You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kyesac

Annapolis First Run

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

Title says it.  First time through with the Annapolis.  Not a great game, but fairly average.  I did finish first on the team, but nothing great.

With premium time and the two credit economic flags (20% more credits and 10% less service costs), I still ended up losing 76k credits.  Going to be costly for sure.

shot-22.04.14_13.43.27-0206.jpg

shot-22.04.14_13.43.29-0255.jpg

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

Yeah, I’m not likely to play them outside Co-op, so I’m not sure I’ll even get them.

Played ten games each during the just finished Rentals.

Irony of ironies; my best game was in the one I hated most; 201k in United States.

• Haha 1

[1813]
Members
453 posts
23,569 battles

Played Annapolis and I ended up with 800 Base XP and I STLL got MINUS 160k credits, really ???

Also played Yamagiri this time with modifiers and I still ended up -36k credits and I payed those ships almost 100 million  credits 

I will not buy any other superships until mods are made because losing credits this way is not sustainable in the long run

Edited by 3r22r
add info

[PAT]
Members
1,258 posts
15,083 battles

With premium time alone, seems to be +/-100k for me depending if the game is good or not.

With economic signals and camos on top of that, pretty much any match is an easy profit.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
48 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Played Annapolis and I ended up with 800 Base XP and I STLL got MINUS 160k credits, really ???

Also played Yamagiri this time with modifiers and I still ended up -36k credits and I payed those ships almost 100 million  credits 

I will not buy any other superships until mods are made because losing credits this way is not sustainable in the long run

That is exactly what WG said they wanted and why the Service Fee is 2X that of a T10 (360K). They told us this would be the case many times (see below).

They spent all that time and resources developing and testing the ships but they don't actually want us to play them.

Another intelligent and well reasoned idea by the fine folks at WG LOL. :fish_palm:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/296

Supership Economy

One of the most important aspects to consider when adding Superships to the tech tree is their economy, meaning their post-battle income and maintenance cost. Over many years of active development, the game’s economy has, in a sense, accelerated due to the many bonuses and economic signals introduced, making it easier to earn Credits on even the most expensive-to-maintain Tier X ships and significantly influencing their popularity

When it comes to Superships, we decided to change our approach in order to both prevent them from becoming too popular in the matchmaker and to ensure that Tier X ships have an economic advantage over them.

• Credit earnings in Superships will be similar to Tier X ships.
  • Post-battle servicing costs for Superships will be set to 360,000 Credits.
  • Permanent camouflages on Superships will not reduce servicing costs or increase Credit earnings. However, they will give higher XP per battle bonus.

Like I said, they don't actually want us to play them. 

I think they will get their wish with the purchase price + service fee + useless perma camos (which btw no one will buy as they removed the reason to buy them by taking away +credits and -service fee bonuses from them - real smart move on that as it costs them real money :fish_palm:). Once people realize they are not economically viable to play they will stop playing them and then maybe WG will create a reasonable economy for them. Doubtful but maybe.

I really am only interested in Eagle but what's the point. I would actually really like it but I will not lose credits, by design, because WG thinks it's bad some of us have extra credits. I actually can afford the ship and to play it as often as I want (well for a long time but not indefinitely) but why do that? Why play ships that I will lose hundreds of thousands of credits game after game even with PT + flags and camos? Just NO!

I will never understand why players having excess credits bothers them so much. The people that have those extra credits are pretty much done grinding anyway so the credits have no where to go. It isn't newbies with those credit stockpiles. It isn't like we can use them on things that otherwise cost real money. Other than buying combat flags in the armory with them (at ridiculous prices you never recover using them) credits are like Elite and Premium ship XP - just sits there with no use. Players like me (end game stage) could have TRILLIONS of credits and it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things but somehow they think it matters and is a real problem. :Smile_sceptic:

Who freaking cares how many credits people accumulate. All they should care about is that people play the game. If people are happy they play more AND happy players will spend some/more real $$$ along the way. Happy players play and spend more. Miserable players play less and/or quit and spend less.

Making the grind even worse than it already is by removing things like flags from achievements, SS economy, raising Capt's to 21 pts and adding 70% increase to the grind to an elite Capt, and just on and on and on discourages people; it doesn't motivate them to grind more. I think it is a shame personally what they have done implementing SS's. Just seems like a colossal waste of time and money on their end to develop and introduce ships they don't want us to play and the vast majority can't afford to buy and/or play. It's just stupid.

Rant over... :Smile-angry:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,539 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

That is exactly what WG said they wanted and why the Service Fee is 2X that of a T10 (360K). They told us this would be the case many times (see below).

They spent all that time and resources developing and testing the ships but they don't actually want us to play them.

Another intelligent and well reasoned idea by the fine folks at WG LOL. :fish_palm:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/296

We would like to avoid an over-population of Super battleships compared to other ship types, so we assigned them a higher purchasing cost.

