Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cryogaijin

Event Commanders suggestion.

8 comments in this topic

[AERO]
Members
12 posts
7,696 battles

While event commanders can provide an early boost to new players, once you're established they're not really any different than standard hireable commanders. Especially if they don't have unique voice lines.

I would like to see some way to combine identical event commanders to yield a commander with one of the improved skills.  I'd propose that once your event commanders reach level 21 you can combine two of them to generate a single event commander with a "special skill." Or combine 3 for a Unique commander skill. (2 would get the slight increase you get for like Grease the Gears, 3 would give Lutjens' Secondary boost.)   This would accomplish several things:  First, it would add flavor and value to event commanders, leading to more people participating in the events. Secondly, it would allow people to customize their commanders a bit more, encouraging playing commanders other than the single Unique per country.  Finally, it would be a reason to level  your non-Unique commanders.

I would propose: 
Combine 2 identical 21 point event commanders=special commander skill of your choice.
Combine 3 identical 21 point event commanders=Unique commander skill of your choice. 
Combine 2 "special improved" event commanders=2nd special commander skills from the combined commanders.
Combine a "special improved" event commander with a "Unique improved" event commander=The combined skills. This would be a good top end of this, or you could do:
Combine 2 "unique improved" event commanders=two unique skills. (Like, oh, lutjens secondary skill, and Jersey's Torp reload skill. Or Kuznetzov's heal.)

I think this would be a good XP sink for the people who have nothing to spend theirs on, and would be fun to have Santa with extra murder.   Who doesn't want Murder Santa? 

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,909 battles

Best event commander came out some years ago though i would never want to change him! spoof of "The Mummy"  (1999) and its Rick O'Conell (Brendan Fraser) and Imhotep (Arnold Vosloo) combined.
Just wish that he had a special voice.

fsafasf.png

[M-B]
Members
137 posts

i wish we were getting the viva la dirt league guys. i dont do warships legends so dont get them. oh well, at least i still have two copies of jingles

[AERO]
Members
12 posts
7,696 battles
22 hours ago, Copperhead550 said:

Best event commander came out some years ago though i would never want to change him! spoof of "The Mummy"  (1999) and its Rick O'Conell (Brendan Fraser) and Imhotep (Arnold Vosloo) combined.
Just wish that he had a special voice.

fsafasf.png

You wouldn't like  a Mummy with grease the gears bonuses? 

[-GF-]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,909 battles
1 hour ago, Cryogaijin said:

You wouldn't like  a Mummy with grease the gears bonuses? 

greasy mummies are always better...

Members
678 posts
362 battles
On 4/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, iron_crosstx said:

i wish we were getting the viva la dirt league guys. i dont do warships legends so dont get them. oh well, at least i still have two copies of jingles

They are not commanders on legends, they are guises which you basically put in place over a commanders avatar, they give you colored tracers, voiceovers and fireworks when legendary skill is activated.

Basically guises are a waste of time, but at least don’t cost anything 

Members
95 posts
129 battles
On 4/14/2022 at 3:27 AM, iron_crosstx said:

oh well, at least i still have two copies of jingles

Just imagine if this guys suggestion got implemented... combine 2 or 3 Jingle to form..... ULTRA JINGLES.

[M-B]
Members
137 posts
On 4/15/2022 at 5:40 AM, Ruthless4u said:

They are not commanders on legends, they are guises which you basically put in place over a commanders avatar, they give you colored tracers, voiceovers and fireworks when legendary skill is activated.

Basically guises are a waste of time, but at least don’t cost anything 

still better then the generic crap we have.  not like most of the non generic captains (as opposed to premium ones) have much thats special about them. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this