Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

Why V-X,★ instead of just V-★ ?

6 comments in this topic

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles

So, the mission requirements:
image.png.6c94abbb59f8d479fda4ab4fbdddf10e.png

since it's contiguous, no gap between V and ★, it could be just V-★, no need to complicate. "Any tier from V to ★", TX in there in the middle. 

Since most missions are V-★ anyway, maybe stop segregating ★ and just write it simple?

Edited by crazyrom

[WOLFC]
Members
6,102 posts
17,241 battles

Because WG is attempting to present these “superships” as something special and not simply an extension of the tech tree to tier XI. Small things like this subtly reinforce that narrative.

Although it seems to be a half-hearted effort by this point. Originally, they attempted to sell the idea that these ships weren’t “upgrades” to tier X, but just “different” ships with unique mechanics (gimmicks). However, the recently announced German supercruiser has no such “supership mechanic” and is simply a bigger and more powerful Hindenburg.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 3

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Because WG is attempting to present these “superships” as something special and not simply an extension of the tech tree to tier XI. Small things like this subtly reinforce that narrative.

Although it seems to be a half-hearted effort by this point. Originally, they attempted to sell the idea that these ships weren’t “upgrades” to tier X, but just “different” ships with unique mechanics (gimmicks). However, the recently announced German supercruiser has no such “supership mechanic” and is simply a bigger and more powerful Hindenburg.

I would argue that they need to "integrate" them into the game, so treating them as normal ships would be better

• Cool 2

[-HUGS]
Members
973 posts
13,184 battles

Yup, I agree, it makes no sense to threat these ships differently.  They should simply name it T11 and call it a day, seriously. In regards to MM spread, that's what it is ; T9-T10-Superships. Also, they are part of the tech tree, after T10. For all intent & purpose, this is T11, as far as I am concerned. They can call it whatever they want and try to tell us "this is not T11" but, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

• Cool 2

[LRM]
Members
1,806 posts
18,052 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Argamas said:

Yup, I agree, it makes no sense to threat these ships differently.  They should simply name it T11 and call it a day, seriously. In regards to MM spread, that's what it is ; T9-T10-Superships. Also, they are part of the tech tree, after T10. For all intent & purpose, this is T11, as far as I am concerned. They can call it whatever they want and try to tell us "this is not T11" but, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

Agree, just did not want to "go there". If they call T11 as ★, fine, call it ★, but write T5-T11 (or in their terms, T5-★)

Beta Testers
155 posts
5,155 battles

Because they're not Tier XI, they're Superships. Which come after Tier X in the tech tree, but they aren't Tier XI. Obviously.

Sign in to follow this