You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeamanBowmont

Italian DDs are awesome! Great Game ( loss )

9 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
34 posts
1,994 battles

I finally figured them out last week and now I can play them pretty good.  I'll post the replay.. The 3 DDs I fought were epic knife fights. The BB was a Smoke yolo kill with my very lo HP against him while capping.  I spent MOST of the Battle IN the cap capping after I fought my way there. This one was awesome!

Not sure what else I could have done to win it for my team.. it just takes forever to cap that Base. Even slow ships that were far away had time to get there and stop me.

ItalianDDDFUN.png

20220416_155432_PISD106-Aviere_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

Edited by SeamanBowmont
  • Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles

I haven't played them much, but I had fun with them too! 

Grats on a fun game <3

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,974 battles
21 minutes ago, SeamanBowmont said:

Not sure what else I could have done to win it for my team..

ItalianDDDFUN.png

20220416_155432_PISD106-Aviere_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

Not much.

Beside that I agree with you and have been having fun for the most part with the T7,

image.thumb.png.6d1f262c10aac0dd2b3146954a3db81a.png

seeing as I didn't get enough tokens for the T8 and flat out refuse to pay any real money for free ships.

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

Let’s just say my experiences with the cruisers and battleships, and their so-called miracle ammo, leaves me with little faith in the abilities of the destroyers.

[SLI]
10,579 posts
52 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Let’s just say my experiences with the cruisers and battleships, and their so-called miracle ammo, leaves me with little faith in the abilities of the destroyers.

They are some of the most powerful tech tree destroyers in the game atm.  If not for their short range, they would just break the whole game.  It will surprise me a bit if the don't get a nerf in the future.

• Thanks 1

[GOB]
Members
34 posts
1,994 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So you don't believe your own eyes?  I am an average  player at best and I bet the DDs I BLAPPED thought like you? They attacked me and I hit them so freakin hard they died so fast I bet you anything they went straight out to get one.

But then again , keep doubting them.  If you see me come and get some!:cap_rambo:

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
33 minutes ago, SeamanBowmont said:

So you don't believe your own eyes?  I am an average  player at best and I bet the DDs I BLAPPED thought like you? They attacked me and I hit them so freakin hard they died so fast I bet you anything they went straight out to get one.

But then again , keep doubting them.  If you see me come and get some!:cap_rambo:

I simply have zero faith in SAP.

If I shoot at things with bigger shells the way others say I should, for inconsistent, often meaningless results, why should I believe puny destroyer guns will perform any better?

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
8,389 posts
29,459 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

I haven't played them much, but I had fun with them too! 

Grats on a fun game <3

Tier 2,4 are OP.

Tier 6 is decent torp boat with ok guns.

Tier 7 is an op torp boat with decent guns in under 4km knife fights. Otherwise guns a bit floaty and you can't sustain vs true gunboats at the tier...

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I simply have zero faith in SAP.

If I shoot at things with bigger shells the way others say I should, for inconsistent, often meaningless results, why should I believe puny destroyer guns will perform any better?

I don't have a lot of faith in SAP.  It's pretty good for shooting at broadsides, but not so good at shooting at targets that you wouldn't use AP against (i.e. well angled).  I won't say that it's bad.  It does produce more damage than HE, not counting fires.  But you can't always count on having those good firing angles for SAP.

• Thanks 1