You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ahskance

Atlantico Dockyard Update!

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,531 battles

Yesterday, players found that Week 5 had a mission for 2.15m Spotting Damage.  That's.. a lot a spotting damage for Week 5!

The mission was supposed to be for "Damage to Ships" and has already been updated in the game client! <3

image.png

Happy Sailing~

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 7

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
19 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Yesterday, players found that Week 5 had a mission for 2.15m Spotting Damage.  That's.. a lot a spotting damage for Week 5!

The mission was supposed to be for "Damage to Ships" and has already been updated in the game client! <3

image.png

Happy Sailing~

YAY ... and thank you Ahskance!

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,818 battles

2.1million damage. That’s far more reasonable and easier to achieve

[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

a mission for 2.15m Spotting Damage.

Return of Puerto Rico missions confirmed. :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks for the announcement and fix!

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In another thread somewhere, I posted that some of this dockyard's missions feel like between a T9 and PR in difficulty.  T8 dockyard tasks were the easiest of the bunch, and T9 dockyards were a step up in difficulty.  Then there was the PR.  These feel like a 'light' version of PR.  For a T8.  MHO of course.

And I am doing this dockyard.

[WOLF4]
Members
388 posts
14,238 battles

This event certainly feels more grindy that this will probably be the first dockyard where I don’t care to get all the phases of, besides ignoring the horrible PR attempt, just because of the number of 0s they like to put in. Just my opinion, but I’ll take the best enjoyment I can from the game as it exists until it feels like a chore instead of fun, or, equally likely, just go belly-up from future changes…..

Edited by ZaCLoNe

[RLGN]
Members
19,148 posts
35,185 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I remind you EC, of the original ARP missions…

Sink so many (specific country) destroyers… etc…

I think that may have been what started lots of folks into Co-op, because you could play one to be sure one was on the enemy team, and the entire enemy team wouldn’t be trying to collect your scalp as soon as you were spotted.

Members
195 posts
5,380 battles
4 hours ago, Ahskance said:

image.png

Happy Sailing~

Good on you, sir!

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Members
172 posts
19,311 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I remind you EC, of the original ARP missions…

Oh man, those were blast, I think one of them was set 100 fires (or some other high amount) in Kongo. I really need to start taking them out more to show off

Anyways, this is the first dockyard ship I actually am getting since Odin, since I am a sucker for secondary spec ships. Nice thing is all the doubs I spent on a starter pack I earned in game through various methods, so no money from me WG!

For those concerned about the grind, remember co-op is great for "get x number of ribbons/main battery hits". For base xp and credits ones, ranked can be really great, though you do need to show some proficiency in order to maximize how much you earn.

[TO32]
Wiki Editor
6,578 posts
17,526 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I think that may have been what started lots of folks into Co-op, because you could play one to be sure one was on the enemy team, and the entire enemy team wouldn’t be trying to collect your scalp as soon as you were spotted.

Oh I remember that too.

I'm not sure if it was the original ARP run (or even one of the ARP runs at all), but I distinctly remember a mission that was "kill X Russian/German ships in German/Russian ships." After trying randoms for a while I quickly realized co-op was faster to complete, even when you had to hope someone brought the other nation needed or the bots spawned one. And then even ended up divisioning with some random co-op player working the same mission, and we'd swap between Nurnberg and Budyonny to guarantee the bot team had the necessary target nation.