Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ironshroud

IF hidden menace were not broken...

12 comments in this topic

[COOP2]
Members
565 posts
12,046 battles

Assuming there is no plane loss issue with hidden menace, would it be a skill worth the 4 points, and for which ships or nations? 

If so, would it be worth paring with concealment module?

My assumption for use is two potential cases (at least two practical cases, I have a crazy idea too...), 1. Use with whatever line or ship is already the stealthiest, 2. Use on a line or ship that has a large number of planes on deck (not dependent as much on plane returning)

Any thoughts?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
26 minutes ago, Ironshroud said:

Assuming there is no plane loss issue with hidden menace, would it be a skill worth the 4 points, and for which ships or nations? 

My assumption for use is two potential cases (at least two practical cases, I have a crazy idea too...), 1. Use with whatever line or ship is already the stealthiest, 2. Use on a line or ship that has a large number of planes on deck (not dependent as much on plane returning)

Any thoughts?

Russian CVs enjoy being able to push up to island cover for repeat striking when able.

German Tech Tree CVs at Tier 8 and 10 have Secondary ranges which match their Concealment with a double-concealment build.

Japanese CVs can enjoy a stealthy playstyle, though that is more in the lower tiers of 6 and 8.

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
12,940 battles
27 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Russian CVs enjoy being able to push up to island cover for repeat striking when able.

German Tech Tree CVs at Tier 8 and 10 have Secondary ranges which match their Concealment with a double-concealment build.

Japanese CVs can enjoy a stealthy playstyle, though that is more in the lower tiers of 6 and 8.

audacious with that 9.4km concealment with it!

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,359 battles

Is it broken, or does it just add more of a risk for using it? I always thought it's designed this way, so that you and your planes can get closer before being detected, but the risk to plane loss was just too high for it to be very practical to build for.

[COOP2]
Members
565 posts
12,046 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

I noticed, that is my crazy idea. :Smile-_tongue: Already speced the parseval for secondaries, just not stealth. It's used in co-op so that makes for interesting matches where you get 150-200 secondary hits with your CV.

2 hours ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Is it broken, or does it just add more of a risk for using it?

@Ahskance will have to confirm (I'm not a CV expert by far) but I think the planes don't take more damage to regular AA so they fixed that with the 50% reduction in escape altitude, but the flak is still a problem.

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles

The continuous damage does cut off earlier in the "climbing out" phase for recalling, but the flak is still a very nasty issue against the slower moving, straight-lining planes.

• Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 8:24 PM, Ahskance said:

The continuous damage does cut off earlier in the "climbing out" phase for recalling, but the flak is still a very nasty issue against the slower moving, straight-lining planes.

How does one request further speed increases or, non straight line planes?

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,611 posts
16,549 battles
47 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

How does one request further speed increases or, non straight line planes?

Do you mean, "How does one request further development work on Hidden Menace?"

No ETA on this one.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
54 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

No ETA on this one.

Eloquence continues to allude me. Yea that's what I meant; okie doke.

[386LV]
Members
117 posts
13,570 battles
19 hours ago, Ahskance said:

No ETA on this one.

Good to know. I guess I will avoid using this skill on regular CVs for a very long time.

[386LV]
Members
117 posts
13,570 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, Ironshroud said:

Any thoughts?

If it were not broken, every CV can benefit from it hugely. I would even consider it a mandatory skill on several CVs. 

[BOTES]
Members
51 posts
6,542 battles

I just wish that the speed debuff wasn't applied until after reaching ascent height after dropping. On the high tier maps especially the return speed is a logistical issue as it is, having pretty much none of your squads return because of how it works now sucks.

Sign in to follow this