You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrNellis

Chat Settings

6 comments in this topic

[WGPB]
Members
49 posts
1,769 battles

First, thanks to all the captains that have offered constructive advice and tactics during the game to keep the team focused on the right objectives.  I know it takes extra work and time, so I appreciate the de facto leadership.

Is there a setting whereby the battle chat will audibly ping, chime, or ring for a new message? Sometimes I miss a whole string of good instructions because I forget to look over at the chat box.  Thanks in advance for any info.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,065 posts
21,313 battles
17 minutes ago, MrNellis said:

Is there a setting whereby the battle chat will audibly ping, chime, or ring for a new message? Sometimes I miss a whole string of good instructions because I forget to look over at the chat box.  Thanks in advance for any info.

I would like this also but don't think I have seen a mod for it. It is not built into the game though.

• Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,800 posts
20,759 battles
43 minutes ago, MrNellis said:

Is there a setting whereby the battle chat will audibly ping, chime, or ring for a new message? Sometimes I miss a whole string of good instructions because I forget to look over at the chat box

no offence, but alot of us are very glad there isn't a ping for messages.

The F-command messages can be annoying enough.

• Funny 1

[SUB4]
Members
1,716 posts
13,143 battles

At least in divisions your teammates are in yellow so they're easy to see.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,076 battles
43 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

no offence, but alot of us are very glad there isn't a ping for messages.

The F-command messages can be annoying enough.

No offense...but if the option was added you wouldn't have to use it.

1 hour ago, MrNellis said:

First, thanks to all the captains that have offered constructive advice and tactics during the game to keep the team focused on the right objectives.  I know it takes extra work and time, so I appreciate the de facto leadership.

That would be a good option (for teammates that are still alive...& no red team open chat)...

But as an option only & not just on for everybody at all times...I understand many don't want to be pinged for a bunch of salt but I could deal with it if it gave me notice of important stuff also because salt doesn't bother me & I miss important chat often also.

I get the "get back" quick commands & the concentrate ones (as the quick commands give you an audible message)...but often miss strategy ideas that I could have helped out with by being focussed on other things in the heat of battle.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles

While at it, they could add a transparency slider to the chat box too. 

• Cool 3