Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
defcon170

Dockyard Error?

40 comments in this topic

[TWFT3]
Members
21 posts
14,515 battles

The 4th task of the 5th week requires you to get 2 150 000 of spotting damage.  That seems high?  Especially given there are spotting damage missions in other weeks that are significantly less.  Could this be an error?

Spotting.png

Edited by defcon170
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Members
195 posts
5,380 battles
15 minutes ago, defcon170 said:

The 4th task of the 5th week requires you to get 2 150 000 of spotting damage.  That seems high?  Especially given there are spotting damage missions in other weeks that are significantly less.  Could this be an error?

Spotting.png

Yeah, that does seem a bit extreme.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles
38 minutes ago, defcon170 said:

Spotting.png

its possible, i think i pulled 130k spotting in one match in the FDG before lol

[PHD]
Members
472 posts
24,757 battles
2 minutes ago, JSFWRX85 said:

its possible, i think i pulled 130k spotting in one match in the FDG before lol

It's possible, but is it reasonable? As if that applies to dockyard missions...

My best is 152k in Fletcher in a Co-op battle. But my average is ~6700. That's more than 300 battles!

• Cool 1

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles
4 minutes ago, Potohto928 said:

It's possible, but is it reasonable? As if that applies to dockyard missions...

My best is 152k in Fletcher in a Co-op battle. But my average is ~6700. That's more than 300 battles!

depends on the class I guess. I imagine its probably pretty easy to rack up the spotting in CVs. Damage might suffer, but if you just fly around keeping ships spotted, the spotting damage will likely rack up. I am surprised it is that high though. I think 1,000,000 is probably pretty reasonable a grind. 

Edited by JSFWRX85

[TWFT3]
Members
21 posts
14,515 battles

To me it just seems disproportionately grindy given that the other spotting missions are in the hundreds of thousands

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,168 posts
9,063 battles
1 hour ago, defcon170 said:

Spotting.png

@Boggzy might want to look into if this is an error or not and tell the devs to work on a hot fix for the dockyard event specifically when it comes to purchasing starter packs. 

[LRM]
Members
1,793 posts
18,041 battles
1 hour ago, JSFWRX85 said:

depends on the class I guess. I imagine its probably pretty easy to rack up the spotting in CVs. Damage might suffer, but if you just fly around keeping ships spotted, the spotting damage will likely rack up. I am surprised it is that high though. I think 1,000,000 is probably pretty reasonable a grind. 

Coop CV is great for this. Just spotting TX bot CV and letting it die by your teammate guns, already will be like 80k (don't remember TX CV hp numbers but u get the idea). And before that, you can spot all other ships, no need to even shoot stuff.

Edited by crazyrom

[BONKY]
Members
2,276 posts
26,783 battles

Hope that's a bug, cause even the easiest way of getting 2.1million spotting damage quickly (random battles playing CVs or subs) you'd probably average about 100k spotting, and that would take about 20 games at that average.

[ERK]
Members
957 posts
14,936 battles

Get load of the last stage, 42,000 BXP missions for each ship, requiring 2 of these to be done!

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

Flashbacks to the PR fiasco.

9 minutes ago, Superczar said:

Get load of the last stage, 42,000 BXP missions for each ship, requiring 2 of these to be done!

Can they make it any more obvious that this dockyard is nothing more than a major money grab on their part? 42,000 BXP can take long enough when it can be done across all classes, but this,

image.thumb.png.8327dbcc7d9186d9f1509a6d1ce9960b.png

Won't be so bad if that stage is 6 missions to complete like the first but it isn't showing. Oh and for what the OP was asking about with regards to that spotting damage mission, in case anyone missed it this is for the final (7th) stage,

image.thumb.png.7da49dad6cdb250885179f99dd86a846.png

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,636 battles
3 hours ago, landedkiller said:

@Boggzy might want to look into if this is an error or not and tell the devs to work on a hot fix for the dockyard event specifically when it comes to purchasing starter packs. 

I don't believe it's a bug.

You can earn towards this mission with every game you play while you work on the class-specific missions.  While you play the CV and DD missions you are likely to earn quite a bit of this here.

Keep in mind that you only need 6 missions out of 9 to complete the "5. Battle of the Tonelero Pass" directive.  You can skip several of these, including the spotting damage mission if you so choose.  The purpose of needing only 6 out of 9 completed is so that you can choose which ones make you go, "Blech!  Not for me, thanks" and complete the ones that seem more reasonable to your playstyle.

For me it would probably look like:  
#1 - Win 6 Battles (any ship)
#2 - 46 "Hits to citadel" or "Set on Fire" ribbons (any ship)
#3 - Earn 95,000 XP (any ship)
#6 - Get 89 "Set on fire" or "Caused flooding" ribbons (cruisers)
#7 - Get 1050 "Main Battery Hits" ribbons (battleships)
#9 - In one battle, get 4 "destroyed" ribbons (any ship)

Those are the ones that fit my playstyle.  I ommited the DD and CV heavy missions, but I suspect that a very strong CV player like @Merc_R_Us or @ReimuBakarei would have no trouble earning that amount spotting damage over a day or two while playing CV's.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TDG]
[TDG]
Members
155 posts
16,336 battles
2 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

To my knowledge the pathing error was fixed.  

