Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Nothing to do

16 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
32,074 battles

In the last few updates, I find little to do. The Italian DD early access was not there due to the time restraints, the shipyard is a no go do not want another T8. They won't let me not get sub rentals. I just got my harbor clean from the last rental subs that were forced into my harbor.  I manage 2-4 runs early morning before the SS shows up (steroid subs).  For some reason IMO WOW tries very hard to make the game just fun and the like it or leave it attitude towards the player base is terrible.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 4

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

In the last few updates, I find little to do. The Italian DD early access was not there due to the time restraints, the shipyard is a no go do not want another T8. They won't let me not get sub rentals. I just got my harbor clean from the last rental subs that were forced into my harbor.  I manage 2-4 runs early morning before the SS shows up (steroid subs).  For some reason IMO WOW tries very hard to make the game just fun and the like it or leave it attitude towards the player base is terrible.

Not that you are guilty but the non-stop griping is not going to make any freinds in the home office.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,312 posts
23,671 battles
4 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You can use the dockyard to farm steel. 

Oh hey wait how about you ignore all the "stuff" pick your most fun ships and play for funs sake. Remember fun? Today go find the fun.

Happy Fun GIF

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Members
978 posts
7,905 battles

I just got the Annapolis and I'm practicing in co-op. I'm a big fan of the Salem since the real one is not far from where I live and now I have a supper Salem. Well ok, a super Des Moines it being tech tree but still it's a lot of fun.

The new super fire mode is a blast (literally) but the long cool down is a bit of a drag. You have to pick where it makes sense to use it. For example, when you are closing in on a Battleship, that's not the best time to have your guns go dark.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,121 posts
20,520 battles

If there is nothing to do (looks at the 47 different things going on), then don't play.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
9 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You know there's a filter you can select so that the subs never show up in your dock.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,581 posts

There is more going on right now at once than there has been in a long time.  You might not want to do the things that are available, but there is a LOT to do right now.

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
32,074 battles
13 hours ago, HyperFish said:

You know there's a filter you can select so that the subs never show up in your dock.

I do not want the Subs in my harbor at all, visible or not.

13 hours ago, Burnsy said:

There is more going on right now at once than there has been in a long time.  You might not want to do the things that are available, but there is a LOT to do right now.

You are right there is a lot going on but nothing to pursue. Early access to the Italian DDs was halted by the time restrictions that made it only during the Daytime hours.  Most all events even Naval Battles require PVP play.  The last two years I went from 20-30 battles a day to 1-3. 

Time restraints kill all the fun for me. Dockyard should be a steady push you should not have to wait for a week to pass to continue.  The way things are going my 6th year is going to be my last. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
789 posts
33,344 battles
47 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Playing T1 to T4 will not get you subs.

[SLI]
10,581 posts
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You are right there is a lot going on but nothing to pursue. Early access to the Italian DDs was halted by the time restrictions that made it only during the Daytime hours.  Most all events even Naval Battles require PVP play.  The last two years I went from 20-30 battles a day to 1-3. 

Time restraints kill all the fun for me. Dockyard should be a steady push you should not have to wait for a week to pass to continue.  The way things are going my 6th year is going to be my last. 

Most all online games time gate events.  It evens out the player population.  If they don't, with each patch cycle they would get a massive influx of players right at the beginning of the patch who burn through the content, then drop off drastically until the next content update. 

These cyclic ups and downs of population still happen with each patch, but time gating serves both the company and the players, in that it helps keep the game's population more reasonably consistent.

[SLI]
10,581 posts
2 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I don't get the difference really.

At any rate, coding practice denotes that code should be as modular/universal and reused as often as possible. This is for purposes of performance, space and maintainability.  To that end, it is entirely possible (and maybe even likely) that every account in the game has all the line ships (test or otherwise, and possibly even premium) automatically assigned to it.  Earning or a buying ship might be a simple enabled, Y/N flag that gets flipped on our accounts when we obtain the ship. 

In other words, the subs are possibly already there "on your account" whether you have earned them or not, but an enable flag is N by default and keeps them out of your visible port until they are acquired.

If WG were to fulfill a special request just for you, so that you specifically don't have subs, it's possible that it would be done in the same exact way as you using the filter.  They would still be "on your account" and in your port, but simply hidden from your view.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,916 posts
8,973 battles
8 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

I have good news for you then. If you check the box, they'll never be in your harbor. Not invisible. Actually not there. 

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles
On 4/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, Chief_SeaDog said:

I wonder how many people even know what a Seadog is these days?

[ARGSY]
Members
31,082 posts
29,342 battles
11 hours ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You're quite welcome to not want to play them, but I think your expectations are travelling well beyond the bounds of what's reasonable here.

It also has an "I don't want those people in my country" vibe to it. You might want to think about what this does to other people's perception of you.

[BB35]
Members
230 posts
On 4/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, GoldDust2015 said:

I just got the Annapolis and I'm practicing in co-op. I'm a big fan of the Salem since the real one is not far from where I live and now I have a supper Salem. Well ok, a super Des Moines it being tech tree but still it's a lot of fun.

The new super fire mode is a blast (literally) but the long cool down is a bit of a drag. You have to pick where it makes sense to use it. For example, when you are closing in on a Battleship, that's not the best time to have your guns go dark.

But is great to deal that death blow to a bb that is down to 30k health and broadside.

[SOCOM]
Members
910 posts
32,074 battles
12 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're quite welcome to not want to play them, but I think your expectations are travelling well beyond the bounds of what's reasonable here.

It also has an "I don't want those people in my country" vibe to it. You might want to think about what this does to other people's perception of you.

I stopped worrying about people perception of me a long time ago.  What is so hard to just have a yes or no button if you want a ship or floating turd to be in your port? The only ships I want in my harbor are what is mine to keep.  A rental missions should be a choice to participate like when they put in new events get participate buttons. If not participating, then you push the button and the missions do not appear. IMO any temp or rental missions should be a choice.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this