Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Old_Swayback

Conspiracy Theory?

10 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Members
10 posts
4,072 battles

As I write this, the game crashed during a tier 10 Random in my Yamato. This is all too common for me, and it's not my internet or other software. I've played WoT Blitz for years and game crashes are extremely rare. Same with regular WoT, and I have yet to experience a crash during World of Airplanes. However, I'm starting to notice the game crashes on Warships are more frequent when I deck my ship out with full flags than when I just have a few loaded. It's almost as if WG does this deliberately to screw over my chances to earn good credits, xp, etc from the battle. Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I just a raving madman? I know WG gets a lot of bad press (much of it from self-inflicted wounds), and I don't want to just bash on them for no reason, but this crash issue is really annoying me. Thanks for reading my rant!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles
12 minutes ago, Old_Swayback said:

As I write this, the game crashed during a tier 10 Random in my Yamato. This is all too common for me, and it's not my internet or other software. I've played WoT Blitz for years and game crashes are extremely rare. Same with regular WoT, and I have yet to experience a crash during World of Airplanes. However, I'm starting to notice the game crashes on Warships are more frequent when I deck my ship out with full flags than when I just have a few loaded. It's almost as if WG does this deliberately to screw over my chances to earn good credits, xp, etc from the battle. Is anyone else experiencing this, or am I just a raving madman? I know WG gets a lot of bad press (much of it from self-inflicted wounds), and I don't want to just bash on them for no reason, but this crash issue is really annoying me. Thanks for reading my rant!

We just had an update.  It was tested internally and on the PTS server, but sometimes small things do slip through. 

It's a unfortunate truth in gaming that patch-day is always a little suspect~  Sorry to hear about your flags :(

[TMS]
Members
10 posts
4,072 battles

Is today also a patch-day? Because this problem persists. I was just in a battle and had all my flags loaded and the nice Mosaic camouflage (+400%xp) loaded on my ship, and the game crashed not once, but twice. My effectiveness on the battle was severely limited and the xp amount at the end reflected this.

Sorry to re-hash my earlier argument, but the fact that Ahskance himself replied to this post only heightens my suspicion...

• Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
16,968 posts
22,074 battles
Just now, Old_Swayback said:

s today also a patch-day? Because this problem persists. I was just in a battle and had all my flags loaded and the nice Mosaic camouflage (+400%xp) loaded on my ship, and the game crashed not once, but twice. My effectiveness on the battle was severely limited and the xp amount at the end reflected this.

Sounds like a driver issue...

[SALVO]
Members
16,357 posts
10,152 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Swayback said:

Sorry to re-hash my earlier argument, but the fact that Ahskance himself replied to this post only heightens my suspicion...

Sorry, this is the silliest comment I've read today... A CM taking time to tell you about a new patch having some stability issues is somehow a hint of WoWS targeting you specifically for a crash... 

Let me guess, the earth is flat too... 

• Funny 1

[HOP4S]
Members
6,966 posts
35,288 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Sorry, this is the silliest comment I've read today... A CM taking time to tell you about a new patch having some stability issues is somehow a hint of WoWS targeting you specifically for a crash... 

Let me guess, the earth is flat too...

Or, it is a bug that focuses on ships with max flags............  We'll never know the truth.  

[LRM]
Members
1,784 posts
18,003 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 11:18 PM, Old_Swayback said:

Game crash = blame your PC. Hardware, windows, drivers.
My game does not crash like at all, the game software is pretty damn stable.

Also, after game crash, all you have to do is just quickly reopen it, you will rejoin your battle and can keep playing it (unless it takes too long to reopen the game and the battle is over).

[LRM]
Members
1,784 posts
18,003 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 11:33 PM, Ahskance said:

We just had an update.  It was tested internally and on the PTS server, but sometimes small things do slip through. 

It's a unfortunate truth in gaming that patch-day is always a little suspect~  Sorry to hear about your flags :(

My game does not crash like in years. Had PTS crashes, reported, but live client - I could say "never", it's very stable. There are eventual very rare disconnects, but thats internet, hit "reconnect" and get back into same battle, nothing to complain about.

Windows 10, i7-9700, 32gb

Using untested crap like Windows 11 is what brings trouble xD

[-HUGS]
Members
956 posts
13,104 battles
1 hour ago, crazyrom said:

Using untested crap like Windows 11 is what brings trouble xD

I have been running Windows 11 for about 6 weeks now, no issue to report. 
I am glad I made the move, TBH. No issue with anything whatsoever. But then, it was released last year so.... It's not like I wanted to be the first in line either. 

[LRM]
Members
1,784 posts
18,003 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Argamas said:

I have been running Windows 11 for about 6 weeks now, no issue to report. 
I am glad I made the move, TBH. No issue with anything whatsoever. But then, it was released last year so.... It's not like I wanted to be the first in line either. 

If you don't stumbled upon any issues yet, that does not mean they are not ther xD
Win 11 might get ready to use around 2025, in the best case.
Just google "win 11 issues problems bugs".

Sign in to follow this