Are you coming at the armory from inside the game or from a browser?

I could not get in from inside the game about 30 min ago.  Still get 503 error from website as of now.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles
30 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Flashbacks to the PR fiasco.

Can they make it any more obvious that this dockyard is nothing more than a major money grab on their part? 42,000 BXP can take long enough when it can be done across all classes, but this,

image.thumb.png.8327dbcc7d9186d9f1509a6d1ce9960b.png

Won't be so bad if that stage is 6 missions to complete like the first but it isn't showing. Oh and for what the OP was asking about with regards to that spotting damage mission, in case anyone missed it this is for the final (7th) stage,

image.thumb.png.7da49dad6cdb250885179f99dd86a846.png

Ejecting.

• Funny 1

[ERK]
Members
957 posts
14,936 battles
17 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

You can earn towards this mission with every game you play while you work on the class-specific missions.  While you play the CV and DD missions you are likely to earn quite a bit of this here.

Keep in mind that you only need 6 missions out of 9 to complete the "5. Battle of the Tonelero Pass" directive.  You can skip several of these, including the spotting damage mission if you so choose.  The purpose of needing only 6 out of 9 completed is so that you can choose which ones make you go, "Blech!  Not for me, thanks" and complete the ones that seem more reasonable to your playstyle.

Those are the ones that fit my playstyle.  I ommited the DD and CV heavy missions, but I suspect that a very strong CV player like @Merc_R_Us or @ReimuBakarei would have no trouble earning that amount spotting damage over a day or two while playing CV's.

The spotting damage mission though is for a token, kinda hard for anyone to pass up if they only ponied up for the 3-token starter pack...

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,636 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Ejecting.

Did you read what I wrote above?  You can literally three of these.

Otherwise, just pick two and play through them while you complete the other missions.  42k Base XP is not as bad as you're making it sound :Smile_honoring:

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles
1 minute ago, Boggzy said:

Otherwise, just pick two and play through them while you complete the other missions.  42k Base XP is not as bad as you're making it sound :Smile_honoring:

Playing coop I might average 6k bxp per day.

Glad you find them easy.

• Cool 1

Members
1,147 posts
14 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

@Boggzy , your answer would be convincing, except for the fact that this particular mission (get 2.15M spotting damage) also appears to give a token to complete a dockyard step. So all you can do by doing some other missions is to buy you extra time (an extra 2-3 weeks apparently), but you have to complete that mission eventually or pony up the doubloons for the dockyard step.

Given how difficult it is to get spotting damage, I also see this mission as an outlier effort-wise. But perhaps someone on the team felt that it was time for a "Puerto Rico Tribute" mission...

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
5,196 posts
43,257 battles

If you complete the other tasks in the mission, you can proceed to the next week's missions.  While 2 million spotting damage might seems extreme to do in 1 week, you have at least 3 weeks to actually accumulate it.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
1,498 posts
8,467 battles
25 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

Keep in mind that you only need 6 missions out of 9 to complete the "5. Battle of the Tonelero Pass" directive.  You can skip several of these, including the spotting damage mission if you so choose.  

Also keep in mind: That mission is a Token mission so not doing it means an extra 1750 dubs if you want the Atlantico. Just sayin...

[RLGN]
Members
19,136 posts
35,170 battles
8 minutes ago, Boggzy said:

7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Playing coop I might average 6k bxp per day.

Glad you find them easy.

If you clear to the 1,300 bxp task every day, it's eight or nine days tops.

[WOLFG]
Members
17,103 posts
20,447 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you clear to the 1,300 bxp task every day, it's eight or nine days tops.

I do the 1300 bxp task every day.

It averages out to 6k per day.

It is per ship type.

So I could only play bb one week, then play cruiser or DD or CV for the entire next week.

[WG]
[WG]
Administrator
1,493 posts
15,636 battles
5 minutes ago, tangofan said:

@Boggzy , your answer would be convincing, except for the fact that this particular mission (get 2.15M spotting damage) also appears to give a token to complete a dockyard step. So all you can do by doing some other missions is to buy you extra time (an extra 2-3 weeks apparently), but you have to complete that mission eventually or pony up the doubloons for the dockyard step.

Given how difficult it is to get spotting damage, I also see this mission as an outlier effort-wise. But perhaps someone on the team felt that it was time for a "Puerto Rico Tribute" mission...

If the mission seems annoying to you (maybe you don't like playing CV's to get the spotting damage), then you can skip it and still progress through the mission tree.

You guys have a LONG time to complete these missions and once they're open, you have all the remaining time in the campaign to finish them, so they're not gating you the way that it's being made out here.

Yeah that one spotting mission is worth a token, but you will have 28 days to complete that mission even if you choose to complete 6 other ones in order to unlock the next set of missions.

Sorry, but I think Puerto Rico references here are off-the-mark.  I was a player and I remember that entire bitter pill.  This is nothing compared to that.  It will just take you making a plan of how you intend to complete them.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Sign in to follow this