Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Atlantico Dockyard Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

218 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

17,814
[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles

Week 1 done. Well, still have to do the BXP task (have a little over 4K left and that is done too). Wasn't bad but man that is a lot of credits to earn.

I bought both Starter Packs so that put me at 11/22. Finishing the week gave 1 so 12/22. Once I finish the BXP task that is another 1 (13/22). I might end up buying a few more phases out to get it earlier. Not sure yet. Kind of want this one.

I also finished off week 1 of the Italian DD Part 2 Collection Missions at almost the same time which was nice (needed 2 more BB games to finish dockyard).

Did...

  • 5X Fires
  • Win 4 Battles
  • 7 Kills
  • 2.9 Million Credits (Cruiser)
  • 2.9 Million Credits (DD)
  • 2.9 Million Credits (BB)

Week 1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

I got 5/6 done.

I am at 15.5 / 19k BXP, so I will finish that one tomorrow.  This step wasn't so bad, but I see a few down the line that are going to be a tough grind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles

For me, it's all about the Steel.

shot-22_04.14_15_34.46-0843.thumb.jpg.a80dc6e280d53608544b170f8e3d0f5b.jpg

 

I was on a short Hiatus, but with this Dockyard and the Supers (which I can use to complete dockyard!), time for me to get back in the seat.  I won't complete Week 1 today, but should be able to tomorrow.  It'll depend on when I get home after work.  Gotta do my DOT Physical after work...yay.

 

From what I saw, at least 7 of the Phase tokens can be completed in Scenario's.  This means I can focus on the Co-Op ones first.  If I don't finish the Scenario ones in the process, it's a simple matter to run Ops to finish them off.  The only ones that have my attention is the 2.1m Spot Dam in Week 5 and the 48m Pot Dam in Week 7.  The 48m Pot Dam I'm listing is because I don't know how much time we'll have once that week comes up.  I'll be using Moskva a LOT for that one. :Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,814
[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
33 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I got 5/6 done.

I am at 15.5 / 19k BXP, so I will finish that one tomorrow.  This step wasn't so bad, but I see a few down the line that are going to be a tough grind.

 

Yeah isn’t there an insane potential damage one? I seem to recall going :cap_wander: when I looked ahead and saw it. I will get the ship either way as I got both starter packs. Nice being able to say nope to ones like that.

13 minutes ago, Volron said:

For me, it's all about the Steel.

shot-22_04.14_15_34.46-0843.thumb.jpg.a80dc6e280d53608544b170f8e3d0f5b.jpg

 

I was on a short Hiatus, but with this Dockyard and the Supers (which I can use to complete dockyard!), time for me to get back in the seat.  I won't complete Week 1 today, but should be able to tomorrow.  It'll depend on when I get home after work.  Gotta do my DOT Physical after work...yay.

 

From what I saw, at least 7 of the Phase tokens can be completed in Scenario's.  This means I can focus on the Co-Op ones first.  If I don't finish the Scenario ones in the process, it's a simple matter to run Ops to finish them off.  The only ones that have my attention is the 2.1m Spot Dam in Week 5 and the 48m Pot Dam in Week 7.  The 48m Pot Dam I'm listing is because I don't know how much time we'll have once that week comes up.  I'll be using Moskva a LOT for that one. :Smile_playing:

:cap_like: Let us know how you like it.

I have only see one all day so far which surprised me. I figured people would buy it out left and right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah isn’t there an insane potential damage one? I seem to recall going :cap_wander: when I looked ahead and saw it. I will get the ship either way as I got both starter packs. Nice being able to say nope to ones like that.

:cap_like: Let us know how you like it.

I have only see one all day so far which surprised me. I figured people would buy it out left and right.

I have not seen any.  I too bought both boosters, but the rest is grind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,760
[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles
40 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I have not seen any.  I too bought both boosters, but the rest is grind. 

Same here.

Mostly I do this to get ‘extra’ phases done, to collect steel, since I refuse to play Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,814
[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
1 hour ago, kyesac said:

I have not seen any.  I too bought both boosters, but the rest is grind. 

Things are pretty straight forward and reasonable until Week 4 hits and then it appears WG lost their ever loving minds :fish_boom: with some of this. Looks like they did it this way in the hopes people will get started and into the dockyard, without looking ahead, then get discouraged at the requirements and spend doubloons instead to finish. Some of these late stage tasks are just asinine even for PVP play never mind trying to do them in Co-op. Some of these are Puerto Rico dockyard levels of :etc_swear:. What are they thinking? :Smile-angry:

The highlights of what to look "forward to" Week 4 - Week 7.

