Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

You know your team stunk when......

4 comments in this topic

Members
629 posts
17,161 battles

A LEANDER is on top of the board at the end!   All that nice hardware we had....   AND it appears they were a BB short!

Nice dogfight at the end between me, a BB, and a DD shooting me from the side.  Turned and got a few shells into the DD,,,,then boom!

WOW_Leander_2022_Apr15_RandomWFlags_loss_forpost2.thumb.jpg.eea2401e417119be0e5ad94e844c8ade.jpg

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,342 posts
9,621 battles
15 minutes ago, brewakeg said:

A LEANDER is on top of the board at the end!   All that nice hardware we had....   AND it appears they were a BB short!

Nice dogfight at the end between me, a BB, and a DD shooting me from the side.  Turned and got a few shells into the DD,,,,then boom!

WOW_Leander_2022_Apr15_RandomWFlags_loss_forpost2.thumb.jpg.eea2401e417119be0e5ad94e844c8ade.jpg

First ship I ever got 6 kills in was Leander.  It is a good ship.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
1 hour ago, brewakeg said:

Leander is a great ship. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,159 posts
30,915 battles

Leander is a good Cruiser in Tier VI, but not necessarily due to firepower.  Hell, she doesn't even have good AA.  She will not compete with Budyonny, Dallas, Pensacola, Aoba in terms of firepower, but she's sneaky, can be disruptive against Destroyers.  Her stealth is actually a fantastic card late in a game:  When the DDs are dead or whittled down, Leander can Stealth Cap.  Her concealment is so good that unless there's planes or a DD rooting out a Stealth Capping Leander, most other ships would get badly outspotted first, and as a consequence, get shot to pieces without the Leander player even firing her weapons.

That is literally why Leander had been a high performing Tier VI Ranked ship.

If you want a Cruiser that is influential, Leander is a great example in Tier VI.

That said, the Cossack player on the red team seems to be the reason why your team got ROFLSTOMPed.  I bet he set into motion a bad series of events:  The Snowball Effect.

Even better on the Cossack's part, the other DD of the red team did poorly so the Cossack had to do some more heavy lifting.  He pulled through.

Speaking of performance:  Green New Mexico with 156 BaseXP... Definitely did not carry his workload.  I can forgive the green Icarus with 256 BaseXP because DD play is very unforgiving, but there's no way a BB should have such a low BaseXP score.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this