Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snoopys_Odyssey

When Do We Get The IJN I-401 Submarine?

12 comments in this topic

[WHIPI]
Members
1,606 posts
18,750 battles

I mean, I already have a captain for it for when WG gave us the I-401 as a joke a few years ago.  Submarine that launches attack planes....yes please.

I-401.thumb.jpg.30dc4714dbd6ed5bf762b1160f52e6a9.jpg1009628543_I-401sub.thumb.jpg.f4c79935874a2874d1e4a0c5c451f623.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,517 battles

I would bet one of then next dockyards after they tell us that the I-400's will never be in the game....   BTW, they had AA and Surface radar.  They had a bunch of AA.   They had snorkels and periscopes from Germany.  And, 8 torpedo tubes.....

And, most importantly, they were "actual ships in WW2" that existed.   They should be in the game and their limitations changed:  since, this is make believe anyway.  Say, give them 5 planes instead of three.....

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Thanks 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles

I think it could happen. But only if certain people are not jealous of a 2 D girl. I mean, what is wrong with anime and manga? Do not Weebs bleed as normies do? 

Weebs have feelings. That is why they treat their waifus with dignity despite some people being jelly over nice art.

Sure, the 2 D girls have probably physics defying dimensions. But they are not real. They are nice to look at. 

You know how hard it is to find a Tsundere and a Yandere rolled up into a real woman? 

Impossible I tell you! They don't exist!

You can get one, but not both!

Okay, my venting has subsided,.,,

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,162 battles
6 hours ago, Snoopys_Odyssey said:

I mean, I already have a captain for it for when WG gave us the I-401 as a joke a few years ago.  Submarine that launches attack planes....yes please.

I-401.thumb.jpg.30dc4714dbd6ed5bf762b1160f52e6a9.jpg1009628543_I-401sub.thumb.jpg.f4c79935874a2874d1e4a0c5c451f623.jpg

If it launches 2 torpedo bombers with good HP and the torpedoes (Bombers) have damage of 20k HP, then that would be nice. Then add your typical IJN torpedoes for the sub and you have what could be a nice sub to sell in the premium shop. make it tier 8 so players can make money getting up-tiered too.

[HOP4S]
Members
7,013 posts
35,517 battles
30 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

If it launches 2 torpedo bombers with good HP and the torpedoes (Bombers) have damage of 20k HP, then that would be nice. Then add your typical IJN torpedoes for the sub and you have what could be a nice sub to sell in the premium shop. make it tier 8 so players can make money getting up-tiered too.

Aw, that's underselling their real value:  spotting !!!  They had AA and Surface radar and IJN Torps !   And, a Snorkel to troll around "mostly submerged"....  Imagine radar turning on out of no where !   Imagine those three planes spotting BB and long range CA's hiding in their favorite hiding spot behind terrain !!!  With 15K torps, Radar and Spotting planes, KOTS would not be the same.

Imagine, a Real Life WW2 sub with Radar and Planes in the game as a Premium ship !   What more could you ask for !!!   Gosh, the truth is far stranger than the fiction;  considering some of the made up ships we have in game....  AND, you'd have to build it in a Dockyard and only the dockyard !!!  No after dockyard sales at all....  Perfect.  Simply perfect;  since, the Dockyard event itself would actually center on and have a majority of completion tasks for Carriers and Subs....!!!!  :Smile_hiding:

No freaking skimmer tasks...... 

Disclaimer:  now, if you think I am being serious ^^^^^ ah........:cap_haloween:

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Nah, it will launch Kawanishi H8K (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawanishi_H8K) flying boats that drop depth charges. Because WeeGee is so historically (or should I say hysterically) accurate. I mean seriously they put the torp planes this sub was suppose to have on the Ise - and didn't even give a dive bomber option for that ship. So you just know they are gonna screw up the I-401 with some lame 'gimmick' aircraft.

Edited by capncrunch21

[NUWES]
Members
3,848 posts
15,817 battles

I'm pretty sure we will see it, along with some of the other unusual of famous sub types like Surcouf and Nautilus and some of the unusual British subs, but people are greatly overestimating how useful a flight of planes or a radar will be for subs. You can't control the ship other than by autopilot. That means you surface,  launch and then are stuck on the surface in an unarmored sub while you control the planes. That's basically a death sentence. Giving them a Dutch-style airstrike actually makes more sense.

The radar idea is equally questionable as it traps you on the surface at 10km or so from the enemy for part of a minute to use it. The only ship gets less benefit in game from a radar than a sub is a CV. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles

Most don't realize the I-400 subs could not dive at more than a very shallow angle because the hull of the sub was longer than its rated depth. 

This sub in the game would not be functional anyway using the current airplane flight mechanics. If anything, it should just have an unlimited aircraft-attack consumable similar to what dutch cruisers have ... able to launch an airstrike. Consumable would only work when sub on surface. Give it 15km range. Arm the sub with the shima 20km torps and a massive amount of dive timer.... but it should be a super slow top speed sub with super slow acceleration and horrid turn circle. 

[CAAT]
Members
6,313 posts
8,036 battles

Well, Iona commander exists, so we'll probably get ARP I-401 eventually, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[CAAT]
Members
6,313 posts
8,036 battles
6 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Say, give them 5 planes instead of three.....

Or just give them 3 more powerful, tanky planes, kinda like how Saipan works (less planes, but supposedly higher quality planes).

Ok, Saipan isn't ideal, sure, but I mean, for I-401, the concept might work.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this