You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
blackpanther339

Hey wargaming I would love it if you could add the USS The Sullivans to the game

14 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
12,762 battles

The USS Sullivans is a historic ship that today is taking on water in Buffalo and is partially sunk. If we can add her to the game it would be a great honor to the Sullivan Brothers who lost their lives on the USS Juneau during WWII.   

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-THG-]
Members
2,616 posts
8,006 battles

Seriously, even if I want my Johnston, I would happily pay for a The Sullivan if parts of its incomes go to museum ship in question.

• Cool 1

[ICEY]
Volunteer Moderator
486 posts

I had the honour of visiting USS The Sullivans a few years ago since it was just a hop across the border for me. Great ship with lots of history around it and I think it should be recognized in game as well. Selling a bundle with USS The Sullivans with the proceeds going towards the park could be a good way to raise funds to repair the ship. I believe Wargaming did something similar back then with the USS Texas.

[O_O]
Members
7,892 posts
22,043 battles

I don't need any more ships, but I would buy The Sullivans if part of the proceeds go towards her saving.  I will be donating directly to those efforts tomorrow, as well.

[TF617]
Members
133 posts

It wouldn't even be that difficult on the game side, just clone Kidd/Fletcher/Black, give it the economy of a premium of tier 8 if it is a Kidd clone, and tier 9 if it is a Fletcher/Black clone. While USS The Sullivans kind of kicked this off (and should get priority), this should be done with all the museum ships that are currently in game, plus the USS Hornet to her Essex-class successor. I think it would be a great way for WG to get some good PR finally, and possibly convince players who are currently unwilling to open their wallets to WG, to open up. I wouldn't be opposed to clones of existing ships, such as the Iowas, being released in a similar vein of the ARP Kongo and Myoko lines, TT ship clones with premium economy, as long as half the purchase price goes to the respective museum, and the base purchase if comparable to that of a premium of that tier, in the case of the Iowas, $77 would be the base price.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,619 battles
4 hours ago, FltCaptAlan said:

It wouldn't even be that difficult on the game side, just clone Kidd/Fletcher/Black, give it the economy of a premium of tier 8 if it is a Kidd clone, and tier 9 if it is a Fletcher/Black clone. While USS The Sullivans kind of kicked this off (and should get priority), this should be done with all the museum ships that are currently in game, plus the USS Hornet to her Essex-class successor. I think it would be a great way for WG to get some good PR finally, and possibly convince players who are currently unwilling to open their wallets to WG, to open up. I wouldn't be opposed to clones of existing ships, such as the Iowas, being released in a similar vein of the ARP Kongo and Myoko lines, TT ship clones with premium economy, as long as half the purchase price goes to the respective museum, and the base purchase if comparable to that of a premium of that tier, in the case of the Iowas, $77 would be the base price.

I wouldn't mind a non-ARP version of the Haruna, the Kongo class BB that survived the longest and would have the best refit of any of the Kongo.  It'd probably be either a rather good tier 5 or a not particularly spectacular tier (depending on how good the refit was).

As for Fletcher clones, the one thing I do NOT want to see is yet another USN premium DD that's armed with crappy torps (i.e. Sims or Black) or only one rack of torps (Kidd).  I'd rather see a fletcher clone (if at all) that was as close to the tech tree fletcher as possible.  I'd rather see a good premium USN DD like the Benham (which is probably outright OP) or the tier 5 Hill (if one considers the Hill "good").

[WOLFX]
Members
807 posts
1,713 battles

Why? Just because an old warship is rusting and sinking.

Time to turn it into ploughshares.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

I'd love to see an event for the Sullivan in the style of the one done for Texas, where a portion of profit goes towards the museum ship.

The Sullivans gets donations & we get a ship.

• Cool 1

[LFC]
[LFC]
Members
31 posts
14,820 battles

Commenting due the current situation. I would gladly buy The Sullivans as a tier 9 premium (Fletcher class) if WG would donate the proceeds to help save The Sullivans, which has partially sunk at its berth.

[NGA-C]
Members
5 posts
625 battles

I would definitely buy a premium ship modelled for The Sullivans, especially if part of the proceeds goes to the Buffalo Naval and Military Park (non-profit who is trying to maintain her, does not get federal nor state funding to maintain). As a matter of fact, I'd buy the Kidd in a heartbeat if part of the proceeds went to the organization who maintains.  Heck, why not put a group of Fletchers including the Cassin Young with the other two - you could even have a special scenario with the four Fletchers.  I think there's increased interest in the ship(s).

PS - Be sure to check out the Buffalo Naval Park for updates on The Sullivans:  the list is easing up a lot (from 30+ degrees to less than 15 degrees) since this weekend and the channel could definitely use the subscribers.