Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

For those who bought the Hornet, is Doolittle Raid perm camo available separately from the bundle?

5 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles

is it possible to buy the Doolittle Raid Camo separately after getting the Hornet? or is it tied to the bundle?

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

i notice even the hornet by itself appears to be displayed with a camo, (assuming it is doolittle) yet it isn't listed as an item that comes with it.  nvm, the article shows it with 2 different camos, the ship by itself differing from the bundles, so perhaps that is just the standard premium camo.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i notice even the hornet by itself appears to be displayed with a camo, (assuming it is doolittle) yet it isn't listed as an item that comes with it.

The Doolittle Raid camo is an alt perma for Hornet. No idea if you can buy it separate (haven't got Hornet yet but I will eventually) but it is not the standard perma for it.

Standard Hornet Perma:

phpnfIKjI

Doolittle Raid Alt Hornet Perma:

phpoMjIKi

[DRY]
Members
663 posts
5,418 battles

If you buy Hornet at its base price. ($49.20 USD) it comes with the Type 10 permanent camo. On the camouflage tab, you then have the option to get the Doolittle Raid camo for 5k doubloons. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,191 posts
30,943 battles
10 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The Doolittle Raid camo is an alt perma for Hornet. No idea if you can buy it separate (haven't got Hornet yet but I will eventually) but it is not the standard perma for it.

Standard Hornet Perma:

phpnfIKjI

Doolittle Raid Alt Hornet Perma:

phpoMjIKi

I am highly offended WG called that second camo "Doolittle Raid" when the default camo she comes with is what she had for the Doolittle Raid of April 1942, thru Midway in June 1942, and until she sank in October 1942.

Hornet at the Doolittle Raid.

20b2fe00d9.jpg

Both Hornet and her sister Enterprise during the Doolittle Raid.

1942_04_19_cv8_cv6_b_from_slc.jpg

Atlanta, Hornet, and a New Orleans-class at Midway (source).

QW1Lil-7nOrmOq0J32OfywpxJk7SCZNs3ybft1tp

Hornet under attack at Santa Cruz Islands, October 1942, the battle where she would sink at.

1920px-Japanese_aircraft_attack_USS_Horn

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this