Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IRISHSDOWN

About to get the Zieten

8 comments in this topic

[DRAH]
Members
555 posts
14,628 battles

It's not a bad ship and has better angles than you would think.

That said it's biggest issue is that it is a Tier 8 battleship with sub 20km main battery... Expect to see a lot of T10 matches where you have to play uncomfortably close to enemy battlehsips like Yammies and Vermonts and Petros.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

Superships made T8 MM much better, so it will be a lot more fun of a grind than it was earlier...and you get the first real taste of that lines epic secondaries...Before it was a good ship with bad MM...now it's just all good...

• Thanks 1

Members
627 posts
17,145 battles

I enjoyed it reasonable well. Adjusting to turrets 1Forward/2Rear takes a few games.  Definitely get the Rudder Shift skill, so you can unmask those after batteries quicker, then straighten out while reloading. Building for Secondary range is a good idea too.  Have fun!

• Thanks 1

[-UCS-]
Members
374 posts
17,194 battles

Main guns are a underwhelming, especially on higher tier ships. I have to think more about HE/AP choices and switch ammo more than I do with other BB’s.  I don’t have a lot of games in her yet, but Lutjens is fun after a 100 2nd hits, DD’s just melt. 

• Thanks 1

Members
1,330 posts
8,607 battles

zieten is so ugly it blinds the enemy ships allowing this to happen:Smile_teethhappy:

1773381498_zietenepic.thumb.jpg.5ea0fca92c99d95601655f76eff0cb39.jpg

just make sure to avoid giving broadsides to enemys, even cruisers can tear you apart if they have a clear shot on your sides.

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Thanks 1

Members
1,030 posts
21,128 battles

Bad? I’m not quite sure how people do well with it. It eats pens, has little range, little speed, little accuracy. Heinrich is way better for the tier, and the Rupprecht is clearly better for the tier. Even more than the other ships of the line, it really only works well when reds push into you. And with all of the Hornets around, it’s a really bad time.

[WOLFC]
Members
6,098 posts
17,227 battles

Zieten only has 18km range (and no spotter plane) and is a bit soft-skinned, but she has a lot of things going for her:

1) 12km concealment with 11.5km secondary range (with MA dispersion on her secondaries). This difference between range and concealment gets even better at tier IX and X. Staring at this tier, German battlecruisers are often able to get the jump on unsuspecting ships who wander into their secondary range because of this. Tier VIII is when the ships really become secondary monsters, and her excellent concealment also goes a long way towards mitigating her short firing range.

2) Her guns are excellent, especially after the extremely underwhelming guns on Prinz Heinrich. 1.7 sigma and CC/CB dispersion on 406mm guns is very solid. Add to this a 22.5s reload and very comfortable turret traverse, and her gunnery is extremely comfortable.

3) Her torpedoes have 12km range, which also matches up well with her concealment.

Zieten is a breath of fresh air after Prinz Heinrich.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this