You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Detonation causes a loss!

15 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

A rare detonation on a BB caused my team to lose this match -- by 4 points!

I thought that we had it in the bag but their Lexington saved the day for them by detonating my ship.

This shows exactly what detonations are for -- a "Hail Mary" chance that you might come from behind and win a game.

GG all!

image.thumb.png.1ab3eae574cc4dc4b59e9ddf5caab89a.png

image.thumb.png.97f34893d898f1d380884fe3f2fc010e.png

20220416_233145_PASB518-Massachusetts_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

• Funny 1

Supertester, Members, Wiki Editor
689 posts
13,721 battles

Had to provide this helpful link for someone else earlier to help solve their detonation problem:

https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/category/customizations/3745466288

that is your one click link to be able to get yourself some flags that would’ve won you the game

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

1 hour ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

you can also say "detonation causes a win"

This is the point I'm making here. Detonation can offer a team a "Hail Mary" one-in-a-hundred chance for a win. Something like a full-court basketball shot in the last second of the game.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles
3 hours ago, ToxicSymphony said:

There's a flag for that.

I never use det flags except for competitive.

• Cool 1

[HODL]
Members
201 posts
6,817 battles

bad way to lose.  though my best story about a detonation, was when i detonated a full health GK with a single petro volley... 3 minutes into a match.  I sort of felt bad for the dude.  100k damage in one volley.  surreal to see.

of course when he started complaining in chat i was a bit of an [edited]about it and told him not to give a petro broadside next time (in his defense he was caught going around an island, so it's not like he wanted to give me broadside).  

Edited by Azanimefan

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
4 hours ago, Azanimefan said:

100k damage in one volley.

It used to be that a ship could be detonated from full health but now it's 75% health. I'm not sure what patch did that but it's been in effect for a couple of years at least as it was back in upgrade 0.7.2. Before that, the funniest thing I ever saw in WOWS was when a teammate in a BB accidentally fired his guns off at the start of a match and by the most remote chance, hit and detonated an enemy ship. The ensuing conversation was hilarious.

You can, however, still take a ship out with a single volley and no detonation if you get enough citadels on it.

[RED-R]
Members
62 posts
1,598 battles

That's not that bad. Imagine being the enemy team and loose by 2 points cause I capped at the last second. They were at 998 points. I almost had a heart attack.

• Haha 1

[KRAK]
Members
4,012 posts
27,863 battles
10 hours ago, ToxicSymphony said:

There's a flag for that.

Who runs detonation flags on a BB?

[WOLFC]
Members
6,096 posts
17,227 battles
10 hours ago, The_Ruleset_Difference said:

Had to provide this helpful link for someone else earlier to help solve their detonation problem:

https://armory.worldofwarships.com/en/category/customizations/3745466288

that is your one click link to be able to get yourself some flags that would’ve won you the game

And just like the other thread you posted this in, the OP is not actually complaining about detonations.

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
4,343 posts
26,778 battles
10 hours ago, ToxicSymphony said:

There's a flag for that.

I said that to the Kremlin the other day on twitter and got blocked :Smile_teethhappy:

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles

Years ago I caused a detonation that changed a nearly certain loss into a win.  Our right flank had collapsed and my nearly sunk Scharnhorst was fleeing from a nearly full health FdG, I dropped torpedoes on my prediction rather than the suggested angle.  Our left flank was losing, but not by as much.  One of my Torpedoes detonated the FdG, which allowed me to go dark, heal up and then turn the right flank back now that the muscle of their push had been eliminated.  Without the FdG's detonation the FdG surely would have sunk me, probably in less than 60-90 seconds, and then rolled around and hit our left flank in the side, crushing it and securing the win.  FdG player complimented me in chat on the torpedo path prediction.

Edited by Helstrem

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
768 posts
25,149 battles
16 hours ago, ToxicSymphony said:

There's a flag for that.

The flags are there just for you to spend your credit. They have no value for the gameplay.