Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Casmao100

ISLAS

7 comments in this topic

[ARGO-]
Members
3 posts
5,205 battles

hello everybody
 It's time for the developers to do something with the islands.
They condition the game a lot. At this point there are many ships that benefit greatly from them, and they are a drag on the games.
It would be ideal to eliminate a few of the maps or that the ships that use them depend more on their equipment; like smoke, for example.

Edited by Casmao100
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Members
1,323 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, Casmao100 said:

hello everybody
They condition the game a lot. At this point there are many ships that benefit greatly from them, and they are a drag on the games.
It would be ideal to eliminate a few of the maps or that the ships that use them depend more on their equipment; like smoke, for example.

the problem are not the islands but the game mechanics, to be more precise ships have way to much range and accuracy for the given maps and it only takes 1 ship that can see you for everyone to have a perfect sight on you. Now add that ships firepower is far superior than ships hability to mitigate it and we end in a situation where the most effective way is to shoot from concealment and there is where islands come in.

the game could use an overhaul on its mechanics 

*get rid of AP overmatch mechanics aswell as citadel overpens, it will make well played cruisers more resistant in open waters  and punish those sailing carelessly

*  being able to hit targets from far away should require some investment instead of being a given, the same way a secondary ship has to put a lot of upgrades and skills to make them work a ship that wants to snipe should have to invest into skills and upgrades to do so.

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Cool 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
971 posts
16,082 battles
2 hours ago, Casmao100 said:

hello everybody

Do you happen to play mostly BBs? You sound like ypu dont like the idea of cruisers hiding from your guns.

Members
627 posts
17,090 battles

Agree, experienced player know just where the spots are where they can Cap or Shoot without being seen.

My idea: all or at least most islands (programmatically) exist on a "turntable" a bit larger than the island.

At map load, some of the islands are rotated from their default position by 2 to 350 degrees.

This would enable a new bit of randomness to existing stale maps. You would have to study the map anew each time to find good positions.

Edited by brewakeg
  • Cool 3

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,721 battles

I was just thinking this yesterday. “Why is running into islands / islands in the way such a damn problem in this game?”.

Putting Ocean in the rotation more,  and having smaller variants for lower tiers is needed. I would not want the current maps removed though, the variety needs to be there. I don’t mind islands, it’s just tiring that every map over and over presents the same island challenges with slightly differing textures.

[WOLFX]
Members
794 posts
1,712 battles

"Officer, I swear it is not my fault. I was just sailing along and then this island suddenly jumped out in front of me and I could not swerve in time to avoid it."

:cap_like:

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this