Supership Economy

One of the most important aspects to consider when adding Superships to the tech tree is their economy, meaning their post-battle income and maintenance cost. Over many years of active development, the game’s economy has, in a sense, accelerated due to the many bonuses and economic signals introduced, making it easier to earn Credits on even the most expensive-to-maintain Tier X ships and significantly influencing their popularity

When it comes to Superships, we decided to change our approach in order to both prevent them from becoming too popular in the matchmaker and to ensure that Tier X ships have an economic advantage over them.

• Credit earnings in Superships will be similar to Tier X ships.
  • Post-battle servicing costs for Superships will be set to 360,000 Credits.
  • Permanent camouflages on Superships will not reduce servicing costs or increase Credit earnings. However, they will give higher XP per battle bonus.

Like I said, they don't actually want us to play them. 

IMHO the idea behind their introduction is to make credits more valuable and to monetize credits for the company much like World of Tanks.  There probably will be no real change with their addition to the game for a while but I expect that eventually players will need to use Superships for events just like they require the use of tier 10 ships now for many things.  I doubt most average players will have to use the ships, probably only see them required for Clan Battles and Ranked at first. 

WoWS developers always think in a linear fashion, "if we do this, players will do this". Thinking outside the box isn't something they do very well. What will happen is players will figure out how to game the game to maximize credit earnings while reducing costs AND playing the ships they want to play.

My only question is how long will it take them to introduce freemium/premium/special Superships? 

[WOLFG]
Members
17,119 posts
20,503 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

IMHO the idea behind their introduction is to make credits more valuable and to monetize credits for the company much like World of Tanks.  There probably will be no real change with their addition to the game for a while but I expect that eventually players will need to use Superships for events just like they require the use of tier 10 ships now for many things.  I doubt most average players will have to use the ships, probably only see them required for Clan Battles and Ranked at first. 

WoWS developers always think in a linear fashion, "if we do this, players will do this". Thinking outside the box isn't something they do very well. What will happen is players will figure out how to game the game to maximize credit earnings while reducing costs AND playing the ships they want to play.

My only question is how long will it take them to introduce freemium/premium/special Superships? 

Bolded for truth.  At best this is a short term solution to the "credit glut".  I doubt it will even work that well.

Not seeing me dump these for superships:

Screenshot (2).png

[PTRGT]
Members
508 posts
78,197 battles

I have /had over 600 million Credits and other than a few tech tree ships to get there is not much to spend them on so I picked up 5 of the Super ships (not the Cv's)

The only reason I'm playing any of them right now is for the Super Contain mission for them.  (figure I'll get some more bad camo's will be inside)

I'm loosing around 50 to 70,000 credits per game with credit flags so I'm down to just over 225 million left

Once that's done they will rarely be used

[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,489 battles

If there was a bonus on the base XP earnable I think most people would be okay with silver losses but as it stands I'll be taking out Annapolis only when I want a bit of a change.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles

TO ALL:  If you have Meritorious Service Camos, use them on superships.  Look at my post today in Coop games over 1000 BXP.  I made 422k credits.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
27 minutes ago, kyesac said:

TO ALL:  If you have Meritorious Service Camos, use them on superships.  Look at my post today in Coop games over 1000 BXP.  I made 422k credits.

I actually disagree with this as a means of playing SS's. I don't think it is the best use of those camos. I responded in another thread where you said the same so instead of reposting all that I will link my comments. No offense meant my friend just offering a counter view into the discussion is all. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CO-OP]
Members
3,732 posts
37,489 battles

Using Winter Threads Camo I managed a 2k profit in an Annapolis 900 BXP game. Good fun though, 18 superships.

[SRPH]
Members
260 posts
19,688 battles

My reasoni9ng for not going heavy into the super ships is that they are the same as other tech tree ships, when it comes to commanders.  If I could drop my 21-point commander into any of my super ships, super ships would be attractive.  Retraining a high value commander is prohibitive and training up a low value commander is prohibitively expensive in a super ship.

[CVA16]
Members
8,873 posts
27,073 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 3:13 PM, 3r22r said:

because losing credits this way is not sustainable in the long run

Which is why WG added them. Players will have to pay real cash to  keep playing them

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,142 posts
30,906 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 4:12 PM, Taylor3006 said:

There's already players that are making profits with these in Random Battles.  They play well being the biggest ingredient, and have other things like Premium Acct and the other fancy stuff to make it feasible.  Which is what WG wants.  They want you to get Premium Acct, Zulu Flags, and possibly even the +credits equivalent to the stuff like Dragon Flags.  Not to mention consumable camo.

It's not just draining credits.  It's to get you to spend.  I already do Premium Acct, I've got tons of Premium Ships, but these Super Ships have me wary.  I've played them over the course of the test phases and I even broke down and bought a few with the actual release, but I do not spam them and I refuse to burn precious amounts of resources to simply play them a lot.  I'll play them here and there but I will not break my resources for them.

