>3/4 Range... just like Randoms, there is no Brawl to be had.

Edited by PapaOoooPowPow

[RCNW]
[RCNW]
Members
205 posts
25,209 battles
On 4/17/2022 at 10:03 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Chocolate pudding cruiser wrestling for me please.

They can hit each other with destroyers, instead of folding chairs.

Awesome! Pudding is more likely to put-out the fires, may even slow the torps and the CV's Planes may decide to land a while for some pudding, which would give the Brawling ships (if anyone was foolish enough to bring one) a brief respite to actually brawl and reminisce on how fun WOWS used to be.

Sign in to follow this