You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BornInChicago

Can You Find my Win Rate?

18 comments in this topic

Members
82 posts

I have set it to private but I am wondering if anyone can find it with a player search or something.

I know,  I know, pay no attention to it.  That's what people say.

But I will just feel better and play much more relaxed, if my lower win rate as I learn the many ships and tiers, is private. For me only.

I have tried to take the advice and ignore what losses do to my stats. But I cannot seem to ignore it.

I do not want to worry about wins that much, other than for my own personal goals.

Edited by BornInChicago
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles
10 minutes ago, BornInChicago said:

I do not want to worry about wins that much, other than for my own personal goals.

I think if you have them off even player stat mods can't see them. If I am wrong some one correct me on that.

Members
82 posts
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I think if you have them off even player stat mods can't see them. If I am wrong some one correct me on that.

Correct. WOW Stats and numbers cannot see it. I am on my own keeping track with the standard page that I can see privately.

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
11 minutes ago, BornInChicago said:

I have set it to private but I am wondering if anyone can find it with a player search or something.

But I will just feel better and play much more relaxed, if my lower win rate as I learn the many ships and tiers, is private. For me only.

I have tried to take the advice and ignore what losses do to my stats. But I cannot seem to ignore it.

https://na.wows-numbers.com   nope

https://wowstats.org/  nope

shipcomrade.com - doesnt seem to work anymore

https://worldofwarships.com nope

Ive had my stats hidden since day 1. Nothing wrong with doing that.

• Thanks 3

Members
82 posts
Just now, Retarie said:

https://na.wows-numbers.com   nope

https://wowstats.org/  nope

shipcomrade.com - doesnt seem to work anymore

https://worldofwarships.com nope

Ive had my stats hidden since day 1. Nothing wrong with doing that.

Thanks. I am already finding myself only playing the ships I win most with, even when I am bored.  That's not fun.  I love to learn new things. Unfortunately, learning means dying and/of little damage, and a lower win rate. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles
34 minutes ago, BornInChicago said:

Are you trying to ignore your stats or are you trying to ignore everyone else from reading your stats ???

All you have done by setting your stats on private..Basically,  allowing others to judge you on their criteria, for the match you played with them...

Now. I have found the community standards to be more harsh then WOWS...

Just so you know..

• Meh 1

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
18 minutes ago, BornInChicago said:

Thanks. I am already finding myself only playing the ships I win most with, even when I am bored.  That's not fun.  I love to learn new things. Unfortunately, learning means dying and/of little damage, and a lower win rate. 

yeah that's cool mate. stats aren't everything.. or anything important for that matter.

Enjoyment and fun is where its at!

Anyone Diss you for hidden stats just Block or Blacklist. That's whats it for.

keep sink'n ships! :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Members
82 posts
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Are you trying to ignore your stats or are you trying to ignore everyone else from reading your stats ??

I just want to be only able to see them myself. Private.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles
2 hours ago, BornInChicago said:

Everybody has to start somewhere :Smile_Default:.

Nobody starts out good at this game - it takes practice, trial and error to master the myriad of tasks one has to do in battle.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles
2 hours ago, Retarie said:

yeah that's cool mate. stats aren't everything.. or anything important for that matter.

Enjoyment and fun is where its at!

Anyone Diss you for hidden stats just Block or Blacklist. That's whats it for.

keep sink'n ships! :Smile_izmena:

I have the same view as well.

Usually those who squawk the loudest have poor WRs anyways.

Blocking or ignoring them is ideal: support the team, inflict damage and sink ships - the goals of a good captain.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[CZS]
Members
258 posts
5,032 battles
2 hours ago, BornInChicago said:

Unfortunately, learning means dying and/of little damage, and a lower win rate. 

It doesn't necessarily mean that. If you're dying early that means you're taking too much risks early on, and if you die early then you don't learn anything. If you find yourself dying earlier than you'd like, you need to identify the actions you've taken that increased that risk and think of ways to mitigate the early risk. I think the best way to play the game is to constantly evaluate your risk vs reward and pick the choice that gives you the most favorable outcome.

There are specific things to learn per ship, sure, but there are also general strategy and planning that are universal across all.

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

Unfortunately people are going to assume your stats are terrible if you hide them (maybe even worst then they really are)...I'm not sure there is a great solution aside from caring less or improving them...

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
7 hours ago, BornInChicago said:

I love to learn new things. Unfortunately, learning means dying and/of little damage, and a lower win rate. 

Think about how rewarding it is not only to learn but to "tame" new ships and make them perform. There's also the benefit of learning new play styles will make you a better, more versatile and well rounded player. And you don't even need to worry about stats anymore!!! 

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,327 battles
8 hours ago, BornInChicago said:

If you hide your stats NO ONE can see them anywhere. Not even in your clan (it even blocks the last day you played). All those stat sites draw their info from WG so once blocked they are blocked for everyone but you. The only thing I am unsure about is the Match Making Monitor Mod? I would assume it is also blocked from getting info (WR%) on you but I don't know for sure as I never used the foolish thing. I doubt it is able to however but?

You do what works for you and screw anyone who tries to tell you it is wrong. Just play and have fun. The ONLY ONE who has an opinion on your stats that matters is YOU (unless of course you specifically ask someone about them).

Honestly, I think the game would be a lot better off if stats were kept private from day 1 for everyone. Stats are used far too often against people as a way to humiliate and belittle them -OR- for a good player to lord it over others and make them feel like they are somehow special and more important than you. It is just a game so I don't get that for either use.

My Random stats were HORRIBLE for a long time (I was at 41.57% for WR at the lowest). I didn't have a lot of Random games (170'ish) but always felt my low WR% was not an accurate picture of my abilities but it is all some see. I decided to do something about that FOR ME (not because I care what others think which is why I never hid them and never will good or bad) and have improved them dramatically (54.96% currently w/ 700+ games now played). But that was for me not others as I said.

So once more - you do you and ignore anyone who says that is wrong!

:Smile_honoring: 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[KRAK]
Members
4,015 posts
27,921 battles

Why would you need to hide it at all?

Just by hiding it everyone already knows it isn't that great to start with. You're not fooling anyone.

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
4,302 posts
9,133 battles

Eventually, if you get good enough, those new ship/line dips will become meaningless because you'll be able to recover the WR easily. I would not worry about it as long as you're getting better over time.

Members
247 posts
792 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

Why would you need to hide it at all?

Just by hiding it everyone already knows it isn't that great to start with. You're not fooling anyone.

Because, if you are unlucky enough to end up in a match with a [edited] like Flamu (or some of the others), you may be subject to very public and prolonged humiliation.  You play a game to have fun, not to be made the subject of public scorn to elevate his ego.

It's not bad enough that he does it but then the drooling sycophants that follow him always feel they have to chime in with a chorus of "KEK KEK KEK" hoping that Flamu will notice them and give them a virtual pat on the noggin.

• Cool 1