=====

As for Annapolis, she's good but the lack of torpedoes means there's instances of heavy targets in the area (BBs) that she cannot quickly put down.  So, those BBs like Satsuma and Hannover can get more time to blast Annapolis back for big damage.  She may have a bunch of DM guns, but you aren't alpha-ing Tier X BBs like GK, Hannover, Satsuma, Republique, etc. quickly before they can get some good shots at you.  Annapolis, Conde have the same armor profile as Des Moines, Henri IV, so the same stuff that can delete DM & Henri can delete Annapolis, Conde.

Annapolis for me is alright but Conde is superior.  Need more games though.  She's fast, she can do well with her guns, MBRB is actually useful, her AP is great, her HE melts and burns, and she has torpedoes.

5pSqUHQ.jpeg

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts

Silly question, surely answered already somewhere in the forum but... I'm lazy.

Do these "Superships" require a dedicated captain now or can we use one from another ship like we can on premiums? I'm guessing not since they're technically "tech tree" ships?

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,291 battles
39 minutes ago, xamdam said:

Silly question, surely answered already somewhere in the forum but... I'm lazy.

Do these "Superships" require a dedicated captain now or can we use one from another ship like we can on premiums? I'm guessing not since they're technically "tech tree" ships?

They need their own dedicated Captain. 

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
47 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They need their own dedicated Captain. 

Dedicated pass then. TY

[SRPH]
Members
260 posts
19,688 battles

Yes, the super ships are very expensive to run.  However, the Annapolis is sufficiently fun that I may play it for ribbon chase missions.  In fact, I may even buy the super ship extending from the Minotaur.  I am less certain about picking up Satsuma and Hannover, while the DDs do not excite me, at all.  Paying for the privilege to suck as badly in a super CV as I suck in normal CVs is a complete non-starter.

[WOLF1]
Members
258 posts
12,242 battles
On 4/15/2022 at 9:01 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I will never understand why players having excess credits bothers them so much. The people that have those extra credits are pretty much done grinding anyway so the credits have no where to go.

Not only that ... but <whoever owns/runs WOWS> got a LOT of benefit from people doing what they did to accumulate that pile of credits.

To get a huge pile of credits people had to either

• Spend actual money in the premium shop and buy something like the Admiral Chest or the Boatswain Bundle which contained credits along with something else,
  • Play the game a lot, thereby serving as cannon-fodder and competition for the whales.

In short, players got those credits by doing stuff that made <whoever owns/runs WOWS> money one way or another. I think Superships are an attempt to KEEP people doing those things that benefit the company.

As for the Superships themselves ... I'm fairly indifferent to them at the moment given the current state of COOP. They represent little threat in the hands of the current bots.

HOWEVER, they DO open an interesting line of speculation: Are all bots going to be equal?

It will be interesting to see if, over the coming months, the bots commanding the superships improve MORE than the bots commanding the other ships. If they do, that would represent an attempt to get more people to buy and play the superships ... because nobody likes being on the wrong end of an uneven playing field.

Time will tell.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,142 posts
30,906 battles
9 hours ago, xamdam said:

Dedicated pass then. TY

Most especially if you don't have that many captains to go around to begin with.  If high point captains are not abundant, then specializing them for a ship you don't intend to use much is no bueno.

Specializing Lutjens on Hannover would be idiotic, for example.

[DCRN]
Members
262 posts
48,090 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You think that's bad, imagine having 2 21pt cmdrs on Nurnberg, including Lutjens.

[WOLF9]
Members
2,317 posts
35,833 battles
On 4/15/2022 at 8:09 PM, RLBell said:

My reasoni9ng for not going heavy into the super ships is that they are the same as other tech tree ships, when it comes to commanders.  If I could drop my 21-point commander into any of my super ships, super ships would be attractive.  Retraining a high value commander is prohibitive and training up a low value commander is prohibitively expensive in a super ship.

Agree.  I set a goal late last year to get all of my T10 tech tree ships' Commanders to 21 points.  Now this comes along and I am NOT going to pay to train these commanders to the T11 ships.  Just not worth the time or the money for several reasons:

1) I spend more than enough on this game and not upping my limit

2) I only have one T11 (Annapolis) and luckily I have an extra commander for that one.  I do not own any other T11 and not sure if I will even be buying any more.  T10s and Premiums are fine with me.

3) In very good games in T11s I can make a nice profit, but even average to good games net me a loss.  I am not here to play matches to lose resources.

I am just not sure how I will proceed from here regarding T11.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
646 posts
On 5/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Well, actually of the "Unique" captains, Lutjens would be the most useful for me. I could still use him on my GK, Pomm, Tirpitz, Odin, Scharn and PEF.