Week 4:

  • Task 3 (token task) = 16,750,000 Potential Damage

Week 5:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 2,150,000 Spotting Damage

Week 6:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 46,000 BXP

Week 7:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 48,000,000 Potential Damage
  • Will have to do at least a couple of these (not token tasks)
    • Task 5 =  42,000 BXP (DD)
    • Task 6 = 42,000 BXP (Cruiser)
    • Task 7 = 42,000 BXP (BB)
    • Task 8 = 42,000 BXP (CV)

After taking a closer look at what has to be done I am going to reevaluate spending doubloons to buy the rest out (in addition to the 2 starter packs I got). I am not going to kill myself to get a little extra Steel (2750 beyond what the starter packs get). I will probably stop with the 2 starter packs and just do enough to ensure I get the ship and then settle for whatever I get that way. No sense spending doubloons to get steel if I won't be able to do it. I will only spend more to make sure I get the ship if that becomes in doubt.

All I can say is some of those ^^^ are just unreasonable and nuts. :Smile_sceptic: 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
695
[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Things are pretty straight forward and reasonable until Week 4 hits and then it appears WG lost their ever loving minds :fish_boom: with some of this. Looks like they did it this way in the hopes people will get started and into the dockyard, without looking ahead, then get discouraged at the requirements and spend doubloons instead to finish. Some of these late stage tasks are just asinine even for PVP play never mind trying to do them in Co-op. Some of these are Puerto Rico dockyard levels of [edited]:etc_swear: are they thinking. :Smile-angry:

The highlights of what to look "forward to" Week 4 - Week 7.

Week 4:

  • Task 3 (token task) = 16,750,000 Potential Damage

Week 5:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 2,150,000 Spotting Damage

Week 6:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 46,000 BXP

Week 7:

  • Task 4 (token task) = 48,000,000 Potential Damage
  • Will have to do at least a couple of these (not token tasks)
    • Task 5 =  42,000 BXP (DD)
    • Task 6 = 42,000 BXP (Cruiser)
    • Task 7 = 42,000 BXP (BB)
    • Task 8 = 42,000 BXP (CV)

After taking a closer look at what has to be done I am going to reevaluate spending doubloons to buy the rest out (in addition to the 2 starter packs I got). I am not going to kill myself to get a little extra Steel (2750 beyond what the starter packs get). I will probably stop with the 2 starter packs and just do enough to ensure I get the ship and then settle for whatever I get that way. No sense spending doubloons to get steel if I won't be able to do it. I will only spend more to make sure I get the ship if that becomes in doubt.

All I can say is some of those ^^^ are just unreasonable and nuts. :Smile_sceptic: 

It used to be that for a T8 ship, the tasks were fairly doable while those for a T9 were harder.  Some of these are right behind the whole PR fiasco.

I managed to get 14k BXP, but I played about twice what I normally do.  Considering that I bought the 2 boosters, I will be able to get the ship, but I might just have to start reevaluating doing dockyards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

:cap_like: Let us know how you like it.

I have only see one all day so far which surprised me. I figured people would buy it out left and right.

So far she's proving to be fun.  Some things you probably know about her; short ranged (18.6k), slow (26.3knt w/flag), a touch squishy, no HE and her AP struggles against angled targets.  But; she has 11.3k secondary range (w/flag) with good arcs (surprisingly good on her 9"), her secondaries are reasonably accurate as well.  She's also very responsive, practically stops on a dime and has decent rudder response.  Her AA is sorta meh, but I've only been attacked a few times so can't really make a call on it just yet.  Her turrets (at least her forward turrets) are very quick and all of them have okay arcs, and if she has a broadside to hit she'll do some work.  I need a bit more time with her to get a better handle on her guns.  They are shotgun-y at range without accuracy mod in 3, but up close seem to be fairly accurate.

Overall I need a little more time with her.  I can give a more accurate assessment then. :Smile_great:

 

I'm really liking her secondaries though.  The larger caliber ones will do some damage if the connect with squishy bits.  The smaller ones only have 21mm of pen though, so I'm thinking of putting IFHE on her.  I know it's really not going to net me any meaningful gain, but I wanna test anyways. :Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,158
[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

All I can say is some of those ^^^ are just unreasonable and nuts. :Smile_sceptic: 

Yeah I bailed after seeing stage 7.

I could play enough to get this done, but the privilege of paying for a tier 8 premium isn't worth it, even discounted. 

With 2 weeks clear at the end, I might finish stage 6.

