Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

If life give you lemons... just drink eleven-ade.

7 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles

With close to 2 weeks of forced absence from the game (work), I've had some time to consider what T11 means to my relation with WoWS and I have come to a conclusion:

I have no need for T10 :cap_horn:

The strongest reason for having T10 was to reach "End Game", have the "Maximum Power" and Lord over those poor guys that spent 9 tiers being uptiered and fighting uphill... that's now voided and playing T10 is not even requiered to reach T11, there's no XP grind, you can totally bypass T10 a reach directly for T11 saving yourself a truckload of credits, modules, captain retraining, etc. Literal zero point in stopping at T10 when you can shoot straight for the new "End Game". Why Henry when there's Conde? Why Yamato when there's Satsuma? ... 

That's it, I'm voiding T10. When you ask me "ArI, what's the cost of having Superships in the game?" I will tell you "Well, T10 of course". I'm half way through my T9 grind, Ranked will get me safely to unlock all T10, once unlocked I'll shoot straight for T11. That's my grind strategy from now on. T10 it was good to not know you, I won't miss you. 

As for my future Random play, I'll settle for enjoying a lot of T8 which I like a lot and I'm confident will get it improved in terms of MM now that T11 will be pulling a lot of T9-T10 upwards. There's a lot of awesome ships at T8 to keep me entertained, and it will balance my bills for T11 play, for those moments when there's need for some extra OOMPH to get missions done. Some occasional stomping and seal clubbing on Superships just because why not is also expected. 

So that's it, I've made my peace with T11... bring them on, I don't care. I'll still be able to "play" the game on my terms. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles

Except even the slightest suckage and failure to do well will break your bank faster than you can say your name…

Maint costs will be brutal.

I was actually shocked not to see super ships in the game this morning; perhaps folks have more restraint than I thought; or it was just too soon after the update.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maint costs will be brutal.

Won't be really relevant for me, I don't see much point in spending too much time at the "end of the road", I tend to get bored when there's nowhere to go... T10/T11 gets me nowhere so basically for me it means 40-50 matches max just to set a base WR, likely less if I kick over 60% early. From then on probably play on demand only  for missions/events. So, I don't foresee having a high T11 bill... just the occasional dinner out.

• Funny 1

[P_P]
Members
500 posts
38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As for my future Random play, I'll settle for enjoying a lot of T8 which I like a lot and I'm confident will get it improved in terms of MM now that T11 will be pulling a lot of T9-T10 upwards. There's a lot of awesome ships at T8 to keep me entertained, and it will balance my bills for T11 play, for those moments when there's need for some extra OOMPH to get missions done. Some occasional stomping and seal clubbing on Superships just because why not is also expected. 

So that's it, I've made my peace with T11... bring them on, I don't care. I'll still be able to "play" the game on my terms. :Smile-_tongue:

Teir 8 has the best sounding guns anyways :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
Just now, JediMasterDraco said:

I mean, they still yield Supercontainers on the anniversary.

Well, there's a lot of pending questions about that... would they still yield SC given that they are not on Top anymore?... Would Superships yield Superduper Containers?... so much we still don't know. Bottom line is, I've never strategized my grinds just for Snowflake farming... not too relevant for me I guess.

[RLGN]
Members
19,117 posts
35,137 battles
57 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Won't be really relevant for me, I don't see much point in spending too much time at the "end of the road", I tend to get bored when there's nowhere to go... T10/T11 gets me nowhere so basically for me it means 40-50 matches max just to set a base WR, likely less if I kick over 60% early. From then on probably play on demand only  for missions/events. So, I don't foresee having a high T11 bill... just the occasional dinner out.

Golden Corral on Steak Night most of the time; Ruth Cris on special occasions!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this