Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

Bug here on Forum!

5 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
1,800 posts
18,043 battles

Ok, so I made a new post. I saw that it needed editing. I clicked Edit post. The action in the address bar ends with "?do=edit", so it's clearly an Edit, not now post (which is "?do=add").
I quickly edit my post, try to submit and get this:

image.thumb.png.f76c50c6c91b90c0567ddbe7ee9b0617.png

It's an EDIT, not a new post, no reason to block it! And the forum knows it's an edit because of "?do=edit".

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

Ok, so I made a new post. I saw that it needed editing. I clicked Edit post. The action in the address bar ends with "?do=edit", so it's clearly an Edit, not now post (which is "?do=add").
I quickly edit my post, try to submit and get this:

image.thumb.png.f76c50c6c91b90c0567ddbe7ee9b0617.png

It's an EDIT, not a new post, no reason to block it! And the forum knows it's an edit because of "?do=edit".

It's not uncommon for a server to have a short cooldown/waiting period to avoid doubled interactions.  Sometimes people double-post because they clicked submit twice when the browser responded slow, for instance.

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,060 battles
16 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

It's not uncommon for a server to have a short cooldown/waiting period to avoid doubled interactions.  Sometimes people double-post because they clicked submit twice when the browser responded slow, for instance.

That is the case with the "Submit" button...& is a good thing due to that reason...

But not the standard with the edit option... I've multi edited a bunch of things back to back with just a couple/few seconds between edits & never had that occur.

E

X

A

M

P

L

E

Took about 6-8 seconds to type & submit each of those letters...no notification of short time frame at all.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,604 posts
16,522 battles
8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That is the case with the "Submit" button...& is a good thing due to that reason...

But not the standard with the edit option... I've multi edited a bunch of things back to back with just a couple/few seconds between edits & never had that occur.

E

X

A

M

P

L

E

Took about 6-8 seconds to type & submit each of those letters...no notification of short time frame at all.

Possible that it's related to the "Thread" as opposed to a "Comment" within the thread.

There are multiple layers and definitions that are used on this forum.  I've gotten to learn this as I'm trying to work internally to have a tracker created which can help identify moderator performance metrics.  Posts checked, reports resolved, etc...

There are seemingly 4-5 different versions of the Edit command for instance, as there is a Thread, Comment, Direct Message Thread, Direct Message Comment, Report Message Thread, Report Message Comment, and more.  It's been an interesting ball of wire to try to untangle so that we can be sure that we'll be tracking the information that we're looking for instead of just like, ALL THE THINGS.  Surprisingly many hours in on this project, though it's continuing to move forward day by day.

[LRM]
Members
1,800 posts
18,043 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Possible that it's related to the "Thread" as opposed to a "Comment" within the thread.

There are multiple layers and definitions that are used on this forum.  I've gotten to learn this as I'm trying to work internally to have a tracker created which can help identify moderator performance metrics.  Posts checked, reports resolved, etc...

There are seemingly 4-5 different versions of the Edit command for instance, as there is a Thread, Comment, Direct Message Thread, Direct Message Comment, Report Message Thread, Report Message Comment, and more.  It's been an interesting ball of wire to try to untangle so that we can be sure that we'll be tracking the information that we're looking for instead of just like, ALL THE THINGS.  Surprisingly many hours in on this project, though it's continuing to move forward day by day.

Exactly, edit the main thread post, when I start a new topic.

Sign in to follow this