Week 1 will finish Saturday (credits being the big slow down).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,844
[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts

I just looked at the ship and thought, meh, is she worth the 3 phase doubloon cost?

I know she isn't worth any more doubloons to me because I have more ships then I can play already, so is the real question is 'is going to be a ship that I will enjoy playing - a ship I want to play!' And I just can't see her being that.

So is she worth the 3 phase doubloon asking price to be a future Port Queen - it is a difficult choice for me, because if I spend, then I grind (and whilst grinding I get the other rewards:cap_like:); it can also be the case that if I actually get a Super Container AND it is actually 'Super' :cap_wander:then if I already have this ship, I will be in with a better chance of winning one I want! Not such a simple choice for me. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,771
[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,489 battles

There's no gold ship along the way this time, and TBH another DD doesn't motivate me. I think I'll pass on this one. Good luck to those on the chase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts

when they force a particular class to be played ... that's when it pushes me over the edge.  yeah yeah i know i should play all classes to 'get gooder' but its a game, if i don't enjoy it, i will quickly wander off to doing something else like watching the tulips come up...

 

and of course being the only ship of it's line it will be a port queen, only useful for flakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,708
[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
2 hours ago, Efros said:

There's no gold ship along the way this time, and TBH another DD doesn't motivate me. I think I'll pass on this one. Good luck to those on the chase.

Ditto @!   I'm a solid pass on this one.  I've bought both starter packs in previous Dockyards and enjoyed the steel......  I won't be spending anymore.  Not until I know where the money goes and to whom.  We all have to do something to support those in need or in danger and not spending on a game, especially this game, is a good gesture.....

Good luck to those chasing this "riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma..."!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,814
[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
30 minutes ago, SKurj said:

when they force a particular class to be played ... that's when it pushes me over the edge.  yeah yeah i know i should play all classes to 'get gooder' but its a game, if i don't enjoy it, i will quickly wander off to doing something else like watching the tulips come up...

 

and of course being the only ship of it's line it will be a port queen, only useful for flakes.

I don't mind ship type specific tasks overall but 42K BXP in each of them, and in the same week, is just totally asinine. That is the kind of BXP task you ask of the players ONCE not 4X's in the same week. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,708
[HOP4S]
Members
6,995 posts
35,446 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't mind ship type specific tasks overall but 42K BXP in each of them, and in the same week, is just totally asinine. That is the kind of BXP task you ask of the players ONCE not 4X's in the same week. 

We're rooting for you to "get er Done !"  

In the meantime, the rest of us will be outside:   gardening, cutting the grass and shooting at very long distances !!!  And, if the weather cooperates, Turkey hunting !!!  Thanksgiving is only "in the bag" if I can bag a Turkey !!!

Good luck AT - we are rooting for ya !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[SVEN]
Beta Testers
679 posts
18,086 battles

I figure I'll take a nice sedate pace on this first week.  Have a hockey game both tonight and tomorrow evening and I have to go to work tomorrow morning for a while.  Credits are easy enough to get with prem time + prem ships + signals and I'll be playing anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,282
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, Volron said:

For me, it's all about the Steel.

shot-22_04.14_15_34.46-0843.thumb.jpg.a80dc6e280d53608544b170f8e3d0f5b.jpg

 

I whaled on it also for the steel.  Took her out several times in Co-Op to give her a try.  Looking at her armor scheme it's very tough for the brawl.  Waterline citadel + 51mm turtlebacks.  She'll get Pen'ed but Citadeled?  Probably hard to do.

 

Gunnery is decent.  Secondaries are according to fitting tool, equal to Massachusetts in range and accuracy.  The big catch is that the secondaries fire pretty slow.  Her secondaries put in equivalent work to the German BBs given the chance.

 

AA?  If you take this thing into PVP I'd be worried for you.

 

For PVE she has one glaring weakness:  25kts max speed.  Tier VIII is Fast Battleship country.

At Tier VIII the German Brawler BBs are about 30kts.

Massachusetts is 27kts and there are times in Co-Op where that's barely cutting it if you have aggressive DD + Cruiser + German Battlecruiser players with you.

 

Atlantico's various weapon systems given the chance do fantastic work, but getting to use them at 25kts is a problem.

FAR7akb.jpeg

 

It could always be worse though.  25kts is slow for Tier VIII, but at least you're not Kansas 23kts slow.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,242 battles

I enjoyed the last dockyard ... not because I was trying to get the Marlborough, but because the rewards along the way were of value to me. The Dreadnought and the Repulse in other words.

I looked closely at the rewards on the way for the Atlantico, and decided that they didn't inspire me to be honest, but I figured "Hey - free stuff is free stuff".

But then ... having completed 5 out of 6 missions for the first phase I looked at what I'd have to do to get the final mission:

Either earn 2200 bxp in random or ranked ... nope. Don't play those modes.

OR

Earn 2.9 million credits using a DD, BB or CV.  Ok DD it is!

But the feeding frenzy in COOP added to the fact that I'm just not all that good in DDs (yet) means I'm not having fun. I'll revisit it in a couple of days to see if the frenzy is back to 'normal' levels, but given how grindy the later missions are at this point I'm thinking I'm gonna write this one off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles
23 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I whaled on it also for the steel.  Took her out several times in Co-Op to give her a try.  Looking at her armor scheme it's very tough for the brawl.  Waterline citadel + 51mm turtlebacks.  She'll get Pen'ed but Citadeled?  Probably hard to do.

 

Gunnery is decent.  Secondaries are according to fitting tool, equal to Massachusetts in range and accuracy.  The big catch is that the secondaries fire pretty slow.  Her secondaries put in equivalent work tot he German BBs given the chance.

 

AA?  If you take this thing into PVP I'd be worried for you.

 

For PVE she has one glaring weakness:  25kts max speed.  Tier VIII if Fast Battleship country.

At Tier VIII the German Brawler BBs are about 30kts.

Massachusetts is 27kts and there are times in Co-Op where that's barely cutting it if you have aggressive DD + Cruiser + German Battlecruiser players with you.

 

Atlantico's various weapon systems given the chance do fantastic work, but getting to use them at 25kts is a problem.

FAR7akb.jpeg

 

It could always be worse though.  25kts is slow for Tier VIII, but at least you're not Kansas 23kts slow.

 

Honestly she feels like a Kansas when being shot at, but catches fire like KM stuff (which is all the time in my case). :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,282
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles
42 minutes ago, Volron said:

 

Honestly she feels like a Kansas when being shot at, but catches fire like KM stuff (which is all the time in my case). :Smile_veryhappy:

The problem with those High Tier, new, slow USN BBs is that they are unbelievably fat.  They're big, fatter targets than other Battleships and the accompanying superstructure makes it all but impossible to miss them.

 

Resistance to catching on fire are based on whether the hull is upgraded and the tier of the ship.  CVs catch fire more easily.  Upgraded hulls and being a higher tier = Less chance to catch fire.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

Your German non-CVs are no more susceptible to catching on fire than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,374
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
On 4/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

I enjoyed the last dockyard ... not because I was trying to get the Marlborough, but because the rewards along the way were of value to me. The Dreadnought and the Repulse in other words.

I looked closely at the rewards on the way for the Atlantico, and decided that they didn't inspire me to be honest, but I figured "Hey - free stuff is free stuff".

But then ... having completed 5 out of 6 missions for the first phase I looked at what I'd have to do to get the final mission:

Either earn 2200 bxp in random or ranked ... nope. Don't play those modes.

OR

Earn 2.9 million credits using a DD, BB or CV.  Ok DD it is!

But the feeding frenzy in COOP added to the fact that I'm just not all that good in DDs (yet) means I'm not having fun. I'll revisit it in a couple of days to see if the frenzy is back to 'normal' levels, but given how grindy the later missions are at this point I'm thinking I'm gonna write this one off.

i just ran bb's and cruisers through Narai, didn't take long

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,282
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,144 posts
30,906 battles

I was playing with Atlantico again and I had a funny thought.  She's a preview of what a supposed West Virginia '44 / '45 would be like, but better.

 

There's been a bunch of guys that wanted a mega secondaries WV '44 / '45.

Atlantico is a powerful secondaries oriented Battleship, but her speed is an issue.  At 25kts, she's 4kts faster than the Colorado-class.

A late war Wee Vee would surely be Tier VIII and would in no way be found in Tier VII alongside Colorado that lacks those upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[KIVA]
Members
699 posts

The top speed is really what's holding my wallet shut, but the isolation of sailing under a flag with no tech tree doesn't help either. Do I really *need* a 25kt secondary brawler that can't share commanders with anything else in my port, when I already have Mass, Odin, Tirpitz, and Bismarck at the same tier? 234mm secondaries, cool, roger that, but... speed. 25kts at T8 is just not good for the co-op damage race. Mass is 2.5kts faster and she feels way too slow sometimes. There are nights I feel like I need to stick speed flags on even my 30kt BBs to get them into the action fast enough. Cool looking ship, but... nope, gonna have to pass on this one. She'd end up as a very cool looking, snowflake-melting port queen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×